Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project Discussion (ideas/suggestions)

Minigun Jim said:
Aslo, there's a bug whereby you can accindentally hit corpses instead of the target, as if the corpse was still targetable. This only appeared after I installed the RP.
This is not a bug but a feature which is in the original game as well. Not sure what governs this possibility though.

I'm not sure I'd call it a 'feature'. The function that determines what you hit probably isn't checking if critters are dead or not. Rather annoyingly, almost every bullet from a burst weapon will hit a body, rather than your target.

Hi all.

I don't like the idea of placing solar scorcher in EPA. SS is an exotic weapon, so why to place it in regular location. Meeting the random encounter must be the extraordinary and promising event. If I can't get something special from random encounter than the diversity of the gameplay is being hit.

Thank you,
sorry for bad english.

@kitovyj
Someone here claimed the devs intended it to go in EPA, so it would seem it was shoved into the Guardian of Forever encounter when the EPA got cut. It even looks like the sort of thing you'd expect to find in a high-tech base dedicated to preserving the environment, as it's a solar-powered gun.

It would put it into the game as another energy weapon, but with only 2 places to get it as opposed to one. You'd be able to find an interesting high-tech weapon in the EPA, just not a game-breaking one like the Gauss or Pulse Pistol.

@Minigun Jim

Ok, if placing SS in EPA seems just like something what original developers intended to do, I remove my objection.

it's clearly written in Fallout Bible that developers intended to put it there (it's the Bible damnit!)

touriste said:
it's clearly written in Fallout Bible that developers intended to put it there (it's the Bible damnit!)
It is indeed written in the design docs to the EPA. Now whether they changed it for a reason is debatable.

Broken Hills

Hello! I love this patch it adds so much to the game. 8-)

The corrections.txt says:
"• Telling Marcus about the missing people will no longer cause him to send the conspirators to jail as if you completed the other quest."

However, the "blow up mine" quest still gets crossed out if you tell Marcus about the missing villagers in the tunnels, so now you can't blow up the mine. Despite that Marcus doesn't send the conspirators to jail, when I told him about the missing people the mine quest is crossed. When I talk the Jacob guy afterward, he calls you an "Utter traitor" as if he were in jail. So, it doesn't make any sense basically.

The dialog to tell Marcus about the plot to blow up the mines is still there too. The major issue with these Broken Hills quests still remains. There's still no way to tell Marcus about the missing villagers and also blow up the mine.

Forgive me if this is redundant, I didn't see another post mentioning it.

Is it possible to change fast shot trait so that it would affect ranged weapons only? It should be possible to aim with melee weapons imho.

Might I suggest removing the ripper from the slaver at the slave camp where you find Sulik's sister?

It makes sense to go here after The Den, and that just feels a bit too early on to encounter that weapon.

But if you really want the ripper here, you should at least equip it on the slaver. Instead he was wielding a normal old sledgehammer despite the ripper he had in his inventory.

Dravean said:
Might I suggest removing the ripper from the slaver at the slave camp where you find Sulik's sister?

It makes sense to go here after The Den, and that just feels a bit too early on to encounter that weapon.

But if you really want the ripper here, you should at least equip it on the slaver. Instead he was wielding a normal old sledgehammer despite the ripper he had in his inventory.

Agreed. Too powerful a weapon too early on.

Josan12 said:
Agreed. Too powerful a weapon too early on.
Only if he isn't wielding it. With the exception of him, in order to get to the Ripper, you have to kill the thug who was trying to stab you with it. That makes them enough of a risk for a lower level/equipped player to avoid, especially with all the Metal Armor thugs and the leader with a COmbat shotgun. Also the easiest way to get the location of the Slaver camp is to wipe out Metzger, no trivial thing if you're running an AP ammo fix as any modder should :).

As for too powerful early on, you could argue that for most of New Reno if you go there off of the Den thug's information.

Minigun Jim said:
Also the easiest way to get the location of the Slaver camp is to wipe out Metzger, no trivial thing if you're running an AP ammo fix as any modder should :).

I got the location of the Slaver Camp simply by talking to Metzger, and I didn't even have my speech skill pumped up too high.

Also, the slaver with the ripper is over to the side, guarding Sulik's sister away from most of the other slavers. So one could easily take him on without having to take out the entire camp.

If the ripper is to remain, then I'd suggest giving it to one of the slavers inside the main slaver den, perhaps the leader. And also make him have it equipped so that you can't just steal it. That way you really do have to take them all out in order to obtain it.

EDIT:

Alright, I checked out this map again, and it seems that the guard does have it equipped, as well as the sledge hammer. It's just that when I fought him he never used the ripper and then I found it on his corpse, so I assumed he didn't have it equipped.

However, I still think that if the ripper is to remain, it should only be given to the Slavers that are inside the hut, as I was able to take out the lone slaver with the ripper at a low level with a little help from Sulik.

@ Killap What about getting the power armor damaged, because there is still a manual for repairing it?
Thus far with enough repeairing skill and maybe some junk and the manual even the armors of your NPC´s you might fix it....
This option, by my thought´s, was intended to be there.

An idea: could you add karma traits/reputations for being a Sheriff (Redding) or a Ranger (NCR)? After all, you get specific reputations for becoming a Made Man, a Slaver or a Prizefighter, so having a Ranger or Sheriff reputation seems logical.

EDIT: Two more ideas:
I'd like the "normal" genetically-engineered seeds from the EPA have positive results if planted in Arroyo (unlike the experimental ones that either produce a spore-plant or nothing at all). Sure, it won't solve the problems outright, but it might make things a little better (and thus reflected in Hakunin's or The Elder's dialog).

If possible, I think that either a karma reputation or an ending slide should be added if you kill both Metzger (and his slavers), Vortis (and his guards), and the Slaver Camp slavers; maybe an "Abolitionist" reputation or this being a perquisite for the "Ranger" reputation I've suggested above?

Back