Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project Discussion (ideas/suggestions)

Don't worry about the transparent blood - it was just a test. It doesn't look good on bright surfaces, and since most of the game is played on bright surfaces ie: desert, I wont bother with it.

Dude101 said:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/QEWB_drive

According to the Corsican Brothers dialogue, you could steal this gizmo from them.

Hmm, do you know what the gizmo is for? The only place that I can think of (because of Winblows reference) is the Abbey's computer.. Maybe the monks have filled up their hard drives and need a new one to store more knowledge? Just a thought here. :P

Who knows... Might also be something u can trade for Vault-Tec Voice Recognition Module (high-tech thingy for high-tech thingy, sounds good :D) or for upgrade for VC computer to optimize the Gecko power plant and keep the computer working with all the new info/data from the new power source...

Any chance of the blonde female hero character making it into the next version of RP? The needed animations have been created by Rain man and the style fits nicely with the other RP content. The blonde female can be found here: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=58485

Could the EPA appearance computer also have changes made to allow for the blonde too if it were to make it into the RP?

Killap, can you include TeamX’s «New Vision» in your mod in the next version? Or do some adaptation to make it work with «Restoration Project»? Unfortunately, I haven’t enough skill to do it by myself.

I don't think so Killap will include any new locations like Area 51, as far as I know this area, TV town and some others don't have sufficient information that can be use to build it.

Other than that, I would like to know if there are plans to alter armors's resistance against laser weapons. As well as AP and FMJ ammo. Glovz made a code for AP ammo.

I don't know how it works, thing I know is that it is an optional mod in RP. Not everyone will gonna use it, especially at first gameplay. So I suggest adding simple alterations to these ammo.

As you can see here: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_2_ammunition

AP and FMJ ammo halves the damage(not all o them). We could just bump their dmg up to the same as JHP, in other words, 1/1 or 2/1. This way they do the same dmg as JHP, plus DR and AC modifiers. Of course we can try other values like 3/2 and so on.

Anyway, a guy already did somenthing like it. Here: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42328

We could do somenthing like it. Like a laser resistance value next to a value of the plasma resistance DR and DT. For example:

Plasma resistance DR60 DT10.
Laser resistance DR70 DT12

It would have a moderately lower damage than plasma weapons but as we know, better accuracy and range.

The way it is now, laser weapons are only useful against creatures and people in low end armor.

@Killap did you ever read this?

I couldn´t sleep well this night because i had this idea turning around my head.
So i switch to my computer to write down this scripts.

So here it is...

If the player had convinced Sgt. Granite and his troop to help beating up Horrigan. there could be the following dialogue to replace the awful and senseless floating text.

A window would be much better

He comes up to the player the window opens and he says: " I think we should be leaving now".

The chosen one has the option to say. "This is probably a good idea".

For further improvement he has also the possibility to say; "See you at the cafe of broken dreams".

Then all survivors together are leaving the oil rig.

Just my two cents. Laughing

EDIT

By poking through this thread (first page) i found the following:
Quote:
After the game ends Sgt. Granite and his people lead the defence of navarro against the brotherhood or they get the option to join them, after you broker a deal?

Quote:
Sgt. Granite and his crew after the destruction of the Enclave? - After reaching the mainland, they headed north to Navarro (or the remains of Navarro, depending on how your PC left it)

Quote:
No one knows what happened to Navarro after the Enclave was destroyed. It's unlikely that the BOS seized it after the events in F2 because they didn't have a strong military presence up North at the end of F2. They would have been interested in taking it, however - although they would have suffered serious casualties

Grand Cherokee said:
I don't think so Killap will include any new locations like Area 51, as far as I know this area, TV town and some others don't have sufficient information that can be use to build it.

Other than that, I would like to know if there are plans to alter armors's resistance against laser weapons. As well as AP and FMJ ammo. Glovz made a code for AP ammo.

I don't know how it works, thing I know is that it is an optional mod in RP. Not everyone will gonna use it, especially at first gameplay. So I suggest adding simple alterations to these ammo.

As you can see here: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_2_ammunition

AP and FMJ ammo halves the damage(not all o them). We could just bump their dmg up to the same as JHP, in other words, 1/1 or 2/1. This way they do the same dmg as JHP, plus DR and AC modifiers. Of course we can try other values like 3/2 and so on.

Anyway, a guy already did somenthing like it. Here: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42328

We could do somenthing like it. Like a laser resistance value next to a value of the plasma resistance DR and DT. For example:

Plasma resistance DR60 DT10.
Laser resistance DR70 DT12

It would have a moderately lower damage than plasma weapons but as we know, better accuracy and range.

