Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.2 - OPEN BETA (ie NOT FINAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I'm sure I'm a fucking idiot once again...but why can't I get this in wide-screen?

Never had a problem with this before even when the Hi-Res mod had to be installed separately.

Turd Henley said:
Ok, so I'm sure I'm a fucking idiot once again...but why can't I get this in wide-screen?
Never had a problem with this before even when the Hi-Res mod had to be installed separately.
Try editing f2_res.ini directly, I can play in 1366x768 with no problem.

No matter what setting I choose...

...and again...DISCLAIMER to those who don't realize I'm TwinkieGorilla and I've played essentially every single RP release since the beginning....

...I can't get the screen to go wide for some reason.

ziemeck said:
I had to download the following DLL files to run sfall:
d3dx9_25.dll
d3dx9_31.dll
d3dx9_42.dll
d3dx9_43.dll
No you don't. You only need d3dx9_42.dll. And even that is needed only if you're using graphics mode 4 or 5.

If there was something else demanding other versions of the d3dx9 library, it wasn't sfall.

Re: :)

bruce said:
i remember pixote make new design map in military base a few months ago. Is in the new version ?

Yep that's level 4 of the Military base, I just greened the place up somewhat (radioactive shit), the original was somewhat drab. :wink:

valcik said:
Did you change the original "blood pool" artwork? It looks strange to me and doesn't fit the scale at all in 640x480px. (The tallneess of the object I mean, it's too high in comparison with other characters and objects.)

The blood pools had this problem where they would cover fallen ammo and items, and it was a bitch trying to get the goodies. So the frame offsets have been moved slightly, now players will see the items on top of the blood pools, I also took the liberty of adding a small highlight to make the blood look "wet", the original was too flat in my opinion. The sizes weren't changed, but the pool has a random element build into it, there are 6 or 7 shapes.

Darek said:
About the wrong animation offsets, I checked with vanilla Fallout 2 and it's the same there as far as i can see. Maybe that the hi-res patch makes it a bit more noticeable though. I think females looked a bit worse, hero mod made no difference. The difference in what weapon is being used is probably due to what stance the character has. Could maybe tweak some of the offsets, but I don't think it can ever get perfect (not that I have any experience with this, I'm just guessing).

This has alway plagued the game, the frame offsets don't always align correctly. With the bald and long hair dude care was taken to copy the original offsets, but there are no guarantees small errors haven't occurred. All I can say to people is be understanding, to fix 1000s of animations so the movement is flawless would be a difficult, but not an impossible task, but the chances are it wont happen. What makes it so annoying is the fact that little information is available from the original makers as to how they made this game, and Interplay was never keen on sharing with the community. Not that it helps with the animations, but still it would be nice to see the original files and animations.

Turd Henley said:
to those who don't realize I'm TwinkieGorilla and I've played essentially every single RP release since the beginning....

NMA has been a lackluster affair since your departure Twinkie, hopefully you'll stay and kick some ignorant arse. 8-)

Timeslip said:
ziemeck said:
I had to download the following DLL files to run sfall:
d3dx9_25.dll
d3dx9_31.dll
d3dx9_42.dll
d3dx9_43.dll
No you don't. You only need d3dx9_42.dll. And even that is needed only if you're using graphics mode 4 or 5.

If there was something else demanding other versions of the d3dx9 library, it wasn't sfall.
Well, I can prove my point here using printscreen: zcnet.22web.org/fo2/dll.gif

I am using vanilla F2 + RP 2.2, nothing on top of these.

.Pixote. said:
This has alway plagued the game, the frame offsets don't always align correctly. With the bald and long hair dude care was taken to copy the original offsets, but there are no guarantees small errors haven't occurred. All I can say to people is be understanding, to fix 1000s of animations so the movement is flawless would be a difficult, but not an impossible task, but the chances are it wont happen. What makes it so annoying is the fact that little information is available from the original makers as to how they made this game, and Interplay was never keen on sharing with the community. Not that it helps with the animations, but still it would be nice to see the original files and animations.

