Fallout Tactics mod Fallout: Enclave (V3.3)

Hey, I just got this mod and am stuck on a mission. The area is called Ham Spring and I have to find an Enclave engine (that is close by some Predators for some reason) and then take out the Radar Power Unit. I have found one engine and taken out one Radar Power Unit that is located at the main BoS base with a helicopter, but there is no green exit zone. Are there more than one engines I need to find?

Also I've found lot of ammo and items that has a "description not available" to them. Any way to fix this, or did the files somehow get corrupt?
How did you make out? Did you kill those Predators or just sneak around them?

Will update the first post with a description and everything, I’m at work now so will have to be later today. Upload finished around bed time so had to cut it short.

Sooo~ hows it gooin~

do you need a patreon and a discord or something? cuz, i wouldnt mind donating if it helped with motivation! :D

Gunner Shi & RobCo: Enclave Mod (Fallout Tactics)
Language:
US / RU
Author: RobertHouse
Release:
~2013 \ 2020
Copyright: Bethesda Softworks LLC.
You - The one of the Enclave forces Commanders. Your task is to bring the Western Wasteland back under your control. Show the inhabitants of the wasteland and the Brotherhood of Steel who is the real boss here.
#The includes in Mod:
  • FT Improved engine (v2.0).
  • New story - You act as the leader of the Enclave. Your task is to return the Western Wasteland under your control.
  • New game modes: "Building bases, gathering resources, recruitment, etc."
  • A large number of new weapons, vehicles, including aviation, such as vertibird.
  • Many other ideas: climbing, airdrop, air support, turrets-transformers, and airstrike.
  • Return of the Enclave armor: Bring on the righteous anger on the wasteland in "real-time-mode!"
  • "This All - Even among similar tactical RPG games, it is unprecedented".
  • p.s. Attention:
    - Some types of armor may not be displayed.
    - Some items are missing a name and description.
    - Some of the declared modes are missing or not implemented in full.
    - Mod is recommended to run in "Real-Time-Mode".
#Additional patch (by Stepan Kuzmitsky):
  • Fixed some bugs of textures, animation and lack of portraits of some characters.
  • Added a description to items that didn't have one, and the description itself is linked to the objects.
  • In some missions and menus replaced the standard background music, the music that was in the resources, but previously not used.
  • The number and quality of enemies has been increased in a few of quests, and new items have been added.
  • A small rebalance of weapons and equipment was carried out.
  • Some missions have added additional briefings and monologues. The most significant changes are in missions 7 and 8. The other changes are not so significant.
  • Install Unofficial Patch Plus (optional).
  • Install this mod.
  • - Launch game from the mod shortcut.
  • Fix-Patch v1.01 by Stepan Kuzmitsky.
  • Standard keyboard shortcuts have been returned.
  • Added FT Improver 2.0 by Jarekfall (Enclave_Data folder).
  • Added Hi-Res Patch 1.0 by Mash.
  • HD icon for the mod.
  • [Ru] Rus. Language & Own video for translation.
  • Does not overwrite the original game (Installation to subfolder).

Last edited:
I tried to run, but got following error, Tactics 1.27, win 11. Does anybody help?

error.png

I tried to run, but got following error, Tactics 1.27, win 11. Does anybody help?

error.png
1. it's sent to a damaged archive (game files), try to repeat installation
- try activating compatibility mode and\or change the game directory
2. clear reinstall fot and mod:
- Install FoT (gog\steam\vanila cd's)
- Install Enclave mod version.

3. or... replace the source with the game

Hey, I just got this mod and am stuck on a mission. The area is called Ham Spring and I have to find an Enclave engine (that is close by some Predators for some reason) and then take out the Radar Power Unit. I have found one engine and taken out one Radar Power Unit that is located at the main BoS base with a helicopter, but there is no green exit zone. Are there more than one engines I need to find?

Also I've found lot of ammo and items that has a "description not available" to them. Any way to fix this, or did the files somehow get corrupt?

