Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.3.2 (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well since I haven't checked the older versions of the RP (except 1.2), I want to ask if getting the good endings in the some of the cities aren't bugged anymore or glitched. specifically Vault 13, Vault City, Gecko.

Last time I got the good ending for Vault 13, Vault City and Gecko too.
Just make sure you showed the economic data disk to McCrule which was given by the Brain rat from Gecko Tunnels. They need a diplomatic agreement about the optimization, otherwise VC conquers Gecko after time.
In Vault 13, don't free Matt from his prison, or he runs to his nazi friends and they vipe out the place. I actually said I help him and then watched as Gruthar kills him.

For the test, I started new game and ran to new reno. guess what, same problem happened. that means It is not a save file problem.

And, I also tested death and crash issue by vanilla version. In vanilla version, when I die, after the death scene and just go back to main title screen.
So what about the high-res patch? Were you using it in both tests (when it crashed and didn't crash)? Did you try enabling/disabling it and tweaking its graphic modes?

However, I've spotted a discrepancy in easteregg text. In RP 2.2, there was "Emperor" Timeslip everywhere, which you changed to "Empress" Timeslip in 2.3.X, yet there is still one line left with "Emperor" - {1000}{}{You see Emperor Timeslip.}
Bah. Always something. Well, add it to the wiki, please.

Another nitpicking thing - Every dot and space has been corrected, yet there's still two types of brackets used to express NPC or player action. Shouldn't only one be used?
Perhaps, but I didn't want to mess with that since I don't think anyone came to a good consensus on what should be used. I suppose pick one and run with it, but I felt it to be too minor. Eh, it gives more flavor to the game. ;)

Last edited:
I think I've found a bug in EPA (epac6) script.
Director of Ground Maintenance
If you don't kill plants right away but take quest first, kill them, then return and take reward, some local var not reset correctly. If you talk again with him, he'll ask you if you completed his task or not (which you obviously did and taken reward for it). He's locked up forever in this incorrect state.

I think I've found a bug in EPA (epac6) script.
Post a save game, please. Always post a save game with a bug report.
Posted to wiki. I think it's pretty straightforward after you read the report.
Download to save game keeps timing out, but looking at the script, yeah, you're right. Bah. Well, at least the quest can be obtained, completed, reward given, crossed out on pipboy and not given/completed more than once. So it's a bug, but a minor one.

Thanks for reporting. And remember everyone, post bug details to the wiki and with a savegame. Things might get "lost" in this thread over time.

Hey Killap, or anyone else who's played the latest RP, are there any save game editors that work with the Restoration Project?

For Russians with little English, where are the best places for them to post questions about:

1. F2 and/or RP 2.3.2 Install issues
2. Technical issues
3. RP 2.3.2 gameplay

@killap You are my savior! You were right. It was a hi-res graphic problem. Once I disabled it, New reno and death problems solved.

Ah, I really liked that high res patch.... It's too bad that I have to turn off that for playing the game.

I should look for ways to play the game with high res patch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I'm having an issue with the RP here--and I love this mod, btw, it's awesome. I noticed you also added in girl sprites for children! Nicely done xD

Anyway, the problem is, when playing in windowed mode, I can't switch over to my other windows i have open, like skype (which is why I play in windowed mode to begin with). I tried using alt+tab, and I also tried using the windows button too, and nothing seems to work. Is there a setting in the ddraw file I am not realizing needs changed? I altered both the Sfall and ddraw files to be in window mode, AND changed the FO screen preferences to window as well--so I'm not sure what else I can do ;.;

Any help, I'd much appreciate--I'd like to be able to play this even when my friends are on skype :)

@killap You are my savior! You were right. It was a hi-res graphic problem. Once I disabled it, New reno and death problems solved.

Ah, I really liked that high res patch.... It's too bad that I have to turn off that for playing the game.

I should look for ways to play the game with high res patch.
Did you try using an older version of the high res patch -- v3.06? If you are running RP 2.3.2, you can choose to install this legacy version.

Anyway, the problem is, when playing in windowed mode, I can't switch over to my other windows i have open, like skype (which is why I play in windowed mode to begin with). I tried using alt+tab, and I also tried using the windows button too, and nothing seems to work. Is there a setting in the ddraw file I am not realizing needs changed? I altered both the Sfall and ddraw files to be in window mode, AND changed the FO screen preferences to window as well--so I'm not sure what else I can do ;.;
I can switch to my IM window with alt-tab. Did you just alt-tab in game with no esc menu/inventory/character screen opened? In my situation if none of them gets opened and I alt-tab, my mouse movement will be limited to the screen size of the game.

Yeah, I had hit the escape button to open up the menu, then tried Alt tab, as well as the windows icon button :/

@killap

I tried legacy version, but same problem happened.

I'm running the game with my laptop which have two graphics card, on board graphics card and external graphics card.

I suspect that is a cause of problems. I already suffered many times for that.

In a few days, I will try with my desktop.

Anyway, RP is the greatest mode I ever had. I appreciate your hard works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, sorry to sound like a total killjoy, but is there an alt-mirror for the current RP version? Download's not starting for me.

So I've poked around in the Sfall and the ddraw ini files and still can't figure out how to get windowed version to work properly, letting me access my other windows :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back