Fallout Tactics mod Fallout Tactics: Lost In The Wastelands Campaign

:noisist:

First time out of the vault
:noisist:: Lost in the Wastelands (Fallout Tactics)
Author: :noisist:
Release:
~2011
Copyright: Bethesda Softworks LLC.
Lost in the Wastelands - is a new big campaign for Fallout Tactics. The main idea of which is the implementation of a non-linear plot (of course, taking into account the capabilities and limitations of the engine itself). And apparently, the author succeeded, with a reservation on the limitations of the FT engine itself.

• Install Fallout Tactics 1.27.
  • Download and install\unzip LiW archives to FT folder.
  • Download and install LiW (English Lang.) from mod.db.
  • - launch mod from FOT-LIW.lnk from mod folder (!! change the path).
  • - Single player - custom campaign - lost_in_the_wastelands.cam.
1.2.u1 (Installer)
  • Install Fallout Tactics 1.27.
  • Install Unofficial Patch Plus (optional).
  • Install this mod.
  • - Launch game from the mod shortcut.
  • Added HRP 1.0 by Mash.
  • Improved icons.
  • Launch the campaign from the standard way (Lost_in_the_wasteland.cam renamed to bos.cam).
  • Does not overwrite the original game (Installation to subfolder).

• Unofficial patch 1.2 UPDATE 1:
    * Lost lines have been added to the text (based on the reconciliation of both languages).
    * Updated translation, now there are no Russian files in English, and conversely.
    * The main launch file was renamed to LiW.exe , and HRP is adapted for it (for both languages).
    05.02.21 fix by Pyran.

:noisist said:
http://uploadbox.com/files/24b29b2875/

The main idea was to make more RPG oriented campaign. It is only in Russian still. More info here

Первоначально идея была сделать радикально рпг-шную кампанию для тактикса И внести элементы нелинейности. Что получилось судить вам

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I'm gonna need to use a dictionary but I don't care the pics I seen at the site you posted looks nice so I'm going to try it as soon as I can.

I like these new locations, through i can't get holodisk (i figured out where it may be, but... Well, i've chosen wrong skills). Escpecially new variant of Junktown makes me feel like in Fallout 1 :)

By the way, is ghoul supposed to have 1/3 perk rate without his "deadly" trait? They usually have 1/4, like mutants.

это звездос. Чел, делай плиз моды на ОФИЦИАЛЬНОЙ версии, ибо приличные люди говнолокализаций не держат. Или хотя бы деляй так, чтобы можно было видеть шрифты, а не кроркозябры. Вон бери пример с авакена, у них и русская версия и польская и английская и никакого вжопуфаргуса.

это звездос. Чел, делай плиз моды на ОФИЦИАЛЬНОЙ версии, ибо приличные люди говнолокализаций не держат. Или хотя бы деляй так, чтобы можно было видеть шрифты, а не кроркозябры. Вон бери пример с авакена, у них и русская версия и польская и английская и никакого вжопуфаргуса.

[offtop]Это ты звездос. У меня стоит версия от 1С, и на нее сей мод отлично ставится. Никаких кракозябр, все отображается в лучшем виде. "Вон бери пример" - заебатая фраза, вот только для Авэйкена использовали английскую версию в качестве базы, а для английской нужно русские шрифты отдельно ставить. Не надо делать вид, что ты этого не знал. Гугл всегда где-то рядом.

На будущее: не торопись грубить кому-либо, если не можешь с собственной версией игры разобраться.[/offtop]

Try to keep it in English (and on topic) guys, this is an English language forum and we normally don't allow people to converse in another language (this is an unusual situation since the project is in Russian, but still, if you want to promote your mod, write in a language everyone understand. Hell, even copy-paste a google translate under your post).

Damn, I loved the whole story. It is near imposible to play at "insane" level, but...I give 9/10 and only bicause it was kind of short. Anyway - congratz ;). Could someone point me where could I find a knife of a worker?

P.S. No bugs or silly things appeard in my first playthru.

MaToX said:
Could someone point me where could I find a knife of a worker?

You mean the farmer's worker?

[spoiler:1363319e4e]Read over his story again. When did he last use his machete?[/spoiler:1363319e4e]

If you need another, easier hint:

[spoiler:1363319e4e]Don't forget that you can find items on corpses.[/spoiler:1363319e4e]

If you just want me to spoil the puzzle for you:

[spoiler:1363319e4e]You can find the machete on one of the small cockroach bodies. Look the one to the right of the farmer's crops, near the edge of the map.[/spoiler:1363319e4e]

EDIT: I did it! I finished the mod!

Actually, I've completed it before. When this thread was created, years ago, I downloaded the English version of the demo and played it through. It was fantastic. I was so eager to play this mod that I downloaded the Russian version and muddled my way through the incomprehensible text.

This time, though, I know what I'm doing, and I found all the quests I didn't see the first time around. I loved all of the dialogues, and the quests were clever and well implemented. I also liked all the "bells ans whistles" - the Pipboy has been made a little more presentable and the text screen (which describes combat details like misses, hits, damage, etc.) has been given multiple colours so the user can easily pick out the most important details.

The maps have nice little easter eggs and details. There was only one town, but I liked all the little details in it. There's usually multiple ways to approach any of your problems, and the game supports many different types of characters.

However, there is one significant bug I have to report, which strikes at the end of the mod (spoiler warning!):

[spoiler:1363319e4e]Partway through the final fight with the super mutants, the Brotherhood NPCs always always always go hostile on me for no appreciable reason. I know they're not being hit by stray bullets - it happens even when I remove all of my teammates and my remaining character hasn't fired a shot.

Fortunately, killing all the mutants ends that mission successfully and I get the mod's "To be continued...maybe..." screen, so it's possible to work around it. However, it does spoil the mood to "bravely defend the Brotherhood" by running out into the middle of nowhere to kill mutants while the Brotherhood tries to shoot me in the back, and most of the recruits and squires die in the fighting because I can't get close to Paladin Johnson.[/spoiler:1363319e4e]

Nonetheless, this is an extremely well made mod. The writing is smart, the quests are clever, and you're rewarded for using your brain and developing creative tactics. I recommend it to anyone who's in the mood for Fallout Tactics mods.

Sounds like a good mod. I will give this a go as soon as possible. Thank you to those that created and translated the mod.

Back