Fallout: New Vegas TV ad

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by WorstUsernameEver, Sep 24, 2010.

1. WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver But best title ever!

May 28, 2010
    Gamespot is hosting the (to my knowledge) first TV ad for New Vegas. It has some new gameplay footage, including what appears to be a battle with the Caesar's Legion at Hoover Dam.

Spotted on the Obsidian Entertainment boards

2. Nark

Nark Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 6, 2008
    Pretty cool, I guess. :)

3. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    It's funny that in the Hoover Dam scene is written "footage from pc version" but nowhere else, as if it's something special. Maybe it looks different (worse) on console?

Also, Hoover Dam top looks pretty empty and as if there never has been anything else. So I'll guess the Van Buren NCR town there has never been in New Vegas.

I've made some stills once again, but the quality is pretty bad:

4. UnidentifiedFlyingTard

UnidentifiedFlyingTard Vault Fossil

Mar 12, 2009
    Its pretty sad when the High Quality version still looks like shit.

good ad though.

5. Faceless Stranger

Faceless Stranger Board Drifter

Aug 19, 2010
    Not bad, not bad... gotta say though, for all it's faults, FO3 had a kickass trailer. There's no real oomph to these trasilers. They're just a nice little pre-rendered cut, and then alot of combat. And you can't forget the assplosions at the end for kicks.

6. Big Danny K

Big Danny K First time out of the vault

Sep 22, 2010
    What's the name of the song?

Again with the TV-screen-camera-goes-back?

7. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    "Orange Colored Sky". The best known is Nat King Cole's version. Here

8. bhlaab

bhlaab Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Oct 30, 2008
    Damn that's a pretty good commercial

9. ZeusComplex

ZeusComplex Still Mildly Glowing

Feb 12, 2010
    The Trailer does what it's supposed to. Though that music is definitely going to get stuck in my head.

10. sampson70

sampson70 Still Mildly Glowing

Dec 1, 2009
    I agree with you about FO3'S trailer..also the clothes look some much better this time in NV. :clap:

11. sea

sea Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 5, 2009
    While I don't think the New Vegas commercial here is anything special, I think that the people in charge of marketing the game have done a fairly good job of informing general audiences (not the hardcore fans) what's new, and why they should care. Getting a game to sell copies isn't a matter of dumbing things down, I don't think. You don't need to compromise your gameplay to sell copies so long as you have something to really draw players in from the beginning. That's an issue of pacing and structure, not depth or genre.

This New Vegas trailer gets it right in that they're showing most people what they care about: Vegas, the new weapons, new factions, new monsters, the more upbeat style, and so on. It doesn't lie in order to sell the game, or bank on vague emotional appeal, and I have to respect that to some degree. As much as I would have loved to see something much more atmospheric or story-heavy... I understand that this video isn't for me, and that's okay.

12. VRaptor117

VRaptor117 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 18, 2008
    That's the smartest thing I've ever heard anyone say ever.

13. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    Just stick 50s big band music on anything and it automatically gets better.

14. Mr Fish

Mr Fish ...The pain of being dead...

Sep 11, 2010
    NCR helmet still looks like shit.

Great trailer though, the sky was awesome and I saw me some green trees.

15. Hauptmann

Hauptmann First time out of the vault

Feb 7, 2009
    Not that I'm a graphics bitch, but wow...the textures look reeeeeeealy bad now.

16. Scowllyface

Scowllyface First time out of the vault

Sep 19, 2010
    Right, honestly quit yer bitchin'.
    You say that now, but when it comes out you won't even notice.

17. Faceless Stranger

Faceless Stranger Board Drifter

Aug 19, 2010
    Just like lack of environmental shadows. I swear I didn't even notoce they were missing until one of you guys pointed it out a while back.

18. PooftimusPrime

PooftimusPrime First time out of the vault

Nov 25, 2008
  19. K.C. Cool

K.C. Cool It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 4, 2005
    From everything I've gathered, I have learned that I will like this game more than Fallout 3, but for the TV ad... eh, I don't like it.

But like Sea said, I'm not the commercial's target audience. It's sort of like the Dragon Age trailers with "This is the new shit!" just showing swords and blood n funnnnn! When in reality it was a well designed game underneath bad ad music and gore. I much rather have the general Fallout 3 audience led by bright blinky lights to a better game experience. Maybe that market will appreciate the better design and continue to persuade the industry to make more wholesome games.

If the mom and pop joint that makes good burgers advertises like McDonald's does then maybe some day people will look at the shit they consume and compare it to something better. ...Or maybe I'm just missing the point in marketing. :wink:

20. overtake

overtake First time out of the vault

Apr 7, 2010
    Fallout 3 bunkers and wasteland, now on vegas with few trees, NCR and big party city with handful of npc's. The story's better be good.