Fallout 4: New Vegas

Discussion in 'Fallout 4 modding' started by Proletären, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Proletären

Proletären Vault Dweller

Mar 15, 2012
    New teaser trailer:

Some screenshots:

Fallout 4 - New Vegas:

How it looked in the original:

Fallout 4: New Vegas:

Original:

You can find some more screenshots here: https://www.artstation.com/dryitz

2. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Mojave Express Employee of the Month

Mar 16, 2013
    Whilst the combat would certainly be an improvement I find Fallout 4's visual style to be worse ironically than New Vegas. Combine that with it being an incomplete remake with bootleg audio assets and IMO I really don't see the point

3. Norzan

Norzan Vault Fossil

Apr 7, 2017
    It's gonna get shutdown anyway regardless, just like most mods that attempt this. And i also don't like Fallout 4's visual style, looks really bland and souless.

4. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    There is indeed something really weird about Fallout 4's visual design that makes me dislike it and actually prefer FNV's.
    At least one thing I can point at are the models, I really dislike the redesign of a lot of the weapons and other stuff in Fallout 4.
    I also thought that some of the robots looked really crap too such as the sentry bot though I think it made sense that you could shoot of the arms of the Mr Handy robots.
    I think the armors also looked crappier.

Makes you wonder what could have been if the models were based on the models and sprites from FO1 and FO2.

5. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Mojave Express Employee of the Month

Mar 16, 2013
    I've been on this particular rant before in opposition to Gizmojunk but I actually think 3 and NV near perfectly transitioned the art style of 1 and 2 into 3D (entirely and likely solely due to Adam Adamowicz, who was not present during 4). 4 dropped that for this weird Pixar meets the Jetsons style pastel crap and the human characters looked sort of stylised but not really. Gives off this really ugly cheesy effect versus the more grim and beaten aesthetic of 3 and NV.

Despite the technical fidelity being better, I find F4NV more repulsive to look at than NV itself. Which as far as high-effort multi year fan remakes go, is really really bad.

6. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    If THAT is how we're going to go through dialogues, not even 70% discount can make me buy 4 just to play this mod. Maaaaaaaybe if I can get it for free, and even then it would still makes me pause at the thought of having 4 in my library.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  7. eissa

eissa Altáriel, Lady of Radiant Garland

Jan 7, 2016
    At least you can have real time dialogue, no more freeze time session. If it's the UI/chat box i think it can be resized and restyled.

8. Malpais Dominus

Malpais Dominus First time out of the vault

Jun 1, 2020
    Those screenshots are not giving me the kind of reaction I'm assuming they're intending. Nothing really looks much impressively better than New Vegas already. With Nevada Skies and maybe a texture pack I'd say New Vegas is more appealing personally.