Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Okay why are invasions disabled by default in FIXT? It says 64,000 as the date for invasions in the VAULT13.GAM file.

Okay why are invasions disabled by default in FIXT? It says 64,000 as the date for invasions in the VAULT13.GAM file.
@ChrisB This can happens sometimes if there was an error during install.

Can you provide all the details of your setup please? (Operating System, which version you have such as Steam/GOG, which version of Fixt you downloaded and what you selected in the download as far as Custom/Full/Standard/FixesOnly)

Also there's a log file for the Fixt install, it's in DATA\FIXT. Please post the contents of yours in a Spoiler tag here. Thanks! :D

I was wondering if you could give a rough break-down of stuff that'll be in the new .90 release. More obvious adds, less small fixes and upkeep. Also, are you planning to keep releasing versions up to and (well) past 1.0? And are there any bigger mods that you'd like to add, but for one reason or another haven't been able to? Lastly, I remember talk of merging the two games, or, at least, using the Fallout 2 engine for Fallout 1, is that still happening? And do you intend that for .90 or later
@PegasusOrgans Hello! Thanks for the kind words :)

You should be able to find the list in my previous posts in this thread, but basically 0.90 will include fixes for most of the crashes, more during-installation customizations, in-game customizations and playstyle options, and the ability to play after Vault 13 dies, either by invasion or dehydration or after/if player becomes a Super Mutant. :D

Not sure about the talking heads; if I did though, it'd be in the Fallout 2 engine version of Fixt.

Any big things I haven't implemented yet are due to Fallout 1 engine limitations; some things in this engine are very hard that will be very easy in Fallout 2 engine.

After 0.90 is released, all future releases will be in the Fallout 2 engine.

Moving data to a new computer. I assume I just move the fallout fixt folder from my steam folder for Fallout1 to the same folder once I download the game again on the new computer.

Is that correct? If not, let me know. dont want to lose save data
@Dholland662 That should work, yeah. Let me know if it doesn't. None of Fixt's settings are in the registry (just game files) so I don't foresee any major problems with doing this.

oh yeah as a side note: the ability to trade with brotherhood when you come in with a caravan should also be an option.
the basic principle is they trade weaponry, ammo and meds for food and water. Finally a way to get rid of those pesky mutated fruits, iguanas, those water flasks from v13 or nuka colas for a reasonable exchange rate.
@gustarballs1983 Thanks for the info on ammunition and damage! Changes to this will wait until the engine conversion is complete, because changing these is far easier in Fallout 2 engine.

Could you do me a favor and just copy-paste your post into Ideas/Suggestions on the Bugs Wiki?

Thanks everyone for your patience while I work on the next release!

Last edited:
It's a good thing to spend some time for polishing ! :nod:

A question : can you add an ingame option for IA/human controls for companions ?

Thanks for the info on ammunition and damage! Changes to this will wait until the engine conversion is complete, because changing these is far easier in Fallout 2 engine.

Could you do me a favor and just copy-paste your post into Ideas/Suggestions on the Bugs Wiki?

Thanks everyone for your patience while I work on the next release!

No problemo, it's there. also added other stuff from the top of my head ideas mostly but i remembered a bug in the Hub heights and added it too

It's a good thing to spend some time for polishing ! :nod:

A question : can you add an ingame option for IA/human controls for companions ?
Party Member AI is all built-in in Fallout 2 and Fixt already has the NPC Mod so I don't see a need to focus on this. Unless I misunderstood what you meant?

I meant, adding an ingame option to switch between manual management & IA management for allies (instead of editing ddrwaw.ini).

Last edited:
Thank you for the mods/fixes. I have GOG version for Mac, will I be able to use Fixit (for Fallout 1) without any issues?

So do you have to have a physical copy of the game? Because every time I start fallout fixt it just says "could not find master data file make sure you have game cd in" or something like that.

Certainly not, just open fallout.cfg file with some text editor and enter correct path for your master.dat file.

Yeah I figured it out. Though it is kinda laggy. Mostly with the interface. Is that natural or does it come with things that help it because it used the screen refresh thing.

@The Lone Poopyface it seemes you've tampered wwith some wrong fallout.cfg file.. because it seemes to me you've used the default one, as Sduibek custom- made his own with art_cache_size increased to 64MB instead of default 5MB (it does huge difference in terms of game efficiency when set to higher resolitions like 1920x1080 or above) so eigther You'll find it yourself and set it accordingly or find the proper Sduibek's custom- made fallout.cfg and use this one instead

Decided to replay Fallout yesterday, checked to see if there were any new unofficial patches, and found this. Thanks for all the hard work, glad to see my favorite series is still getting the attention it deserves.

So the US Independance day 2016.. just a day before the FIXT 0.81a patch 1 year anniversary.
Since I've managed to actually reach level 99 on my cheated playthrough (yes i barely made it but i still have plenty of various ammo left), i've decided to share a couple of screenshots of the carnage.

scr00003.jpg
scr00003.jpg

scr00004.jpg

scr00005.jpg

kyna30ma
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
On a dreary night, I decided to give another run at the original Fallout and looked for what updates occurred while I was away from my beloved title... pleasantly delighted by the work of this mod. Kudos.

Definetly NOT!
As alwways He's probably busy with His real-life stuff.
I know He did promise to work on fixt in June but it isn't the first time he was unable to fulfill his oaths/vows. anyways I just really hope it's a work related thing and not some bad thing. Although I agree that He could visit the forum more often.. as people tend to get worried quickly without any fresh news.

Fallout modding is VERY time consuming, and life happens. If you aren't part of the process patience is necessary. Look at those Fallout 2 conversions, like a decade worth of work.

I wish someone would restore the Burrows but it'd take forever knowing it'd require a new creature, dialouge, and items.

Back