Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.2 (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Svankensen said:
Oh, and how do i find those scouts? Not that it matters now, since i got the plans the violent way, but still good to know.
The answer can be found here. Check it out, it may contain other stuff you have missed or are wondering about.

When I played Restoration Project one thing had always surprised me - if you finish the ''Find out what's haunting the tribe's shaman'' quest in Umbra Tribe, the dead girls corpse is still present... Even after you SPOILER ALERT buried her.

It doesn't make sense to me. As far as I remember the dead rats tiny bodies will also be there forever. Do you think you can fix it?

Bug Report?

Sometimes, when i have small frame and 5 Str i get 110 carry capacity, sometimes, 100. Might have to do with taking the gifted trait or not, but it seems gifted ones get 110 while the rest get 100.

Sagez said:
When I played Restoration Project one thing had always surprised me - if you finish the ''Find out what's haunting the tribe's shaman'' quest in Umbra Tribe, the dead girls corpse is still present... Even after you SPOILER ALERT buried her.

It doesn't make sense to me. As far as I remember the dead rats tiny bodies will also be there forever. Do you think you can fix it?

Yeah, she should be properly buried at that location, or inside the village somewhere.

Svankensen said:
Bug Report?

Sometimes, when i have small frame and 5 Str i get 110 carry capacity, sometimes, 100. Might have to do with taking the gifted trait or not, but it seems gifted ones get 110 while the rest get 100.

Sagez said:

Guys, don't forget to add bug reports to the RP wiki. Killap is a busy dude, try to help him out by having the bugs in one spot. So he can utilize his time fixing them, not finding them.

Sagez said:

Thought I did for the upcoming 2.3, but thanks for the reminder. I'll double check.

@Drobovik
+1 to his comment. It does make it easier for me to find issues when they are on the wiki. There is at least a 50% chance I will miss them if you only post here. Think of this thread as a discussion for issues. Post here if you want *comments* on a bug but not to do the initial report.

And while I hate giving release dates, pencil in early December for a nice holiday gift for everyone. 8-)

Destyre said:
Hello !!!

I bought Fallout 2 from GOG for my Mac (Mavericks) and wanted to install the restoration project by following the procedure from there : http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/F2RP_Technical_Info

for the GOG Mac edition (fallout_2_1.0.0.14.dmg).

After the installation, I started to play but it was impossible to save.

So I did what was precised by the previous link :

If you are saving the game for the first time with the RP and you see the following message: "Error saving game! Unable to save game." this means the master.dat file was not properly patched during the install process. First, make sure you have the master.dat file in your main Fallout 2 directory. Second, make sure that the modification date on the file is around the same time you installed the RP. If you do not have the file, find your installation disk and manually copy it over. If the modification date is not correct, then download the manual install of the RP and follow the instructions in the readme for applying the "batch" files.

But the game still can't save.

Is there a secret trick ???

Thanks !

Anybody have an idea for my problem ??

killap said:
@Drobovik
+1 to his comment. It does make it easier for me to find issues when they are on the wiki. There is at least a 50% chance I will miss them if you only post here. Think of this thread as a discussion for issues. Post here if you want *comments* on a bug but not to do the initial report.

Ah, ok, i was just checking if it was a real bug or something engine related wich you might not be able to correct. Ill post it in the Wiki.

By the way, is science of any use to an int 3 character? Im storing big books of science for the moment being, and i dont know if i should use them or ditch them.

Svankensen said:
By the way, is science of any use to an int 3 character? Im storing big books of science for the moment being, and i dont know if i should use them or ditch them.
There are several science specific checks throughout the game. Many are found at the EPA. And these checks are independent of INT. However, these checks might require 100 science (or at least close to it), but I don't recall exactly.

@Destyre
I've never run the RP on a Mac, so sorry, I can't help. I do hope Mac users come out and make a comment.

Uhh, i just discovered an exploit after i began using the "get him drunk, rob him blind" technique on my hardcore games. The barman in broken hills sells you beers for 4 coins each, and they dont weight a thing. Most merchants buy them at 5 each. So, uhhh, yeah, you can increase your money by 20% just by spending all your money on beer. wich is a weird sight, a traveler of the wasteland with nothing but guns and beer on his backpack. Money? Who needs it, beer is the standard currency. Then i guess you could go to redding and sell them. Now, its boring as fuck, i just bought like 60 beers to have 6 groups of 10 to get people really drunk, and it took me about a minute, just keeping 1 pressed and and clicking on the barman, but if somone were up to it... Well, they would become beer merchants. Wich i guess its fine, since traveling the wasteland is a dangerous bussiness anyway, and i always liked that of Terminal Velocity.

I have crash problems playing restoration project as mentioned earlier. I want to help Killap as much as possible finding the bugs(if it is a bug??) How do I post them on wiki, so he would see them?? Anyone??

Elwis

Go here. Read the Bug Reports section first. To post a bug, look at the Contents, click on the needed chapter depending on where you having a bug, then use one of the edit buttons next to the chapter/town name. Just be careful, when editing, do not delete other peoples' reports and preview BEFORE clicking Publish.

Drobovik said:
Elwis

Go here. Read the Bug Reports section first. To post a bug, look at the Contents, click on the needed chapter depending on where you having a bug, then use one of the edit buttons next to the chapter/town name. Just be careful, when editing, do not delete other peoples' reports and preview BEFORE clicking Publish.
Man, for a second I worry what if a malevolent person erase that report list ? Hope killap or any other dudes have a copy of it already...

BrecMadak said:
Drobovik said:
Elwis

Man, for a second I worry what if a malevolent person erase that report list ? Hope killap or any other dudes have a copy of it already...
@BrecMadak: Wikia, Wikipedia and all such major wiki-sites have history function for each page, with options to Undo and Rollback. Such operations can be done by Admin users, so in worst case scenario, they just roll back to a working version. You'd probably have to fry the part of the server(s) containing that page's data, for any data to actually truly be lost.

I had to do an annoying restore recently actually. After about 15 undo/rollback actions, I got it back to how it was supposed to look :roll: The undo/rollback process could be much improved and made much more user-friendly, but it's sufficient.

@ALL
Will the source code for RP scripts be released?
Waiting like several years for this, to complete my economy rebalance mod and start playing again ;)

phobos2077 said:
@ALL
Will the source code for RP scripts be released?
Waiting like several years for this, to complete my economy rebalance mod and start playing again ;)
I agree, killap source code is good, 'specially since these days are your final release(s)
nod.gif

killap said:
@Destyre
I've never run the RP on a Mac, so sorry, I can't help. I do hope Mac users come out and make a comment.

Yep, we'll see :)

Otherwise I'll just do a windows partition.

I agree, killap source code is good, 'specially since these days are your final release(s)

+1, on the condition the patch and restoration pack stay the same they are now, and the other modders could implement the other things that arent in F2RP.

Drobovik said:
Elwis

Thanks Drobovik

Now I´ve made a bug report at the fallout wiki. I hope Killap will see it and that I've done everything right when editing.

Is there a way to deactivate the Lenny patch? As he doesnt run woth this sprite, he always lags behind, making him mostly useless, as he isnt around for any fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back