I'm having the same issues reported here, along to the missing items descriptions, I couldn't finish the Ham Spring mission after retrieving the engine and destroying the reactor, any hints?

Edit: I'm using the moddb release of this mod.

I remember this map. I think a timer is supposed to start near the reactor and you have to wait until it is completed for the mission to work? Something like that.

For the description of the items, it is probably just an oversight that will not impact the game normally. If you want to correct this yourself, you can open Entity editor, find the item in the entity folder, copy the "display name" entry (first entry of the whole list) and check in locale/game/items.txt for the same entry. If it is not there, create it (like other entries are made there) and you'll have an item with the description of your choice.

I remember this map. I think a timer is supposed to start near the reactor and you have to wait until it is completed for the mission to work? Something like that.

For the description of the items, it is probably just an oversight that will not impact the game normally. If you want to correct this yourself, you can open Entity editor, find the item in the entity folder, copy the "display name" entry (first entry of the whole list) and check in locale/game/items.txt for the same entry. If it is not there, create it (like other entries are made there) and you'll have an item with the description of your choice.

I haven't noticed any timer, but maybe I'm wrong, the mod is really interesting but such issues are very annoying, I've already tried 2 other maps before this, the first glitches and duplicates the squad members in the UI after loading, in the other one where I need to protect a PC I got attacked by waves of super mutants/cyborgs and couldn't see how I can win that fight, looked on YT and couldn't find a playthrough.

The items description is not a big deal but it would be nice if they are fixed (apart of the ammo/weapons).

I'll try more this evening and update in case if I've finished the map.

Item descriptions - almost all fixed in the fix.
On the 5th mission - played the old version of 3.3 and in 3.3.u1 - had no problems, but I destroyed all the enemies including the ambush.

God I wish I had a bit more time on my hands and less work to do on my own project. It would be fub to fix all this and I dob't think it is that complicated of a matter to make this fame flawless.

Item descriptions - almost all fixed in the fix.
On the 5th mission - played the old version of 3.3 and in 3.3.u1 - had no problems, but I destroyed all the enemies including the ambush.

How could you destroy the teleporting jedis on the bottom left? :) I tried everything including mines/c4s, each one of them got 900hp.

How could you destroy the teleporting jedis on the bottom left? :) I tried everything including mines/c4s, each one of them got 900hp.
That was a long time ago.
  • Mined the bridge and the approaches to it.
  • He was displaying heavy artillery (machine guns, rocket launchersб etc).
  • 1 fighter used as bait and ran to his own.
  • *if it's too hard, lower the difficulty level.

That was a long time ago.
  • Mined the bridge and the approaches to it.
  • He was displaying heavy artillery (machine guns, rocket launchersб etc).
  • 1 fighter used as bait and ran to his own.
  • *if it's too hard, lower the difficulty level.

Yes maybe it's the difficulty, I'm playing on hard and those foes 1 hit anything (including the apc), anyway decided to give FT a whole new run, gonna do Redux + Equ then xkcon's then Enclave :D

Yes maybe it's the difficulty, I'm playing on hard and those foes 1 hit anything (including the apc), anyway decided to give FT a whole new run, gonna do Redux + Equ then xkcon's then Enclave :D
hm... Lost in the wasteland, awaken, children of the apocalypse, Crusade?
Real weapon balance... Sinister Rains and Modern guns (but the last two are untranslated into English)

hm... Lost in the wasteland, awaken, children of the apocalypse, Crusade?
Real weapon balance... Sinister Rains and Modern guns (but the last two are untranslated into English)

Thank you for letting me know about these mods, I've finished Awaken years ago, will try the rest.
Too bad man mods from nuclear-city are not in EN or poorly translated.

If you remove all the left and extra files, the mod can weigh less than ~500mb (maybe even less).
There are new sprites and objects...
But I don't understand why to make duplicates of standard files (rename some). Also, the structure of the files is not observed (In one folder there are: cartridges, a machine gun designated as a "pot" and objects of the environment).

