Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Dec 2019

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Oct 28, 2009
    I'm afraid I'm unable to help you with that. However as I said before FIXT and Fo1 engine are a thing of the past now. Fo1 has been moved to more advanced Fo2 engine. It's still a work in progress, although If You can, You could contribute to that project. contact Lexx in 'Fallout et tu' thread in modding section. As For Your question.. well, I think Sduibek is the proper person to answer your question, however He's not around for quite some time.

2. RyanFialcowitz

RyanFialcowitz It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 30, 2005
    Unless I'm missing something the project you mentioned wouldn't do all the things Fixt does. I've been attempting to get a hold of Sduibek, hopefully he'll help me out. So far, no luck. . .

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  3. WolfieMate

WolfieMate First time out of the vault

Sep 10, 2019
    Hi, I recently downloaded fallout fixt and fallout 1 and it has been working seamlessly until now where whenever I try to start it I get the "Could not find master datafile" this really bothers me because I haven't messed with any of the files and I correctly installed it. I'm also quite far into the game and I don't want to do anything I will regret. I hope one of you can help out.

4. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant

Apr 24, 2005
    Did you really not change any folder locations? Apparently the game can't find the master.dat (anymore) which means it either got moved or removed or the path in the fallout.cfg file was changed.

In worst case you can just reinstall the game and keep your save game.

5. WolfieMate

Sep 10, 2019
    I'm serious, I didn't meddle with it at all. How would I go about reinstalling it? Does it keep my save files automatically or do I have to back them up? I also realized that I downloaded a version from 2015 instead of this most recent one so if I update it will any problems come up?

6. WolfieMate

Sep 10, 2019
    I reinstalled fallout 1 on the bethesda launcher and I can see that master.dat is there but fixt still won't launch, does there need to be another one in the fixt folder or do I need to reinstall fixt?

7. WolfieMate

Sep 10, 2019
    turns out I fixed it by copy pasting master.dat and the critter file into the fallout fixt folder although my recent save slot was corrupted but my other one is quite close so it's fine

8. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    @burn fixtlang has been updated (I replied to you on GitHub when doing so), and I'll try to update fixtsrc soon. Do you know how to get GitHub's Windows app to display individual file changes? Currently in mine it displays no differences for .SSL files when previewing before commit, it's kind of infuriating. It's treating them basically like a binary file even though I'm pretty sure they are set to process as text/code. Maybe there's a setting I've missed in the repo?

@Yulaw9460 That shouldn't be crashing, and I can't reproduce the issue from my end. Are you using 0.81alpha install, or the testing files? If you can send a savegame, that would be appreciated! :D

Possibly relevant: I did find a bug (which has now been fixed in the testing files) that caused worldmap maps to crash under specific circumstances, so you might be running into that bug. Using the testing files will confirm for you whether or not that's the case.

@Muttie This feedback about implementation of customization via door computer from you and others is very appreciated! Thank you all. I'll make sure to re-implement the original opening experience, which would prevent normal usage of door computer until one day of in-game time passed (same as vanilla game).

I do like the idea of a main menu settings screen and/or separate config file executable like f1_res uses, but unfortunately you'd have to start a new game from scratch just to see those settings take effect. Customizations are mostly done via global variables, which Fallout links to each savegame with their current value when saving. I really don't like the idea of being halfway through a playthrough and realizing you want to change/enable/disable a customization for that playthrough, but can't.

@Kevin Rudd Thanks for these bug reports! The ones which already aren't in bugs wiki, I will add to wiki myself.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    I apologize for the silence, everyone. I'm back to working on the next release. Most of 2019 has been pretty rough so I didn't have the energy to work on this regularly.

Things have gotten interesting now with @Lexx finishing the engine conversion! Very cool. I'll need to think about how that will impact Fixt going forward.

I've made note of the bugs which you all have reported here over the last few months, along with your feedback regarding features and implementation.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  10. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Oct 28, 2009
    Yeah.. Good to have You back.
    How are You going to approach Fixt now that Lexx is on the Engine conversion?

I think that the best thing to do right now, is to wrap up the latest changes to v0.90b polish it out, and put them on a official version of the mod. i.e. an installer or a zipped mod folder. And a neat and polished way to set all the optional content whether to be enabled or not.

Next thing would be to wait till Lexx finishes with what he's doing (hopefully He manages to do everything He plans before his-motivation-torch burns out), and start form there.
    I already miss Miles 4x HPA function in Fo:1in2. although More Smitty Turboplasma upgrades is kind of meh, since pary NPC levelup protos Lexx designed are not ment to use energy weapons. And good riddence gun wielding party members all finally can use burst weapons due to possible in sfall for fo2 burst mechanic, and custom tweaks to lower the bullet spread to basically nothing.

Eigther way Progress on "1in2" is a damn avalanche in terms of speed and size of most updates. It simply blows me away, as I've been keepng myself busy bug-hunting since the thing went up and running, as You've been quiet for quite a long time I've putten Fo1 engine version on the shelf for that time. However I think it's Hard to pass up all the goodies Fo2 engine has. mainly special encounter map circles and in game vehicle.

11. ZippyDSMlee

ZippyDSMlee First time out of the vault

May 13, 2008
    I have a dumb/simple question I like playing in window mode so I can pretend I am multitasking, but I need something like 4X scaling to make it decent looking on my 4K mode. I can play it and kinda see items on the ground but tis a bit to small a scaling option in window mode would be nice.

12. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    There's a SCALE_2X option in f1_res.ini. Not much but at least it should be better than 1:1 pixel on your 4K monitor.

13. burn

burn Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    Sorry, I don't use Windows or Github app, so I don't know. Definitely not a setting in the repo.
    I mirrored latest msg files to https://github.com/BGforgeNet/fallout-fixt-translation for integration with translation system. If you want, it's possible to hook it directly to your repo, but that'll take some work.

14. MisterSirXXIIIEsq.

MisterSirXXIIIEsq. First time out of the vault

Oct 5, 2019
    So I can't use heavy weapons for some reason. when I equip them they're gray instead of the yellowy-beige that every working weapon is. I don't have power armor in case that was mentioned as a requirement somewhere and I'm blind or something. Any ideas?

15. Hubal

Hubal It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 11, 2014
    Broken Limb? Arm?

16. MisterSirXXIIIEsq.

MisterSirXXIIIEsq. First time out of the vault

Oct 5, 2019
    It was but I must have had a stroke or something because I looked there 3 times and didn't notice

17. da2pacalypse

da2pacalypse First time out of the vault

Saturday
    So I thought I'd post a bug I ran into. Not sure if you were aware of it. When I tried to help Irwin in the Hub I get sent to his farm and 13 or so years pass. So the mutants invade all the towns because of it. Only work around I was able to do was with the cheat menu but teleporting to the farm and that took like a week or so. No where near as bad.

18. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Oh wow, that's no good! Please add to bugs wiki and i'll look into it :)

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1