Fallout 4 mods not coming to PS4

Kilus

Not Australian
Orderite
Bethesda has just announced that mods for PS4 will not be available after they were not able to work out a deal with Sony regarding how mods will function on PS4.

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/ps4-mod-update/2016/09/09/199

After months of discussion with Sony, we regret to say that while we have long been ready to offer mod support on PlayStation 4, Sony has informed us they will not approve user mods the way they should work: where users can do anything they want for either Fallout 4 or Skyrim Special Edition.

Like you, we are disappointed by Sony’s decision given the considerable time and effort we have put into this project, and the amount of time our fans have waited for mod support to arrive. We consider this an important initiative and we hope to find other ways user mods can be available for our PlayStation audience. However, until Sony will allow us to offer proper mod support for PS4, that content for Fallout 4 and Skyrim on PlayStation 4 will not be available.

We will provide an update if and when this situation changes

Good I guess, less whiners on Nexus.. ''Please release this mod for PS4!'' etc..
P.S. It's funny that there are still game breaking bugs after all this time, like VATS freezing problem on survival mode (including consoles!), just check Steam forums or type it in search browser and you will see for yourself...

Not really surprising, Sony never seemed to keen on the idea of user made mods on their console from the start. Maybe it will change but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Not really surprising, Sony never seemed to keen on the idea of user made mods on their console from the start. Maybe it will change but I wouldn't hold your breath.
Didn't stop Epic Games from allowing modding in Unreal Tournament 3 on sony's platform back in late 00s. But Epic Games' staff has brains worth a watermelon in size and strong neural connection unlike anyone from BGS today.

Last edited:
Didn't stop Epic Games from allowing modding in Unreal Tournament 3 on sony's platform back in late 00s. But Epic Games' staff has brains worth a watermelon in size and strong neural connection unlike anyone from BGS today.
Yeah, with the problems and controversy with shit like stolen mods and busted mods Beth showed they either have no oversight or just don't give a shit.
Sony dogged a bullet in my opinion

Sony released the Net Yaroze which was a developer kit for PS1 for hobbyists. There were plans to run Linux on the PS2 and the PS3 briefly allowed the installation of Linux.

I Actually play(ed) fallout 4 on ps4. Am I bummed that I'm not gonna get mods for my ps4? Not really. The situation is too fucked up to deal with. I'm no modder but as I understand the creation engine is already restrictive as all hell. It's apparently nigh impossible to add any interesting perks. That fucking dialogue wheel would make it extremely unintuitive to have more than four options at a time. add to the fact that you can't use script extenders... What does that leave us console gamers with? Some reskins? Its really not that big of a loss tbh. The game is too trash to still playing anyways. And the skyrim remaster? I already own skyrim. It's fun and I like it. But it's rather mediocre. especially when compared to previous installments. Certainly not worth another $60 today even with console mods. Hell what I bought was the boxset with all 5 TES games (+all DLC and the construction kit) for $40 at Wal-Mart soooooo....

So there is this controversy that Farming Simulator is able to get mods but Fallout 4 can't, I thought Fallout 4 was a farming simulator. Maybe they can have mods but only for the farming aspects.

MrSluttyPlays has done one of these, now that are trying to expiate Beth even further :facepalm:
What are they, 10 year olds?

MrSluttyPlays has done one of these, now that are trying to expiate Beth even further :facepalm:
What are they, 10 year olds?
I get Sony's logic and i suggested it a while ago too. Bethesda.net is a platform for theft and distribution of protected works and content that breaks there TOS. Moderation on there even mentions that because they are not staff their hands are tied when it come to offensive content. If things were done how Sony wants PS4 players and Xbox players would have the same mods, but there wouldn't be a window of 1 week to 6 months of children having adult mods. Who does that hurt? Apparently Bethesda. One might suggest that Bethesda is actually encouraging adult material to kids by not having a vetting system.
All videos should have naughty bits blurred, but if you just search for: this Then you will see all, including the kids with adult mods. This is what Sony doesn't want
Link
Link
Link
Honestly, if you blame Sony for not wanting this, then you're kind of dumb.

So there is this controversy that Farming Simulator is able to get mods but Fallout 4 can't, I thought Fallout 4 was a farming simulator. Maybe they can have mods but only for the farming aspects.

Haha, so honestly the type of mods I'd care to use in my F4 are few and far between right now, and I'm not totally sure how these said mods would work on ps4, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
All you PS4 players, get ready to bend over. Bethesda's going to rape you of your cash once again. My only hope is that these PS4 owners know they are being fucked with. You will only be allowed an esp mod. Do you know what that means. Vanilla game with tweaked settings, no cheat mods, no new weapons, now quests. They are making you wait to by Skyrim, because they know that you will be REALLY disappointed to know how limiting an esp mod is. Go to Nexus, see how many mods get your pants wet that have only an esp.

https://community.bethesda.net/thread/86376

"
LATEST REPLYON OCT 5, 2016 6:13 PM BY JAPANIMATER
Update on PS4 Mods

gstaff
roleBadge-4-1027-1457465613933.png
Oct 5, 2016 3:13 PM
Story here

Bethesda.net

We’re excited to announce that mod support is coming to PlayStation 4 for both Skyrim Special Edition and Fallout 4. Additionally, we’ll also be supporting the new PlayStation 4 Pro with both titles.

Skyrim will have these features when it launches on October 28. The new power of the PlayStation 4 Pro has allowed us to make Skyrim render in native 4k, and it looks better than ever. Here are some screens to show you just how great it looks.

Mod support will come to Skyrim first. We and Sony have worked hard to make this possible. Mods on PlayStation 4 will allow you to modify and create your own content by using our Creation Kit available here. You will not be able to upload external assets with your PlayStation 4 mods, but you will be able to use any assets that come with the game, as most mods do. By creating a Bethesda.net account, you’ll be able to browse and try mods right from within the game.

We are excited finally to get modding to our PlayStation fans who have supported us for so long. Modding has been an important part of our games for over 10 years, and we hope to do even more in the coming year for all our players, regardless of platform.

After the work is complete on Skyrim, we’ll be updating Fallout 4 for both mods and PS4 Pro. We expect Fallout 4 to take advantage of the PS4 Pro in 4k along with enhanced lighting and graphics features.

Thanks again for all your support. We can’t wait to hear about your new adventures.

"

Back