Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project Discussion (ideas/suggestions)

Re: Some Suggestions and a Bug.

theflyingcow said:
Found a bug while clearing out the mine in Redding - I killed all wanamingo's but the quest is still open (Yes I got all of them on all 4 different maps). I'm pretty sure this isn't related to the patch but simply because the game didn't give me credit for killing the silver wanamingo (No exp.). I can send save file if you'd like to check it out for yourself.

I've you check every where!? I remember findind some wanamingo's it the other part of the mines... near the entrance of the Malamut Saloon and in another section far from the wanamigo mine. I recall like 4 of then in some darck corner...

I've you found and kill them too?

MIB88 said:
encinodude said:
What I'm suggesting is that the animation for them be changed to the "walk" animation if their legs are crippled.

Again, as I said, this is already the case. This is what happens during combat. Enemies with crippled legs can't run away. They can only run if they are blinded or have crippled arms, yet the description is always the same: It is () wounded with crippled limbs.

I don't remember what happens out of combat.

I'll go get someone crippled and check again. I distinctly remember crippled enemies running away like they were being chased by a hundred hungry geckos.

One thing that I recommend, that probably wasin't the idea of the original developers but still sounds and shouldin't be that hard to make, is burying and giving a funeral to any party members you have that died.

Like, if you have sulik/marcus/whoever in your party and your band gets attacked by aliens/raiders/whatever and you loose a guy, you can bury him, have everyone say a few words, and a spot on the map will be marked as "Marcus's Grave" or whatever. Personally, I always kinda felt just a LITTLE upset if I ever lost a really cool/helpful party member like cassidy or Marcus.

Does anyone else like this idea? I mean, the restoration mod already includes a bunch of other add ons, so why not something cool like my idea?

BarbadosSlim said:
Does anyone else like this idea? I mean, the restoration mod already includes a bunch of other add ons, so why not something cool like my idea?

That's a pretty good idea, I don't know if it is doable though.

I like that idea, too. I have no idea if it's possible to change a random map into a permanent map location... I doubt it.

Continuum said:
And what with situation when car is out of fuel?

Not sure how it is called, but that map is already planned for. You don't access it until the car runs out of fuel. Different story in the case of a random map that is generated, and then you want to make it permanent. Maybe there is a way, but I can't see it.

MIB88 said:
Not sure how it is called, but that map is already planned for. You don't access it until the car runs out of fuel. Different story in the case of a random map that is generated, and then you want to make it permanent. Maybe there is a way, but I can't see it.
What if each of the NPC:s get a map of their own, just like the car?
Couldn't you just teleport there when someone die?

Darek said:
MIB88 said:
This is exactly how it can be done.

Awesome idea, but not something I will be adding to the RP at this time.

Darek said:

I like the creative thinking and all. Maybe it will lead to an answer...

That other map for the car is called by the engine, I believe, when you are traveling on the worldmap. In this situation, there are too many other problems to work around. First, there are lots of different random encounter maps. Which one is the right one to use for such a thing, since your party NPCs could be killed anywhere? I suppose one generic looking map could do for any of them, though. Would have to figure out a way to make sure that the first burial site isn't overwritten by the next burial site. Maybe this isn't an issue, though. But, then you mention teleportation. There are a number of issues that come with teleporting, especially with the car. That would need to be resolved.
I can't access my files right now, but, is there a global variable called car out of fuel (or power)?

Seems like an interesting idea, but why go to the trouble of adding special sites all over the map? What about adding a few un-planted plots in Golgotha instead? You could carry the body (like Anna's bones or the missing Hubologist corpse) then someone, somewhere could make a gravemarker to use.

If you really wanted to get extreme with respect and conscience, maybe there is a karma gain for doing this - and a drop if you just leave them out in the desert for the vultures.

Morticia said:
You could carry the body (like Anna's bones or the missing Hubologist corpse) then someone, somewhere could make a gravemarker to use.

If you really wanted to get extreme with respect and conscience, maybe there is a karma gain for doing this - and a drop if you just leave them out in the desert for the vultures.

Too bad Iguana Bob isn't in FO2 :twisted:

JOG said:
If he was still alive and well, we could've added a "Cannibal" reputation, which would've been cool for evil characters :evil:

Oh, isn't his son around in the NCR bazaar?

JOG said:
Morticia said:
You could carry the body (like Anna's bones or the missing Hubologist corpse) then someone, somewhere could make a gravemarker to use.

