Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Nevada (extended)

Dionis

Nuclear Russia
Modder
Fallout: Nevada
A Fallout 2 total conversion mod

Developed by: Nevada Band & BlackDesigner
Copyright: Bethesda Softworks LLC.

Description:

Fallout: Nevada is a fan-made prequel to the original Fallout. It's a total conversion, made using content and engine of the original game with the inclusion of scripts, story, dialogues, characters, locations and mechanics created from scratch specifically for it. Gameplay is heavily focused on quests, setting and lore of the Fallout universe, as opposed to "dumb fights". The in-game locations are made with high degree of authenticity.
The story revolves around the life of Vault City citizens before the events of Fallout 1 & 2. The main character's task is to find a stolen device, which is critical to the lives of dwellers of the Vault 8. But this quest is child's play, compared to the unexpected turn of events that will take you on this potentially dark journey. Life in the wasteland is just beginning to appear. Settlements are scarce, roads are almost non-existent. The world is engulfed in anarchy, even more than before. It will be tough for your body and mind to survive.

The game features:
  • Brand new story
  • More than 100 quests
  • New world map - 12 major cities and tons of random encounters, including 12 special ones
  • 2,7 Mb of game text (compared to 1,7 Mb in Fallout and 3,5 in Fallout 2)
  • Original soundtrack from Nobody's Nail Machine

Attention:
The latest complete english translation is included only into Fallout: Nevada - Fixed mod.
Download the latest version here.

--Installation guide--
  • You'll need original Fallout 2 to play. Install it beforehand.
  • Run Fallout: Nevada (Fixed mod) installer. Follow the instructions.
Default installation goes into a subfolder and doesn't overwrite the original.

Ask all questions in the related topic.
All other versions listed below are outdated/not supported.

---List of known released versions:---

Community releases:
  • (LATEST) Fallout: Nevada - Complete mod. It's a "Fallout: Nevada - Fixed edition" with english translation (with narration) and sfall, configurator, IFP, HRP and many bug-fixes.
  • Fallout: Nevada - Fixed edition. Basically, version 1.02 with restored content and loads of bug-fixes.
  • Fallout: Nevada - Crazy edition. Heavily modded 1.02 version. Has additional content, including small locations, the companion-dog and some easter eggs. The combat is rebalanced. It is outdated and not supported.
Developer releases:
  • v. 1.02 - the officially final version by developer. Released in march, 2015. Without sfall, HRP and other bugfixes.
  • v. 0.99b - second released version and original first version of the plot. The plot slightly differs (it's about search for the "SoS" system). Content also differs by ~ 30-35% (plot, some dialogs, some quests, differences in locations and endgame bosses).
  • v. 0.99c - test-version for limited number of users. Released in august, 2014.
  • v. 0.99a - first major version, released in april, 2011.
  • Demo-version - released in 2009.

Installation method:
I - SubFolder
1. Install Fallout 2, example C:\Games\Fallout 2
2. Install Nevada to C:\Games\Fallout 2\Nevada
3. Start Nevada from desktop icon.
or
II - main folder:
1. Install Fallout 2, example C:\Games\Fallout 2
2. Install Nevada to C:\Games\Fallout 2
3. Chech "Root directory mode"
4. Start Nevada from desktop icon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would translate the game text files first, they're the most critical. Data \text \english \game...dialogue can come later.

Game files = 29.

Dialogue files = 848.

Are there any good Russian Cyrillic readers out there?

https://github.com/fallout-nevada/main Go there and download the files, most of the game's files seems to be translated, contact the person that is working there, this guy seems to be working alone for a very long time, i emailed him yesterday but im still waiting for his aprroval to work with him on this, it is our best chance to finish this i believe, if you and me strart to work with him there will be three of us already, and also it seems like the most work that needs to be done is dialogue, and no i don't know any good programms i'm translating on notepad myself

14 dialogue trees have been translated plus there is a 208 translated dialogue files that i know of, i will report at the end of each day for how much progress have been made, please if there is anyone with expirience that can make the texts more readable for english speaking audience, contact me, i need your help asap

15 more dialog files have been translated, 237 in total, 611 dialog files to go, today i just realised how difficult it will be translating all this scientific terms and techical stuff, my work is far from perfect with all the typos and mistakes, but if i sit too long at one text trying to get everything fixed you'll never see the finished product. Also it seems like i'm going to be working alone for now, the guy i contacted refused my help, if there any russian speaking members here that want to help, plese just say a word and i will find something for you to do as long as you have played classic fallout games in original language.

I will report at the end of each day about my progress
PLEASE IF THERE'S ANYONE WITH A GOOD ENGLISH WRITING SKILLS AND EXPIRIENCE THAT CAN TURN MY BAD ENGLISH INTO GOOD ENGLISH CONTACT ME, I NEED YOUR HELP ASAP

Last edited:
Ok guys 24 dialog files have been translated today 261 in total, 587 dialog files left to go, today i found out that some of the files from previous translators is not complete or corrupted (not much to worry about i will fix them as i work little at a time ) despite highter number of files i think i made less progress today, some of those files contained very little texts, but still i have some huge ones done, 3 or 4 i dont remember, im still working alone and i dindnt get any offers for help for this painfuly huge progect.

