Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Sonora

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin
Couldn't find a thread for this mod. However it's a very promising project.

The latest I could find was this update that demonstrate the process of creating new wall segments and with great result:

uyqssZ07VaU.jpg

2020-03-21:
The game is out.

2023-12-13:
the translation:
https://github.com/RadMuravTeam/Fallout-Sonora-ENG

Last edited:
As one who has built new art for the original Fallouts I will say this, it's not easy to create something that fits into the original aesthetic seamlessly. There's a strange magic about the original artwork, and matching it isn't easy. The walls above probably need a little more tweaking.

Even these small stairs I built don't quite fit into the aesthetic. That's one reason I prefer to modify the original art over new art. Still I can't wait to play this game.

Z0CkhpD.jpg

Quite obvious to me - too clean. Need more dirt, shit, graffity, scratch marks, broken stairs, fallen out bricks, etc to match the original.

Anyone got news from the mod yet? They said it would be released in September if I'm correct?
Did not have time.
Александр Пошелюжин
Я бы всё успел сделать, если бы не навалившаяся за последние два месяца работа. Без релиза, но зато с деньгами.

Where's the missing parts for the drill in Flagstaff? I've looked all over the town, or is it back at Garage City?

Where's the missing parts for the drill in Flagstaff? I've looked all over the town, or is it back at Garage City?

Bro just use some junk or computer parts in the drill, you need at last 60% on repair skills, but each junk or parts, the needed skill lowers a little, i think something 5% for each item used.

Can someone send the link for discord group of english translation ???? I lost the link before enter in the group, thanks.

Update. Fallout: Sonora v.1.06

http://fallout-nevada.ucoz.ru/index/fallout_sonora/0-59

1. The original author's version (1217 MB, version 1.06) with fixes 1-6, but without support for high resolution, sfall and the installer.
2. An alternative version from Foxx (922 MB) with a high-resolution patch, sFall and fixes 1-6.
Why is your version of the mod 300MB less than the normal version if it has more files (high-res and SFall) in it?

Why is your version of the mod 300MB less than the normal version if it has more files (high-res and SFall) in it?

Well that's probebly because Foxx packed his version more tightly (i.e. higher compression rate).
It's the only logical explanation, because I see no reason to strip the patch of anything, and probably Foxx does not see a reason to do so neigther. Am I right?

EDIT:
yay.. 600th post.

@_Pyran_

Can all of us count on you agin? Could you aquire Sonora 1.06 patch by Foxx and put it into your signature archive?
Because not all of us are priviledged enaugh to download torrent files.

@Foxx
Is the Improoved Alcohol System by Hammer still a part of the patch in 1.06 or has it been removed for some reason? Because I don't see it in the screenshot You've provided...

@_Pyran_

Can all of us count on you agin? Could you aquire Sonora 1.06 patch by Foxx and put it into your signature archive?
Because not all of us are priviledged enaugh to download torrent files.

@Foxx
Is the Improoved Alcohol System by Hammer still a part of the patch in 1.06 or has it been removed for some reason? Because I don't see it in the screenshot You've provided...
Right now, I can’t make the mod version \or add to the repository, but, I'll do it when possible.
IAS - a third-party mod, and not integrated into Sonora. Hammer talked about updating the mod to version 0.4, with a balance edit, but now doesn’t get in touch.

Back