Hmm...
Carrying the corpses of your companions somewhere could be done. Items could be made of their bodies. Though, I think it makes more sense to bury them where they might die. And carrying around the corpse of Marcus would be a huge pain! I will see what I can cook up for the Megamod.
As for Iguana Bob... well, seems like a good idea for a group/village. I mean, you can encounter cannibals in encounters on the northwest portion of the map a la The Road. Might make for another interesting side story dealing with them. Again, something else to put on my list of ideas. Actually, I think it was touched upon in the Sokil/Colly mod.

The idea of burying companions is a bit morbid but I think it could go something like this:

- combat ends, one or more of your party is dead

- dialog window comes up with
--- Com'n let's get going these rotting corpses are starting to smell. (dialog closes karma is lowered)
--- Don't forget to loot the bodies before we leave. (dialog closes karma is lowered but less than first option)
--- The wasteland has claimed more souls, shame. (dialog closes)
--- Let's say our good-byes before we leave. (dialog closes karma is raised slighly)

- if the fourth option is picked, after the dialog window closes, the screen goes black, reloads map with graves of how many party died and living party members display floating text

I don't know the technical aspects of doing this, but would seem the easiest as there is no dependency on user actions with dead bodies. You could also have the dead party members items left in a pile on the ground, so as not to have and dig up your friend to get his stuff.

I was thinking more of 3 dialog options:

1. Leave the body. - karma drop
2. Bury the dead. - karma gain
3. Not yet, have to loot the body first. - no karma drop, seriously it's my stuff!

I think the best thing would be if the dialog comes up when you click the body of the deceased NPC, if that is possible. When you choose "bury the dead" you teleport to a "grave" map.

Continuum said:
What if more than 1 party member will be killed in the same place/in the same time?
Maybe it can be done easier... but assuming it's possible to assign a "grave" map after how many died, and then check if one of the maps have been used already and then use the next in line.
These were the maps I had in mind, assuming every NPC deserves to be buried:
2x 5 graves on map
3x 4 graves on map
4x 3 graves on map
6x 2 graves on map
12x 1 grave on map

MIB88 said:
That other map for the car is called by the engine, I believe, when you are traveling on the worldmap. In this situation, there are too many other problems to work around. First, there are lots of different random encounter maps. Which one is the right one to use for such a thing, since your party NPCs could be killed anywhere? I suppose one generic looking map could do for any of them, though. Would have to figure out a way to make sure that the first burial site isn't overwritten by the next burial site. Maybe this isn't an issue, though. But, then you mention teleportation. There are a number of issues that come with teleporting, especially with the car. That would need to be resolved.
I can't access my files right now, but, is there a global variable called car out of fuel (or power)?
I don't think there is a global variable for the car out of gas, at least not what I could see. I think killap knows how to do the teleportation with the car, since he's done it in his RP mod.

I had some ideas/suggestions to throw your way. If any are possible, that would be cool:

-NPCs > When setting up NPCs with Burst-Fire weapons/commands, make them move into the open so that they don't hit other party members. I always hated how, for example, Marcus could be using an Avenger Minigun and totally blow away your party members because he's aiming at something from the back of the group. Same goes for any NPC using Burst Fire weapons. On a side note, is there a way to make the scale to your level including action points? Right now, my character is level 58 with 545 HP and all my NPC's are still under 200 HP.

-Mysterious Stramger >He's decent now because at my level he's wearing Adv. Power Armor, but he's still using Single Shot, H&K G11 which is pretty weak in my opinion. Not even worth choosing the perk if that's all he has. He needs a serious buff in the weapon department, maybe a Burst Fire/Big Gun or the like.

-Sniper > Is there a way to make it so that say I was using a Vindiccator, I lined up some enemies and hit multiple targets. Would it be possible to make it so there's an equal chance all the enemies that get hit with the burst get hit with criticals too?

That's all I can think of for now.

Cyane

Those kids at Den stealing your stuff is anoying. So, how about being able to talk to them and scare them not to stea from you?
Something like this: if you have speech over 80% you can talk to the kids and if you have Sulik in your party you (or actually sulik) could scare them so that they won't try to steal from you.
After all a huge tribal with a bone through nose is quite scary...

I know it is not something that was left out of the game but would be fun :)

ufo_hunter said:
Those kids at Den stealing your stuff is anoying. So, how about being able to talk to them and scare them not to stea from you?
Something like this: if you have speech over 80% you can talk to the kids and if you have Sulik in your party you (or actually sulik) could scare them so that they won't try to steal from you.
After all a huge tribal with a bone through nose is quite scary...

I know it is not something that was left out of the game but would be fun :)

There's a way to get rid of them for good in the RP.

Back