Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.2 (Unofficial Expansion)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by killap, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darek

Darek is currently unavailable

Jan 7, 2008
    The answer can be found here. Check it out, it may contain other stuff you have missed or are wondering about.

2. Sagez

Sagez It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 29, 2013
    When I played Restoration Project one thing had always surprised me - if you finish the ''Find out what's haunting the tribe's shaman'' quest in Umbra Tribe, the dead girls corpse is still present... Even after you SPOILER ALERT buried her.

It doesn't make sense to me. As far as I remember the dead rats tiny bodies will also be there forever. Do you think you can fix it?

3. Svankensen

Svankensen First time out of the vault

May 5, 2012
    Bug Report?

Sometimes, when i have small frame and 5 Str i get 110 carry capacity, sometimes, 100. Might have to do with taking the gifted trait or not, but it seems gifted ones get 110 while the rest get 100.

4. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Yeah, she should be properly buried at that location, or inside the village somewhere.

5. Drobovik

Drobovik Vault Archivarius Modder

Jun 20, 2011
    Guys, don't forget to add bug reports to the RP wiki. Killap is a busy dude, try to help him out by having the bugs in one spot. So he can utilize his time fixing them, not finding them.

6. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    Thought I did for the upcoming 2.3, but thanks for the reminder. I'll double check.

@Drobovik
    +1 to his comment. It does make it easier for me to find issues when they are on the wiki. There is at least a 50% chance I will miss them if you only post here. Think of this thread as a discussion for issues. Post here if you want *comments* on a bug but not to do the initial report.

And while I hate giving release dates, pencil in early December for a nice holiday gift for everyone. 8-)

7. Destyre

Destyre First time out of the vault

Nov 18, 2013
    Anybody have an idea for my problem ??

8. Svankensen

May 5, 2012
    Ah, ok, i was just checking if it was a real bug or something engine related wich you might not be able to correct. Ill post it in the Wiki.

By the way, is science of any use to an int 3 character? Im storing big books of science for the moment being, and i dont know if i should use them or ditch them.

9. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    There are several science specific checks throughout the game. Many are found at the EPA. And these checks are independent of INT. However, these checks might require 100 science (or at least close to it), but I don't recall exactly.

@Destyre
    I've never run the RP on a Mac, so sorry, I can't help. I do hope Mac users come out and make a comment.

10. Svankensen

May 5, 2012
    Uhh, i just discovered an exploit after i began using the "get him drunk, rob him blind" technique on my hardcore games. The barman in broken hills sells you beers for 4 coins each, and they dont weight a thing. Most merchants buy them at 5 each. So, uhhh, yeah, you can increase your money by 20% just by spending all your money on beer. wich is a weird sight, a traveler of the wasteland with nothing but guns and beer on his backpack. Money? Who needs it, beer is the standard currency. Then i guess you could go to redding and sell them. Now, its boring as fuck, i just bought like 60 beers to have 6 groups of 10 to get people really drunk, and it took me about a minute, just keeping 1 pressed and and clicking on the barman, but if somone were up to it... Well, they would become beer merchants. Wich i guess its fine, since traveling the wasteland is a dangerous bussiness anyway, and i always liked that of Terminal Velocity.

11. Elwis

Elwis First time out of the vault

Nov 24, 2009
    I have crash problems playing restoration project as mentioned earlier. I want to help Killap as much as possible finding the bugs(if it is a bug??) How do I post them on wiki, so he would see them?? Anyone??

12. Drobovik

Drobovik Vault Archivarius Modder

Jun 20, 2011
    Elwis

Go here. Read the Bug Reports section first. To post a bug, look at the Contents, click on the needed chapter depending on where you having a bug, then use one of the edit buttons next to the chapter/town name. Just be careful, when editing, do not delete other peoples' reports and preview BEFORE clicking Publish.

13. BrecMadak

BrecMadak First time out of the vault

Jul 5, 2010
    Man, for a second I worry what if a malevolent person erase that report list ? Hope killap or any other dudes have a copy of it already...

14. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    @BrecMadak: Wikia, Wikipedia and all such major wiki-sites have history function for each page, with options to Undo and Rollback. Such operations can be done by Admin users, so in worst case scenario, they just roll back to a working version. You'd probably have to fry the part of the server(s) containing that page's data, for any data to actually truly be lost.

I had to do an annoying restore recently actually. After about 15 undo/rollback actions, I got it back to how it was supposed to look :roll: The undo/rollback process could be much improved and made much more user-friendly, but it's sufficient.

15. phobos2077

phobos2077 Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 24, 2010
    @ALL
    Will the source code for RP scripts be released?
    Waiting like several years for this, to complete my economy rebalance mod and start playing again ;)

16. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    I agree, killap source code is good, 'specially since these days are your final release(s)

17. Destyre

Destyre First time out of the vault

Nov 18, 2013
    Yep, we'll see :)

Otherwise I'll just do a windows partition.

18. Felipefpl

Felipefpl Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 17, 2010
    +1, on the condition the patch and restoration pack stay the same they are now, and the other modders could implement the other things that arent in F2RP.

19. Elwis

Elwis First time out of the vault

Nov 24, 2009
    Thanks Drobovik

Now I´ve made a bug report at the fallout wiki. I hope Killap will see it and that I've done everything right when editing.

20. Svankensen

May 5, 2012
    Is there a way to deactivate the Lenny patch? As he doesnt run woth this sprite, he always lags behind, making him mostly useless, as he isnt around for any fights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.