Fallout: New Vegas released in North America

Brother None

This ghoul has seen it all
Orderite
Hurry over to the GameStop or Best Buy midnight launches because New Vegas is out now, and unlocking digitally for North/Central/South America in three hours. You might run into trouble launching this game on PC as Steam games are wont to have a bit of launch-date confusion.

We shall soon be flooded with tidbits, screenshots and stuff, but just for giggles here's a few screenshots from the Czech release beta, via Czech Eurogamer (thanks smejki).

<center> </center>
Reviews should start appearing within moments of this post. I'll have em up for you.

Unfortunately, I just got back from the midnight launch with my in-box PC copy...which refuses to install because Steam works on Pacific time and it's not out yet there. (*&*%^&%$&^%&^!

Not a fun way to begin my night.

Hadanelith said:
Unfortunately, I just got back from the midnight launch with my in-box PC copy...which refuses to install because Steam works on Pacific time and it's not out yet there. (*&*%^&%$&^%&^!

Yeah, I figured that'd happen. Disadvantage of using Steam.

Just chill, relax, play some Fallout 1/2 and launch it in a few hours.

Lexx said:
For a short moment, I thought I saw Moira Brown.

It's even uglier than Moira!

Hadanelith said:

Not a fun way to begin my night.

yep. i've got GAMESTOP on the phone right now.

well, gee dude. since i've never really dealt with steam i wouldn't know, would i? and since the last interaction with the game i had was Gamestop it seemed like a reasonable first choice.

While all you guys are playing your fancy newfangled fallout3:New Vegas I'll be waiting for my new pc to come in with my copy of fallout newfangled vegas

TwinkieGorilla said:
well, gee dude. since i've never really dealt with steam i wouldn't know, would i? and since the last interaction with the game i had was Gamestop it seemed like a reasonable first choice.

Sorry dude, didn't mean to aggravate you, I know these unnecessary delays are annoying, but I'm just saying, don't get too mad with GameStop, it's really not their fault.

Brother None said:
Sorry dude, didn't mean to aggravate you, I know these unnecessary delays are annoying, but I'm just saying, don't get too mad with GameStop, it's really not their fault.

no, i wasn't. i was laughing and friendly and he was flabbergasted. i was simply asking why, and if he had a number i could call. i checked in here while on the phone to see if there was any reasonable explanation.

I wish I could offer you one but honestly, there isn't. PC gets snubbed once again as Steam is not synced up for midnight release.

Flood Steam with complaints and they might wake someone up to unlock it but I doubt it.

Brother None said:
Flood Steam with complaints and they might wake someone up to unlock it but I doubt it.

oh believe me. i've had more than a few drinks before coming home and they've received more than a few choice words from me. :wink:

So, can anyone who can play it already tell me, if it's possible to switch the language in Steam to whatever they want to?

Wonder if it's possible to play the game in german, as I've heard that the german "low violence version" can only be played in german. (At least steam says so)

TwinkieGorilla said:
Brother None said:

oh believe me. i've had more than a few drinks before coming home and they've received more than a few choice words from me. :wink:

While you're there, see if they'll move up the Australian/European release to coincide with the NA launch instead of making us wait three more days.

Edit: Japan would probably appreciate a few kind words as well.

frosty_theaussie said:
While you're there, see if they'll move up the Australian/European release to coincide with the NA launch instead of making us wait three more days.

Haha you are funny.

Of course, nothing will change. Release date is set and will stay how it is.

Back