Fallout: New Vegas interviews

I think New Vegas will the best Fallout game we could hope for.

Just sit back and enjoy the anticipation of getting the next Fallout game by the guys who were supposed to make the next Fallout game.

Brother None said:
I think more companies would be smart to follow Bethesda's example of being careful with licenses even cross-media. Have you ever read the official novelization of Planescape: Torment? Bleh.

So that's why I've barely heard anything about it. :wink:

It is so trite that every Fallout game will have the BoS. Trite and, considering the original faction, complete nonsense.

I think the original faction had such a brilliant concept it could inspire material for non protagonistic appearances in many games. The slippery slope started with Tactics where they were reduced to generic sci fi hi tec marines. And now we have this Fallout 3 BoS who is a pretty cool guy coz eh shoots mutants and doesnt afraid of anything.

I wouldn't mind them coming back if they were presented more along the lines of what they were in Fallout 1 / 2.

Well, the BOS was barely in Fallout 2, and I honestly missed them. Still, I see your point. They have been overdone like a popular comic book character.

I think more companies would be smart to follow Bethesda's example of being careful with licenses even cross-media. Have you ever read the official novelization of Planescape: Torment? Bleh.

Well, with Torment, it was beyond Black Isle's control, since WotC had the rights to that.

And during Herve's days, there was no creative control over the franchises even within the company, as evidenced by FOBOS (and by most people at Black Isle not even knowing about the existence of Fallout Extreme).

Ausir said:
Well, with Torment, it was beyond Black Isle's control, since WotC had the rights to that.

To Planescape by definition, yes, not to Torment by definition, that had to be defined in their original contract for that to be possible.

Ausir said:
And during Herve's days,

This isn't during Herve's day.

Also Herve is the bad example here. Bethesda the good one, if they could be slightly less paranoid.

Whats the problem with the BOS. It was allready mentioned that they will use the BOS and here it made way more sense than in Fallout 3. Every time the NCR is in a game the question is there, what happend with the bos which was on their area.

Also Herve is the bad example here. Bethesda the good one, if they could be slightly less paranoid.

Yeah, they are way too paranoid in that regard.

Did I tell you how Green Ronin (an established RPG publisher, co-authors of e.g. Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2ed, not one man in a basement like Glutton Creeper) was interested in publishing a Fallout PnP RPG with me as one of the co-authors, but Bethesda said no because that would require too much oversight on their part? BTW, Green Ronin has recently published a Dragon Age PnP RPG.

Understanding precisely what made Fallout 3 a perfect sequel is the KEY to making NV successful. This can not be emphasized enough. Feargus really hit the nail on the head in this interview, and I hope he looks to Bethesda for answers.

Todd Howard's #1 Fan said:
Understanding precisely what made Fallout 3 a perfect sequel is the KEY to making NV successful. This can not be emphasized enough. Feargus really hit the nail on the head in this interview, and I hope he looks to Bethesda for answers.

I couldn't have said it better! :drunk:

[spoiler:6e73182354]
trollface_hd.jpg
[/spoiler:6e73182354]

God damnit knowing your knowledge of Fallout cannon it would be probably the best thing Fallout, in a quite some time.

Back