Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Nevada (extended)

Will the new update be compatible with other versions of fallout of nevada?

We'll probably just provide the text files themselves, which you can drop into the appropriate FoN folders. If the other versions add new NPCs or change any of the current NPCs' conversation scripts, then there may be incompatibility there, but most things should be fine.

We'll probably just provide the text files themselves, which you can drop into the appropriate FoN folders. If the other versions add new NPCs or change any of the current NPCs' conversation scripts, then there may be incompatibility there, but most things should be fine.
Not to sound bitchy, but when will the update release?

Not to sound bitchy, but with all the talented people roaming this community, there can't be any help offered to create a simple installer for the whole mod+translations package? :D

Not to sound bitchy, but with all the talented people roaming this community, there can't be any help offered to create a simple installer for the whole mod+translations package? :D
I figured out how to do it on my own. It's just a matter of looking for the right folders to put the files in

im havin problems to get things to work, i have downloaded the translation files and nevada + patch (1.02.14)... when i install the game as it is it works great but i cant find the files to put the translations into.. if i then install the patch it makes the Master.dat to a folder instead of a propper .dat file and i can now find where to put the translation files in.. i cant play the game now becouse the game is trying to locate the Master.dat file but it is now a folder it cant seem to read?!

that is the best way i can explain the situation.. anyone else havin this problem?:wall:

im havin problems to get things to work, i have downloaded the translation files and nevada + patch (1.02.14)... when i install the game as it is it works great but i cant find the files to put the translations into.. if i then install the patch it makes the Master.dat to a folder instead of a propper .dat file and i can now find where to put the translation files in.. i cant play the game now becouse the game is trying to locate the Master.dat file but it is now a folder it cant seem to read?!

that is the best way i can explain the situation.. anyone else havin this problem?:wall:

You have wrong version of the game because there is no need to install patch as far as I recall.
Contact Sagez for correct version.

As far as I remember , the translation works only with FoN version 1.02. Other versions have changed/different dialogue files and different filesystem structure. Applying the translation to other versions of the game at your own risk , you might get some dialogues working but expect many errors/crashes/untranslated text.

I don't have an exact date yet. I'm going to gather up all the edited files from everyone so far and zip them up together. It'll probably take a few days for everyone to get back to me.

Take your time Snikers. You guys should be paid for your work.

Take your time Snikers. You guys should be paid for your work.
Yes, here's the money for your effort. :)
pile-of-beer-bottle-caps-8-to-12-proportion-wingsdomain-art-and-photography.jpg

One question: Did the bug with the yellow crosshair (using skills) disappearing, got fixed? I stopped playing because of that and would like to start again when the new update gets posted.

One question: Did the bug with the yellow crosshair (using skills) disappearing, got fixed? I stopped playing because of that and would like to start again when the new update gets posted.

Had the same problem.
Check ddraw.ini:
;Change the skilldex cursor frm numbers
;Default is 293 for all skills
Lockpick=293
Steal=293
Traps=293
FirstAid=293
Doctor=293
Science=293
Repair=293

Anything other than 293 caused crosshair to dissapear.

Hello everyone. I am a new user here. I have had my eyes on this mod for a while now, and was just wondering if there is a go to place to get all of the news about this mod and it's translation. I understand that the translation is still being worked on, but it I am getting the feeling that all things related to the translation and this mod are restricted to this forum. Was wondering why there is not an easier place of putting all of this like the Fallout 1 and 2 patches, as well as 1.5. Forgive me if I missed anything. Still trying to navigate this website properly.

Hello everyone. I am a new user here. I have had my eyes on this mod for a while now, and was just wondering if there is a go to place to get all of the news about this mod and it's translation. I understand that the translation is still being worked on, but it I am getting the feeling that all things related to the translation and this mod are restricted to this forum. Was wondering why there is not an easier place of putting all of this like the Fallout 1 and 2 patches, as well as 1.5. Forgive me if I missed anything. Still trying to navigate this website properly.
welcome-stone-28252832.jpg

Hello everyone. I am a new user here. I have had my eyes on this mod for a while now, and was just wondering if there is a go to place to get all of the news about this mod and it's translation. I understand that the translation is still being worked on, but it I am getting the feeling that all things related to the translation and this mod are restricted to this forum.

That's pretty much it. We don't have a more formal place set up.

I don't have an exact date yet. I'm going to gather up all the edited files from everyone so far and zip them up together. It'll probably take a few days for everyone to get back to me.

Can't wait! Keep up the good work Snikers!

Back