IF THERE IS ANY RUSSIAN SPEKING MEMBERS THAT WANT TO HELP, PLEASE JUST SAY A WORD AND I WILL FIND SOMETHING FOR YOU TO DO, AS LONG AS YOU PLAYED CLASSIC FALLOUT GAMES IN THE ORIGINAL LAUNGUAGE.

I will report at the end of each day about my progress
PLEASE IF THERE'S ANYONE WITH A GOOD ENGLISH WRITING SKILLS AND EXPIRIENCE THAT CAN TURN MY BAD ENGLISH INTO GOOD ENGLISH CONTACT ME, I NEED YOUR HELP ASAP

Please some help here, today a guy offered some help on the translation which is very good news i will post his name on todays report if make any progress, but unfortunatly i dont have any good ideas on how to keep all our work in one place where we both can sent udated files or send new translated ones (i know i should thought of this earlier), i tried github but my WinXP is brocken or something and it cant do simple tasks, please give some advise i cant focus on my translation if i dont find a way for other people to join this project, maybe there is some good cloud storage or any other cool sites that allows such things to be done easely, please any ideas would be huge help

Ok people some awesome news and then some not so awesome, today TheChosen1 joined the project and helped a lot already with the setup of shared files system, some translation and a little my crappy english correction, now that threre's two of us the the project will go faster, and it will be more professionaly written, also there might be a complete Vault City translation for you to mess around with and play, we expect to have it ready by tomorow
Now some less exiting news, very little progress have been made today just because we tried all this different options and worked to set up our working space for us and everyone who is willing to join in the future!
We have translated only 5 dialog files today, 265 total 583 to go, we barely did any work today but tomorow we will start strong again.

IF THERE IS ANY RUSSIAN SPEAKING MEMBERS THAT WANT TO HELP, PLEASE JUST SAY A WORD AND WE WILL FIND SOMETHING FOR YOU TO DO, AS LONG AS YOU PLAYED CLASSIC FALLOUT GAMES IN THE ORIGINAL LAUNGUAGE.

I will report at the end of each day about our progress
PLEASE IF THERE'S ANYONE WITH A GOOD ENGLISH WRITING SKILLS AND EXPIRIENCE THAT CAN TURN MY BAD ENGLISH INTO GOOD ENGLISH CONTACT ME, THE PROJECT ALWAYS NEEDS PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Currently working on the translation: Dionis and TheChosen1

Last edited:
Look, all caps isn't gonna help you. There's github, just show the progress there.

Look, all caps isn't gonna help you. There's github, just show the progress there.
The online shared database isnt for "showing progress" its for easier project development, it solves a lot of problems if you know what youre doing, anyway we already found what we needed, this database is for translators only, we're currently try to finish vault city complete trans and i hope that everyone will be able to play it in about 6 hours(but complications may turn up) nothing is for sure
Thank you for your reply

Progress update today a lot of work have been done, 11 more dialog files transalted 276 total, 572 to go, also a lot of other stuff have been done like item and object description, i run into 2 nasty bugs and spend 3 hours fixing it (it seems our online database corrupt the files) right now im still working to bring you the translated trial version, those bugs have pushed my schedule little back, but in 3- 4 hours i may upload a file with a little spoiler quest guide for the city ( i really wanted to do this earlier but as i said unexpected things might happen)

IF THERE IS ANY RUSSIAN SPEAKING MEMBERS THAT WANT TO HELP, PLEASE JUST SAY A WORD AND WE WILL FIND SOMETHING FOR YOU TO DO, AS LONG AS YOU PLAYED CLASSIC FALLOUT GAMES IN THE ORIGINAL LAUNGUAGE.

I will report at the end of each day about our progress
PLEASE IF THERE'S ANYONE WITH A GOOD ENGLISH WRITING SKILLS AND EXPIRIENCE THAT CAN TURN MY BAD ENGLISH INTO GOOD ENGLISH CONTACT ME, THE PROJECT ALWAYS NEEDS PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Currently working on the translation: Dionis and TheChosen1

I did only Vault City translation with another translator that helped me a bit, the game and most of item descriptions where already translated by a group of people that worked on it in the past but abandoned the project, i heard they had 80% percent translation completed but lost all the files, the only part of it left is this, im working very slow today just because i was exausted yesterday fixing bugs in the texts, im looking for a debug tool for this so i can see what files are executed when i talk to someone or use an item, i must find something that shows me what files to edit so i dont have to browse the whole file system, so today progress might be very small if any at all, tomorow is a different story of course. there is a town im working on that should take less time to finish and give it to everyone to play, i hope in one week you will have another town to mess around with, also this town has a quest related to VC

OK despite what I said and the small dialog files amount translated I did a lot of work today, filled the missing texts in some of the previously translated files that I mentioned previously, there are still a few left but not many.
Today 6 dialog files have been translated, 282 total 556 to go, there is a small town named Gerlach coming up, it has a nice quest that relates to Vault City (You may have noticed this quest when you talked to sergeant Stark in VC) it's a lot less exciting but nonetheless it makes translation easier going from town to town.

Great work sir, it is really appreciated!
Thanks, your support is much more important (why the hell would I translate if no one would care about it right?!) right now I'm translating the biggest dialog tree I've seen so far, so The community of Gerlach will be speaking English only tomorrow. It is impossible to get it all done today, sadly!

Back