The way it is now, laser weapons are only useful against creatures and people in low end armor.
The damage formula FIX I made; which is included in Timeslip sfall, fixes the behavior of all ammo without changing the ammo protos or attempting to change the balance of the game. (the Rocket AP ammo is the only one unaffected given one of it's proto values is wrong)

I stopped attempting to mod the protos when I finally realized that changes to the protos only take full affect when you replace all instances on all maps. Something I did not want to do as this would mean distributing map files which would make any mod incompatible with any updates to the RP, not to mention needing to have a second instance of maps for the unofficial patch.

What I hope to do sometime in the future; if Mash is able to add a new feature to the mapper, is start a discussion about game balance, get forum majority agreement on the changes, modify all necessary protos (ammo, armor, critters), modify all maps, and maybe have that become a new standard (meaning become permanent part of the RP).

One can dream. ;)

Hello Glovz.

Changes made to critters that are located in a map won't change, right? But at a new game they would.

Sorry I don't know if I understand what you mean.

May I ask you how you altered ammo status? Have you altered only AP ammo or all o them? Are they working the way they supposed to, vanilla game, or you balanced them the way you think it should be?

A permanet part of RP I believe it wouldn't happen. There are people that don't like changes, like to play it vanilla.

But if we try to keep it as vanilla as possible, the way they should work, the way they were intented to work, them I believe it could be a permanent part of RP.

I'd like to alter things to be next to vanilla values. I believe laser status against some armors are wrong. I consider it a bug.

Creatures don't have a high defense value against laser. But armors from metal armor to adv. power armor have a very high value. It makes laser guns, well useless.

Say Glovz, those changes you implement to ammo, can be done to armors as well?

Thanks !

@Grand Cherokee
In the past I modified item, ammo, armor, and critter pro file values using the mapper to try and balance the game. The changed pro files would affect the player but not the any item, ammo, armor, or critter that already existed on a map. Thus game balance would be thrown off.

I had asked killap previously (quite sometime ago, I may have to remind him) for the next release of the RP to not include any modified pro files I may have provided in the past. The FIX I created for the damage formula (there were many iterations but this last one is labelled as a FIX) allows the original ammo values to behave as the user would expect. JHP being good against light armor, FMJ being slightly better against moderate armor, and AP being best.

But one has to also understand that the ability to do high damage is also very dependent on the weapon being used and the level of resistance the target's armor has to the type of damage trying to be done.

You also mentioned what is currently a big problem to good game play and balance, the fact that some armors in the game make using some weapons almost useless.

This is why a re-examination of game balance is needed, and given the RP is significantly past vanilla, it seems to me that some minor adjustments to all pro file values could keep the game very near what is "felt" to be vanilla while being a significant change for the better.

This is all difficult for me to explain, because many factors need to be taken into account and understood.

EDIT:
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/vi...&start=0&sid=6e473b841f368cc06152a8e761f67240

@Glovz

Yes I understand it now. But thats a natural thing, a lot of mods out there requires a new game. Anyway I understand your point, thats nice to load a saved game and have all new features without the need to restart the whole thing again.

The FIX you created is a really great formula.

Do you intent to alter some other ammo or weapon values?

Since you resolved this situation, looks like only laser weapons need a fix, or better yet, the armors. Also power armors DT against explosive are somewhat too high, flamethrowers are somewhat innefective against the latter too. Desert Eagle is unbalanced, considering that the 44. Magnun is much better. But I don't know what can be done about this, what values would fit better.

Have you talked to Killap about game balance? I'm pretty sure we can gather some information about laser weapons stats and compares it between among all critters and show him why some armors need a balance.

If I remember well, all creatures have a damage resistance against laser and plasma weapons about the same. Like laser DR50 and plasma DR40. Or equal values.

Also, since you're making the game behave the way it should, Killap should it include it as a permanent part of RP. Wrong ammo values for me are a bug.

@Grand Cherokee
I'll be looking at everything again when Mash is able to update the mapper with a feature that will automatically update all pro files on a map(s).

Before then there's no really point because the amount of work would be immense. Also when updating pro files on a map manually there would be more chance to screw up a map or forget something.

So we all knew that the "RP" will take a bid more time to finish.
What about some more suggestions to fix some certain already existing quests?

Howdy folks. I'm currently playing the RP v2.12b. I'm trying to recruit Lenny in Gecko, but the option for him to join my party doesn't exist. My speech is 100+ and my INT is 7. My CHAR is 7, I have the Magnetic Personality perk, and when I approach Lenny, I only have 3 other followers with me.

I seem to remember having this issue a long time ago, long before the days of the RP. Anyone have any idea what's going on/how I can fix this and recruit Lenny?

When I first ran through Gecko, I forgot to recruit Lenny and then just drop him off, so all the quests in town are complete, and I'm level 17. Did I miss out on my chance to recruit him?

Back