Fallout Nevada | Analysis and Review

Here's my little suggestion - add any hint on where to find the game and/or how to install it. You are exposing somebody's work to a wider audience and, at the same time, you are not.

Here's my little suggestion - add any hint on where to find the game and/or how to install it. You are exposing somebody's work to a wider audience and, at the same time, you are not.
there are links in the description to both the NMA page for the mod and the direct download page. Don't have a link to the mod author's page because it's in russian and my video is for an english speaking audience. Cheers!

The poor translation in the second half of Fallout Nevada is due to the lack of editing. Anyone with the right skills can go back and upgrade the dialogues, it will just take time, the only software required is 'notepad'.

Fallout Nevada\master.dat\text\english\dialog

The same with narration.
Also worth noting that neither translation, nor narration is not affiliated with dev team in any way.

I intended to share with you a possible solution to have the TC mod run more properly and smoothly on the video comment section, but since it turns out you have already have a thread in this forum I'll share it here instead.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...ut-game-by-czechs.109858/page-11#post-4650361
I agree with what @epeli said, except instead of setting the game to 2x scaler, set it to 960x540. That will keep the font from looking fucked up because its a perfect 1:4 pixel mapping onto 1920x1080. You won't split the rendering of the low resolution font and graphics onto anisotropic subpixels, which is what makes low resolution games scaled to high look both blurry and sharp at the same time.

To be clear, in draw.ini set graphics mode to 4 or 5 (5 and playing with borderless gaming is superior for multi monitor users IMO, mouse is still trapped in window until you alt-tab), the resolution to your desktop's native 1920x1080, and GPUBlt=1. That's it for ddraw.

In f2_res.ini, set graphics_mode=0 which passes along game window resolution control to ddraw. Put scale_2x=0, and set the screen resolution to 960 and 540 (600 for :obviously: 16:10 owners). For fullscreen colors, set it to 8, and all the other graphics options are the same. Windowed does not need to be set to 1 in the subsequent options if you're using dx9 windowed mode, ddraw will handle that.

edit: for reference, this is how those settings make the game look:

OBASfmy.jpg

Qk8GdFO.jpg

edit2: This works exactly the same way for Fallout 2, FYI. For Fallout 1, you have to use a much older version of sfall, Crafty's 1.7.6 and I don't believe rendering in a window works - you have to run it fullscreen 960x540/600. That means adding the resolution to your display driver. This is easy on nvidia, harder on amd, either way: google it.
This setup is basically what I've done for Fallout 2 and all its TC mods, including 1.5 and Nevada, and I've been able to have them all run smoother than a baby's cheeks on my old ass laptop. If for some reason it didn't help you, I'd suggest DM-ing that guy (agris). Or perhaps someone here would kindly show him how to setup the game to run properly based on his gaming setup?

Back