Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Specto

Specto First time out of the vault

Apr 9, 2011
    Fallout 1 (GOG.COM) with FalloutFIXT v9995

Good work :clap: , but there are some errors...
    I'm going to try it with another version of Fallout 1 installation. Hopefully my saves will work.

Unfortunately same thing happens with Fallout US 1.0 (with FalloutFIXT v9995)...

I've also checked The Glow: I can attach the rope, but can't descend in to the crater. Funny thing is that each time I try to descend by the rope, I take "Large dose of radiation" (about 70 rads :twisted:).

Errors so far (with GOG version):
    1. Find and destroy the Deathclaw quest (HUB) never expires (I still can talk about it with Harold and then Slappy can take me to the cave which obviously is empty).
    2. Lit flares disappears when put in the hand (although I have been able to use them that way while killing rats at the entrance of Vault 13). I still can drop them where I stand and then grab them back.
    3. Ian is throwing flares at enemies... :wink:
    4. Some animals (Pig Rats, radscorpions) don't attack when shot form a long distance (say 15 hex and more).
    5. Tycho won't take a Geiger Counter ("Your offer is not good enough")
    6. Critical (stuck) - can't climb the lower ladder at Necropolis Vault. My character stops in the middle of it.

Also I find Weapon Drop Mod very disturbing - searching for guns in the guts of fallen enemies while your NPCs walk around you... :roll:

Oh, well... since I can't play anymore (no water chip, can't go to The Glow...) I'll have to switch to real life and go clubbing... It's all your fault Sduibek! :D <that's just a joke, no offense :wink: >

2. svv

svv First time out of the vault

Apr 9, 2011
    Hi, have the same problem. Cant get this fix because link was dead. Could you share this fix again or include it in the main FIXT archive? Thanks

3. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    Such a mysterious and powerful fraction (BOS) cannot to accept everyone. Put the character level check there and maybe some passed time check too! :twisted:

Hm, it would be great to see Rhombus involved in this, he's a head paladin after all. Still these NPC's (along with Maxon and Vree) have a talking heads builded, so it could be tricky to insert new dialogue lines into an existing structure.

4. svv

svv First time out of the vault

Apr 9, 2011
    Re: Fallout 1 (GOG.COM) with FalloutFIXT v9995

Hey, buddy, I've found exactly the same bugs. Last one the most upsetting.
    It'll be awesome to get fixes for these critical stucks

5. Sobboth

Sobboth It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 29, 2010
    I got the same problem than specto and svv.
    I enjoy the patch very much but the stuck thing at Necro is quite frustrating

6. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    Re: Fallout 1 (GOG.COM) with FalloutFIXT v9995

Not sure what is causing these, i'll get them fixed.

This has always been the case...

I'll have a version with these fixed, uploaded within the next couple hours.

If your are refering to the BARTER interface -- Engine bug, can't be fixed:

7. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    NEW VERSION UP

Not a whole lot changed in this one; mostly just bug fixes. If you cannot enter an area via manhole/ladder/sewer, DO NOT report it as a bug until you've installed this version of Fixt (9996)

I'll have the Changes Log updated eventually (sorry, lots less free time than I used to have)

Enjoy!

Version: Beta 0.9996 (April 11, 2011)

8. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Major bugs from above should all be resolved (i.e. not being able to enter areas), please test and let me know.

Download links are in the OP of this thread.

9. Sobboth

Sobboth It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 29, 2010
    Works for me.
    I can now climb the lower ladder at Necropolis and get out.
    Congratz about the quick support, very much appreciated :clap:

10. Dude101

Dude101 Vault Fossil
    Modder

Aug 3, 2005
  11. Felipefpl

Felipefpl Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 17, 2010
    sorry but i dont think this will be good, just look at F2RP, ppl will ALWAYS post more in the forums than in the wikia.

12. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    In the words of the old phrase, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" -- You are accurate that many Wikis in general tend to be outdated and/or incomplete, but if it bothers you so much, you should update them yourself; it's a Wiki after all. More ways to retrieve/share/provide information is good, when you know people will be looking for it or at least appreciate access to it. This especially applies in the context of search engine crawlers, for example if someone uses Google to look for the mod, and the actual page/thread for the mod itself isn't on top.

Awesome, thank you!! :clap:

13. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    I'm downloading the 'Uncut Patch (70MB) for the German version by Lexx, i'm going to see about including that stuff in my version.... I don't know if it's necessary but can't hurt to at least take a look 8-)

14. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    This is going to be very easy to include. Sweet! It will unfortunately increase the download size by 70MB though :(

I'm not so sure about making 70mb of extra data when most people won't need it... although, hard drives are cheap and internet is fast these days.

What do you guys think?

15. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Go for it, but why is the size so large...it must be critters and artwork.

16. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    It's all gore animations (and children) from Fallout 1, because they are missing in the german version.

17. Felipefpl

Jun 17, 2010
    no need to include a patch that can and will be downloaded apart only for a bunch of ppl, let everything as it is. ;)

18. Felipefpl

Jun 17, 2010
    as u wish, i just hope you dont exchange the forums 4 wikia since most of guys will be here anyway.

19. Specto

Specto First time out of the vault

Apr 9, 2011
    It works! ;)

Same here - the 0.9996 version solved the problem with Necropolis Vault ladder and with The Glow rope.
    Lit flares still disappear when put in hands and the Deathclaw quest in Hub is still active (I'll have to replay the game to check whether it's expiring correctly now) but who cares (those are minor bugs). 8-)
    Thanks for quick and successful feedback Sduibek!. :clap:

As for:
    If this patch changes only the German version and can be installed separately then I see no point in adding it to the FIXT. If it was a matter of a few KB like the No Children Fix then why not, but IMHO 100MB vs 30MB makes a huge difference.
    You can always add an information in readme and FIXT main thread that there's a possibility of installing this patch, and explain how to do it.

Oh, and... please, exclude the Weapon Drop Mod! :|
    I had to replay a battle against mutants in Necropolis because Harry fell down over his weapon (Laser Rifle). I know I could leave and return after a while but for what reason? I've never seen enemies or my NPC's pick up dropped weapons... I find it useless and often frustrating... It would be great to have a choice over installation of such mods...

20. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Re: It works! ;)

I thought it would only work on a critical target shot to the arm...maybe instead of dropping it, it should be tweaked to see what works best. :shrug: