Fallout 3 hate backlash

bhlaab said:
I'm not the type to rage against all critics that disagree with me, but this guy has huffed the hype dong a little bit too much with this "ignore the glaring flaws behind that curtain" nonsense
Disagreeing is fine....I just can't stand ignorance. If somebody who I don't think knows wtf they are talking about starts telling me why this that or something else is awesome I'll say "and you are?". I'm sure a toddler might think candy canes are 100% awesome food group but that doesn't mean much eh. Should I ask them for health advice? lol.

God, retards like this make me wanna shoot somebody. "Oh stfu you haterz, Fallout 3 is teh shit and nuthin is wrong with it!!!11!"!

Ignore the bad dialogue, bad animation, bad AI, bad voice acting, bad models, and the terrible illusion of choice to focus on the "cool shit."

Most of the time when I played this piece of shit I would think to myself, "Real, Actual, Dialogue!"

I think it's lovely that the language of HR, PR and journalism are merging so effortlessly. Oh, and advertising, too.

Pretty sure we could well see the rise of a hybrid department in the industry soon - one company that deals with all four. With some mantra like "We help you communicate" and "Maximum coverage, maximum positivity".

Tigranes said:
I think it's lovely that the language of HR, PR and journalism are merging so effortlessly. Oh, and advertising, too.

Pretty sure we could well see the rise of a hybrid department in the industry soon - one company that deals with all four. With some mantra like "We help you communicate" and "Maximum coverage, maximum positivity".

Or something like "War means Peace"..........

Doublespeak is Doublefun!

I think you are all missing the opportunity to concentrate on Fallout 3's core competencies.

namely, frequent animated decapitations, it would seem

Corvin said:
The 'for the most part has been shelved by gamers' is more than a bit off. There was a relatively intense 5 person discussion of it today at the law school... not exactly a bastion of all things gamerly.

Most 360 gamers have moved onto L4D and CoD5. Interest may peak with the DLC, but that's it.

I never see anybody playing it on my PSN list.

The problem with developing games for gamers with 15 second attention spans is that they quickly forget your game and move onto something else.

Black said:
So, this genius is basically saying "ignore all the flaws and it's good!" while throwing around random shit like "immersion" ?
Best... journalist... ever!

Basically, if you ignore all the flaws in every, single game out there. All of them would be GOtYs.

Ignore 2D graphics and ISO view in Fallout, then you have the best FPS in all times!!! Ignore the RPG side of it, it doesn't matter! It's got gunz in it, so it's a shooter!!

rcorporon said:
Corvin said:
The 'for the most part has been shelved by gamers' is more than a bit off. There was a relatively intense 5 person discussion of it today at the law school... not exactly a bastion of all things gamerly.

Most 360 gamers have moved onto L4D and CoD5. Interest may peak with the DLC, but that's it.

I never see anybody playing it on my PSN list.

The problem with developing games for gamers with 15 second attention spans is that they quickly forget your game and move onto something else.
CoD 5?

WROOONG!

It's World at War. And yes, being a primary Xbox 360 player, with a subpar computer that at least runs Fallout 1, I can say everybody has moved on to CoD and GoW 2. L4D seems to have slowed down for me.

World at War and Gears both rather bore me. Then again, I typically only like that kind of thing single player.

LOL!

Even for someone like myself who likes FO3, this piece amused me. I kept looking for the "gotcha" at the end .... but it never came. I think the writer actually believed what he was saying.

Everyone has their right to like or loathe FO3. It's their opinion ... and everyone's entitled to an opinion. The writers rant is just as pointless as the derision thrown at people who like the game.

Each to their own, I say.

The Dutch Ghost said:
Public said:
And people are actually getting paid for that stuff...

Yeah, where can I get a job were I am paid for ranting nonsense and hate towards die hard gamers.

I was thinking about the same thing! Like, hey! I don't care, I can write a review about how your game is cool and then write some shitty article where I swear at people who don't like this game :P

Easy, cheese!

They literally cannot see the forest for the trees.

Hmm, so if I see some trees it means it's a forest? But not every bunch of trees means it's a part of a forest. We also have parks, they have lots of trees, but they are called parks, not forests.

Public said:
Hmm, so if I see some trees it means it's a forest? But not every bunch of trees means it's a part of a forest. We also have parks, they have lots of trees, but they are called parks, not forests.

No, you do not seem to adequately understand the concept of this statement.
He asserts that that those who have trespassed against the majesty of Fallout 3's irrefutable flawlessness cannot "see the forest for the trees."

With all explicit and defined intent developed clearly in this excerpt, he has established a powerful and poignant substantiation of the fact that no matter how hard we try, we cannot clearly point out to the trees that the forest does in fact, exist.
I'm not sure if you've noticed, but in the past several years there has been a distinct warp in the genetic structure of the vast majority of plant life upon this planet. They simply do not possess eyes! The most we can do for them is to be their eyes, alas, as this article would prove, we cannot even accomplish such an insignificant feat.

It is truly an unfortunate and miserable instance of sorrow for blind trees everywhere.

Back