Fallout Nevada bugs and errors report

The dialogue for Larry Geller (in Dead Hotel part of Vegas) isn't translated, still all in Russian. Also he's a ghoul but the talking head for him seems to be made for a normal guy with power armor.

The Russian dialogue is a known problem. His text file is translated, but it doesn't appear for some reason we can't figure out.

The talking head is new to me. That's probably due to the CE, since I don't remember him having a talking head at all.

The game keeps crashing to desktop whenever the PC dies. I've only seen the actual Fallout death screen once at the beginning of the game.

NevadaHD 2018-11-17 00-12-08-37.jpg

Attachments

• nevada.jpg
    nevada.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 734
Last edited:
Not sure if this is still active, but I've run up against a game-breaking bug.

Right at the start. Every time I boot up the game, I find myself stuck off the map.
Can move around off the map to my heart's content, but can't get into the actual game.

Tried:
  • Clean reinstall (uninstall Fallout 2, delete all files).
  • Playing old-school.
  • Different characters.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    640.1 KB · Views: 321
There's a Moo, Moo, Moo, floating text, in your screen. My guess is You've probably messed up your Nevada installation.

You see, the installation file asks to provide it with fallout folder, but it should install in a subfolder inside the "Fallout 2" folder. This is most porbably due to installig both games in C:\Program Files\ or C:\Program Files(x86)\
those directories are default installation folder for most programs, however, they're a no-no for classic Fallout games.

You see 'Fallout' and 'Falout 2' were originally released waaay back when windows did not secure C:\Program Files folder from program and user acces. However since at least windows Vista "Program Files" and "Program Files(x86)" are guarded by windows, and prevent certain 'stunts' some of the Fallout mods do, such as High Resolution Patch (known as HRP or f2-res.dll) or Sfall (placed in ddraw.dll). so in order for Sfall and HRP to work correctly you must reinstall the game to a different folder such as C:\Games or D:\<whatever> just *not* into "Program Files" or "Program Files(x86)"

There's a Moo, Moo, Moo, floating text, in your screen. My guess is You've probably messed up your Nevada installation.

You see, the installation file asks to provide it with fallout folder, but it should install in a subfolder inside the "Fallout 2" folder. This is most porbably due to installig both games in C:\Program Files\ or C:\Program Files(x86)\
those directories are default installation folder for most programs, however, they're a no-no for classic Fallout games.

You see 'Fallout' and 'Falout 2' were originally released waaay back when windows did not secure C:\Program Files folder from program and user acces. However since at least windows Vista "Program Files" and "Program Files(x86)" are guarded by windows, and prevent certain 'stunts' some of the Fallout mods do, such as High Resolution Patch (known as HRP or f2-res.dll) or Sfall (placed in ddraw.dll). so in order for Sfall and HRP to work correctly you must reinstall the game to a different folder such as C:\Games or D:\<whatever> just *not* into "Program Files" or "Program Files(x86)"

Installing the mod in its own folder and separate from the Fallout 2 Steam Folder fixed the issue.
Thank yee

Theres this problem where at the start of the game, the vault security guard and doctor dont appeared but the scaredy cat- guy, b/c of this the game wont continue unless i unite the ENTIRE squad before i leave the vault

This is a bit of a longshot seeing as how this is a dead thread, but I have the quest from Big Louie to kill Balder (Maxson), I talked to him, left reno, and when I came back he was nowhere to be found. NPCs refer to him like he's in his normal spot, but he's nowhere to be found. I searched all of reno, and then all of Las Vegas but I can't find him. I already used speech to convince him I was helping him.

I can't find essie gate, she is not here, IDK where tf she is, and I need that so called metal detector so bad

upload_2024-7-1_15-39-47-png.28850

already explained, You've had to turn in the Wright's quest before talking to her at all or turned in the wrong way, and she had to flee or else wright would kill her because of your selfish actions :p

Back