Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.2 (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow wow At last it's finished eh ? Glad to see this big final update ! Killap and co and all other contributers have worked really hard for RP over years to become what's successfully achieved currently !

Few ditches here and there would be fixed soon, no problem !

BIG CONGRATULATIONS !!

Great Job, installing right now. Congratulations to all the team, I remember reporting bugs from 2.1.2 as if it was yesterday and now new great incarnation of RP arrived :)

Absolutely can't get it work with steam version. I have installed it in separate folder and then copy content to my f2 folder. Now I have "couldn't find/load text fonts." problem and fixing fallout2.cfg don't help.

One quick question, thing that I noticed instantly after starting. Have you changed Fast Shot trait that it doesn't take away ability to make targeted attacks in melee anymore ? Because I'm in temple of trials and can punch ants in the groin, no problem :D

@killap

Congratulations on making this release. I am going to run this on gog's version. I don't think I ever played previous release before, I am sure I am going to enjoy playing this version :)

So, this means no more checking for Christmas releases, right? We'll not see TwinkieGorilla stomping on balls of unaware duders in his righteous anger anymore? Ah, that's a little saddening news for me. :(

Anyway, thanks for your exceptional devotion to the bug squashing and also for your heroic patience with deciphering bug reports written in horribly broken English, Bear Dude! :salute:

killap said:
Sephis said:
Who did the art for the blonde female models? Any reason she is off color?
I can't remember, but the same person also did a red haired version. But yes, the model does seem a bit off compared to other critters in the game. Eh, it's an optional component, so it's up to the user to decide. :P
I think it was created by Rain man, who's working on total conversion mod Olympus:
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=887747&#887747

It feels great to finally see this released. I hope you all enjoy the new and altered content.

Truly a red-letter day for Fallout fans everywhere, if not our social lives and productivity. A thousand, thousand thanks to everyone who's sweated for years over this. You guys are kind of a big deal, if you weren't already aware.

Great work, big thanks for this huge package of fixes and improvements now Fallout 2 will shine brighter than ever... or will it glow...

Most impressive work.

Some bugs found playing this version for about 2h.

1. When you come with Sulik to his tribe nothing happens, as i remember in 2.1.2 there was script of his movement and dialogs with tribe chief. Maybe i'm wrong, but he just stays in bottom of the map, and all you can do is talk to him twice with "Ok." option and than "Ok. Come with me".

2. Some grammar mistakes when talking with trader (quest from same Tribe Village).

Gonna report some more as soon as i'll find them.

Absolute congratulations - you really have turned Fallout 2 from the brilliance the original game was to a totally awesome, complete experience.

:clap:

I'd better kick my bum into gear and finish my current playthrough of New Vegas so I can devote time to this, as I really don't want to be distracted. Now, I wonder where we can find someone crazy enough to try and convert Fallout 2 and the RP to the New Vegas engine LOL...

Awesome stuff, but urrgh this damn GOG version, after RP install I still have to copy music files from "sound/music" to "data/sound/music" and change the music path in the cfg or I get no music.

Sfall content in

;Set to one to directly control party members in combat
ControlPartyMembers=1

It is no-effect!
timeslip remove this feature.

Time to uninstall the old version and install the new! This will be glorious! Thank you so very much, the Great Beardude. :notworthy: :drunk:

Congrats on finishing this after so much work!

I am very excited about "2.) vast improvements to caravan runs." . What are the improvements?

I am still a little confused about what player models should be available now.

I get default, long haired and bald for male character and default or blond haired for female character.

Is that how it's supposed to be?

(And thank you Killap for your hard work.)

Thanks and congrats for getting to a release point.
I have 2 questions.
1) The installation instructions in the first post do not mention setting files to read only. Has this been changed ?
2) I've always created extra partitions for programs; then when windows had to be reinstalled, I could drag a new shortcut to the new desktop and many programs would run just fine, including Fallout 2.
The last time I installed Fallout 2, I copied the installation folder to an archive because it's so much faster than reinstalling from the CD.
With XP SP3, is there any registry issues with just copying the Fallout files from archive and then running the RP 2.2 installer ?

Great, great news and congratulations on the release, Killap and the team! :clap: At last, the final excuse for Pixote not to slave to death on MR is gone, mwahahaha :lol:

Seriously though, it feels great to see such a grand project come to a glorious conclusion. Again, congratulations to all involved!

Thank you very much Killap for being the person who worked the most on Fallout 2, thank you to all the modders from the past and present who left/leave their mark and thank you to all the testers who made this happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back