I've checked the Default Girl animation in Fallout 1 and, the 'AL' animation is off there as well, especially when having a spear equipped. Which is kinda strange to have that noticed after 14 years of playing the game :crazy:
I think animating the Punk Girl have made me more sensitive to offset issues and now I spot things like that.

EDIT:

Maybe this problem can be resolved by ommiting the 'C' animations (drawing a gun, pulling out spear/hammer etc) after playing the 'AL' animation, as this seem to be the root of this issue (something similar is done in the FOnline engine). Replaying the 'C' animation after searching each and every container is irritating anyway. I often holster my guns to do searching to avoid the annoying animation replay.

.Pixote. said:
NMA has been a lackluster affair since your departure Twinkie, hopefully you'll stay and kick some ignorant arse. 8-)

Ok, how's this for a start...

PLEASE HELP WITH MY FU-

*ahem*

Do you have any suggestions as to why I am able to change resolutions but the width stays the same each time?

.Pixote. said:
.. I also took the liberty of adding a small highlight to make the blood look "wet", the original was too flat in my opinion.
Oh damn you, Pixote! :mrgreen:
Alright then, if no one else cares, I'll get used to it for sure.

Twinkie:
Try to search on your C:\ for ddraw.ini and f2_res.ini files eventually. My guess is that there are multiple copies of them hidden somewhere, after your first installation of FO2 in Program Files directory.

Ah. Yeah, I've tried uninstalling everything on the c: but you may be right...I've probably installed/uninstalled FO2 and the RP 10 times on this computer alone.

Thanks, will let you know if it worked later this evening.

I have run into a problem with the installer. It tells me the RP can't be installed because it thinks I installed it in C:\Program Files. However, this is not correct I installed it the normal way (not manually) using the file path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Fallout 2. I'm running Win 7 64 bit and installing the RP has never been a problem before on this computer.

Thank you Turd and I realise it's quite an easy problem to circumvent, but I'm sure Killap would like the installer to work faultlessly, which is why I reported this error.

Lenny is missing from its usual place.
Looks like quite a bug i found here.

Edit: Oops looks like our version indeed are difrent, well messaged Killap about it. (Private beta, new look installed)

xsarq said:
Lenny is missing from its usual place.
Looks like quite a bug i found here.
He's there in my game. Do you install the new look for Lenny?
The same problem happened in the private beta, but he's missing with the new look installed.

ziemeck said:
Well, I can prove my point here using printscreen: zcnet.22web.org/fo2/dll.gif

I am using vanilla F2 + RP 2.2, nothing on top of these.
d3dx9_31.dll is needed by the res patch, but not by sfall. I'm not aware of anything fallout specific that uses the other dll's you mentioned, but maybe you have other 3rd party components like fraps or the steam overlay trying to butt in?

Bug in Modoc. With this latest RP i no longer can tell Balthas that Jonny is alive with slags or lie about him being kidnapped by them. I just get get floater "Please, bring my son back to me safely." from Balthas all the time.

I also found out from Balthas msg-file that there is a dialog response of Balthas refusing to believe Jonny is dead when you return bb-gun from well. I have never ever gotten this response, but the crying dialog instead. Is this another bug?

There was an issue with the Balthas script, if you do something in the wrong order, but I don't remember anymore.
Otherwise
It would be interesting to know further informations about the hidden msg-file.

Found a serious issue. The assault rifle (ak-112) that i got from Veiger (ghost farm) as a reward cannot be used. Aiming, single and burst modes don't show up in slot (only the weapon picture). Haven't yet found out if this affects all ak-112 assault rifles.

EDIT: I did the quest again and now it works fine. Must be a bugged savegame.

Skynet said:
Found a serious issue. The assault rifle (ak-112) that i got from Veiger (ghost farm) as a reward cannot be used. Aiming, single and burst modes don't show up in slot (only the weapon picture). Haven't yet found out if this affects all ak-112 assault rifles.

EDIT: I did the quest again and now it works fine. Must be a bugged savegame.
And it's not from a broken arm or some such?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back