Fallout Remastered OST available for free

Brother None

This ghoul has seen it all
Orderite
Composer Mark Morgan contacted us to inform us his "Vault Archives" remastering project for the Fallout songs he composed is now done, and they are available for free over on Aural Network. There's four titles that can be streamed, and the whole album of 24 tracks is available for download and non-commercial use.

<center></center>

Link: NMA mirror.

EDIT: it looks like the download link has been (temporarily?) disabled on Aural Network. Use the NMA mirror to grab the full album.

Was what I was thinking too :P

Frith I hope they let this one slide for once. It's not like the OSTs aren't on NMA, DaC and elsewhere already anyway.

Someone should put this on a mod! If the Fallout 1/2's engine supports higher quality music of course.

Ausir said:
Better download it before Bethesda issues a C&D.

I was hesitating at first (because i felt lazy) but your post scared me into downloading it. The horror of just thinking that such thing could happen... (shivers)

Great stuff so far, the quality really makes a difference. Hard to tell exactly what is remixed and what is not (since much of it is so ambient). But in A Trader's Life you can definitely tell that there's been some minor tinkering. :)

Khan FurSainty said:
Ausir said:
Better download it before Bethesda issues a C&D.
I was hesitating at first (because i felt lazy) but your post scared me into downloading it. The horror of just thinking that such thing could happen... (shivers)

Don't worry, NMA'll mirror it. And others, no doubt.

Maybe he already talked to Bethesda and they allowed him to release it non-commercially?

Ravager69 said:
Remaster means better quality or did he changed anything?
It's 320kbps mp3 format (don't know what codec, though it says encoded by iTunes 9.shit.something). Awesome stuff, although I would have preferred vorbis for quality. Not that there's much difference at this bitrate.

Remastered means compression treatment to make everything sound more vivid and alive ( in a nutshell ).

From what I hear, it does sound better ( or maybe it's just in my head ).

Back