For example1: Why would soldiers with Leather Armor replace sprites? When it was possible to simply prescribe Environmental Armor.
For example2: In the second mission after the destruction of SAM, there is a helicopter sound, but nothing happens. It turns out that the object is referring to the wrong folder... if this is corrected, then after the destruction of SAM, a helicopter and a support group (5 enclave soldiers in black armor) appear at the drop-off point. And there is more than one such example.
For example3: Many types of new armor don't have a female appearance (a prison vault suit; EL (enclave armor), etc.).

Last edited:
This mod indeed is in need of a lot of corrections in order to work as intended from start to end. I think I have all the needed access to act as a manager for the MOD DB page and add the download file there if someone would be so kind as to create that famous 500mb mod file after correcting the most obvious bugs. I would then archive the current buggy version.

The mod uses a launcher called Mod Manager developped by RobertHouse, that might only work if the base game files are included with the download file. So the person who create the 500mb file would have to remove everything related to Mod Manager as well. This might be the reason why the folders appear to be in the wrong place.

I can tell how to solve the armor female appearance bug using FT Improver (https://www.nma-fallout.com/resources/ft-improver.1/). I am almost certain that mod doesn't use FT Improver to begin with, which means that for now, the bug can be easily corrected by checking the armours .spr files. They might only have incorrect filenames.

As FT Improver allow the use of custom armors and the Enclave power armor sprites do exist for Fallout Tactics in high quality, I would recommend using FT Improver and eventually add the correct Enclave sprite to that mod.

TIPS ON USING FT IMPROVER TO ADD ARMORS

The FT Improver file related to armours is located in core/Improver_data/ArmourTypes.txt and the sprite files are located in core/sprites/characters.

So, when designing an armor, you have two options. It can either be the same model for both male and female, in that case it has to be designed this way in ArmourTypes.txt :

Code:
{armor_type_to_select_in_entity_editor;Sound_file_name_prefix;0;sprites/characters/sprite_file.spr;0}

Or it can be a model that has a female variant :

Code:
{armor_type_to_select_in_entity_editor;Sound_file_name_prefix;1;0;0}

As you can see, there is not file name specified when having an armor that changes when a female character is wearing it. Instead, the file name is automatically designated by using the armor type and adding "Male" or "Female" prefix after it. For example, if your code is this :

Code:
{CitizenAlpha;Flesh;1;0;0}

then the game will use the character sprites "core/sprites/characters/CitizenAlphaMale.spr" or "core/sprites/characters/CitizenAlphaFemale.spr" when the armor is equipped.

Last edited:
I'm making such an attempt, but it takes a decent amount of time.
Neither this mod nor any other mods need a mod manager.
The mod uses FT Improver. And I'm aware of how appearance is added. The problem happens in the very name of some files...
the Enclave's combat armor itself is the raiders' armor.

But anyway, some advice and help in bringing the mod to mind I will need \ may come in handy.

I'm making such an attempt, but it takes a decent amount of time.
Neither this mod nor any other mods need a mod manager.
The mod uses FT Improver. And I'm aware of how appearance is added. The problem happens in the very name of some files...
the Enclave's combat armor itself is the raiders' armor.

But anyway, some advice and help in bringing the mod to mind I will need \ may come in handy.

Oh, all good news. I'll be very happy to help any time you come across a wall in your quest :) And if you need to use some assets from The Sum, please do so, I created them while having in mind to help other modders if possible. You might want to replace some items sprites, for example, as they sometimes are of very low quality when borrowed from older Fallout games. I tried to create better versions of those tiles and sprites whenever possible, so you might from time to time find exact same filenames with an upgraded graphic. I recommand you use the search tool "Everything" (https://en.wikipedia2197.org/wiki/Mod:Tools#Everything) to search for filenames and compare their different versions. I do that often when working on The Sum.

Back