Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.2 (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
killap said:
Drobovik said:
You? russian? Get outta here. You pulling my leg here.
Only Russians are crazy enough to mod Fallout after so many years, right? ;)

My grandparents were Russian, so yeah, I'm technically half Russian. Well, maybe closer to a 1/3, but the blood still flows. Heh. But I guess that's why I'm more of a beer guy.

What a coincidence (besides of having the same name-I think you said it was Paul), my grandparents were Russian, too. Yeah, I'm a beer guy as well, although I do like White Russians on occasion.

Thank you and the others for all your hard work on this mod. I'm looking forward to playing this version. I've been following this since you started and have checked this forum on a daily basis from the beginning to see what anybody comes up with. I wish I had the skills to mod, but the only thing I ever did was tweak artwork (thanks to Cubik) and some dialog files, and changed the World Map encounters to my own taste.

First off many thanks for the superb work.

Any chance of fixing 2 minor, but really annoying, weapon accuracy issues from 2.1.2b? The FN FAL is classed as a pistol for range modification - meaning accuracy is increased/decreased by 8 x Perception rather than 16 x perception for rifles. The scoped hunting rifle gets a 20 x perception modifier but from inside 8 hexes there's a minus ((PE - 1) x 20) -12 modifier - meaning at range 8 with 7 perception accuracy could be 90 but at range 7 accuracy would be 132% lower than the expected 94%. Thanks for your time.

Thank you Killap and congratulations to all the team members involved over the years for this release! I hope you have a good web hosting service cause you must have experienced some massive connections during the past 24 hours ;)

Now it's time for you to move to MR :ugly: :D

lostabroad2 said:
First off many thanks for the superb work.
Any chance of fixing 2 minor, but really annoying, weapon accuracy issues from 2.1.2b? The FN FAL is classed as a pistol for range modification - meaning accuracy is increased/decreased by 8 x Perception rather than 16 x perception for rifles. The scoped hunting rifle gets a 20 x perception modifier but from inside 8 hexes there's a minus ((PE - 1) x 20) -12 modifier - meaning at range 8 with 7 perception accuracy could be 90 but at range 7 accuracy would be 132% lower than the expected 94%. Thanks for your time.
They are not "bugged" and not only from RP. It's just because FN FAL and some other new weapons added in FO2 don't have any weapon perks to increase their to-hit chance.

And "Weapon Scope Range" perk used by the scoped hunting rifle is meant to have a disadvantage in close range. Here's the pseudocode of the to-hit calculation in FO2: http://fonlinedocs.netii.net/tohit2.c

You can use f2wedit to add/modify perks on those weapons to suit your preference. I don't think killap will want to edit weapon protos, especially when they are not bugged like Shiv.

Is there a place where I can find complete documentation? I forgot if the RP fixes some of the bugged endings that could never happen.

Don't know what the complete documentation you need, but there are two changelogs (RP & UP) in FO2 folder.
RP has fixed Gecko's endings, and you can also get V13's good ending.

NovaRain said:
Don't know what the complete documentation you need, but there are two changelogs (RP & UP) in FO2 folder.
RP has fixed Gecko's endings, and you can also get V13's good ending.
Which is what I wanted, YAY DEATHCLAWS (I'm terrible about actually finishing the game.)

Just noticed that when using Gamma Gulp on Lenny (the new skin), he says "Error" in green text once, and no effect from the drink occurs. Sadly overwrote that savefile, but it should be repeatable (only tried once so far).

Well, I've finally started playing the Restoration Project, and I'm pretty impressed. I like the light touch, especially; I've come across some new content, but none of it felt like "Hey, new stuff!", all of it felt like it could well have just been something that I missed on my first playthrough, and I really like that feel.

In other news, I have a bug report, which I'll endeavor to explain despite having somehow managed to forget the name of the relevant characters. Basically, if you close the door between the guy who runs the slaughterhouse in Modoc and his daughter's room, and then you hit a script which would try to make him enter the room, the game gets stuck in cutscene mode because he's not smart enough to open the door.

*to everyone reporting bugs*

toss killap a bone and 1) provide a save game and 2) add an entry on the wiki. Show him some respect! it's great that you want to bring these bugs to his attention, but if you read his first post and follow the bug reporting process, it makes it much much easier for him to follow up and address the bugs.

Congratulations and thank you for all the hard work you've put in, killap! It sure is appreciated. And now... time to play some Fallout 2 ;)

agris said:
*to everyone reporting bugs*

toss killap a bone and 1) provide a save game and 2) add an entry on the wiki. Show him some respect! it's great that you want to bring these bugs to his attention, but if you read his first post and follow the bug reporting process, it makes it much much easier for him to follow up and address the bugs.

Ah, yeah, I should have seen that. I've added the relevant wiki bit coupled with some extra stuff I figured out from the Fallout wiki (Like the characters' names, for instance. >.>)

Last time I played Fallout 2 was somewhere around 2005. I played the game numerous times since it was released, but never finished it (that's a nasty habit of mine with almost everything I play).
I never played RP, but was silently watching.
Now it's time.

Thank you very much, killap. :)

I have been visiting these forums for several years and I love your mod. Because of the final release, I am going to do a Lets Play. My first one and it will probably not that good but I have always thought about doing one and what game could be a better start than Fallout 2 with your awesome mod? ;)

Regards,
Bandyto

Hi Killap,

Wanted to say congratulations on finally getting this all finished. Been putting off playing FO2 again until you got this final version released, since your first release which reintroduced the EPA.

Thanks!

Dynamite related problems:
If you kill Mordino Snr, Salvatore Snr, or Mason by planting timed dynamite on them and running off-screen before fulfilling their quests the game crashes. This corrupted my save games!?!
Doing the same thing to little Johnny at the Ghost farm doesn't result in the child-killer perk, karma loss, experience, etc and you can still ask Vegeir to send him home - which he does!

Congrats!
But what's with this weird message, that appeared next to "ADDICT" notice right after the install (on top of previous version and with old saves though), that tells "NPC CRIPPLED"? Is it a part of new functionality or just a bug, because I've checked all my companions and none of them is crippled? Anyway, great job. Gonna start a new game to see all newly added stuff.

Mister Tulip said:
Well, I've finally started playing the Restoration Project, and I'm pretty impressed. I like the light touch, especially; I've come across some new content, but none of it felt like "Hey, new stuff!", all of it felt like it could well have just been something that I missed on my first playthrough, and I really like that feel.

This is great to hear, as it was very important to me that the new content fit in as seamlessly as possible with the original game. I didn't want anything to shout out, "New, modded in content! Look over here! It's NEW!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back