Fallout Tactics Redux Version 1.3

Also, wrt Rocket Launcher, I forgot to mention that on Mission-4 (Macomb) there were two raiders with these, and both had a 100% clear shot to the vehicle and people, but didn't take it, just stood/sat there - I wanted to re-load and test if they were also bugged, but forgot, suspect that maybe it's also ST or AP issue?

Just watching this wall of text I see that you have really crazy fans of your mod Endocore.

Maybe some masochist will join me on my Tough Guy playthrough?

And you call us crazy! ;)

Seriously though, I think that requires way more kevlar-nerves personality than me, I'd just erase the game after it makes me repeat same stuff a few times due to some stupid mistake, mismicro or RNG.

- The Wachutu Elder does not give you the 4th Fusion Battery for deactivating the defenses before any Wachutu die in Preoria. This has already happened on my 1st playthrough.

In the contrary I think that works. I received for the first time playing Tactics the fourth fusion battery from the elder on my first game of Redux mod. But maybe you are saying that physically he do not give the object. That could be true, but anyways the objects are "removed on exit".

A lot of the melee weapons that were never updated are gradually being removed from the game, I just haven't hunted them all down yet.

A lot of the stuff being discussed here is in my documentation, though it is very long and I suppose I can't blame most for not taking an hour to wade through it. The game engine doesn't deal well with containment. If an item (like a fusion battery) is meant to be removed on exit from a mission, and the person holding that item is inside a vehicle, the item won't disappear. This cannot be fixed. You used to then see "No description available" for all these items, which I did fix in Redux.

EDITED:

I see what's happening in the Preoria mission. It's a rather obscure bug, good job on finding it. This problem only happens if you reload a saved game that was saved on the Preoria map. Since the battery is flagged non-lootable, when you reload your savegame the item disappears from the Elder's inventory and therefore he can't give it to you even though he says he does, and when you then go to the exit grid since the item isn't in your characters' inventory you don't get credit for it. This problem does not occur if you play the mission straight through without reloading.

The same thing used to happen with the Librarian in Macomb, but the way I fixed that problem won't be of use here so we are left with two ways to resolve this Fusion battery issue. Which one would players find most helpful?

A) When you talk to the Elder, if no villagers were killed, a variable is set. Therefore you will get credit in your debriefing for obtaining four batteries, even though the fourth will not be shown in your inventory if you reloaded a saved game on that map.

B) I could make an invisible entity standing next to the Elder who hands the battery to the nearest player-character when talking to the Elder. The trouble with this approach is, if combat has occurred and the Elder has run across the map, then the invisible entity will be too far away to hand over the battery. In other words, this solution isn't foolproof, even though it is the only way to actually place the battery in your inventory if you've reloaded a saved game.

Comments are welcomed on this issue. There will be a minor update in a few weeks to address whatever we decide on this, as well as a few very minor things I forgot to include in 1.2, so keep those bug reports coming.

Last edited:
Solution A) sounds just fine, thank you.

Where do all these errors come from if they worked fine in the unpatched 1.27 version? Is it Bethesda's punishment for changing their work or calling it imperfect? :)

Here's another one:
- after completing Springfield, the bodies of all of the assassins (from the snipers in the tower to the head assassin) disappear. (This also makes it impossible to loot them of course.)

Some interesting conversation going on here. Regarding comments on 'fyushin bats' ... one of the reasons the Elder (sometimes) fails to give the player the fourth fusion battery is because of the nature of the 'Speech Event Occurred' triggers and how they fire. Very often if you have a series of complex events firing directly from a speech event they wont execute or only some aspects wont execute (like giving items back and forth from the player and NPCs). My best advice to any would-be modders is to separate your speech event triggers into two separate triggers. The first one will acknowledge the speech event and subsequently set a variable flag. The 2nd trigger will fire the complex trigger actions only after the previously mentioned variable flag is on. This completely stabilizes the engine -- otherwise it's hit or miss. This is the way I dealt with the bug in Preoria, and my triggers successfully work everytime.

Although it may seem like more work to add an extra trigger for a speech event, you will find it will solve many of your problems in the long run when dealing with complex triggering sequences...

Guys I am going for divine favor perk, but wchich exactly attribute point does it raise?
Always the one that's highest, and it is the only way to "legally" raise one above the 10 max.
You should probably go into Multiplayer's character build and try it out first if you have more than 1 highest attribute though - the game chooses one arbitarily in that case, but it's nonrandom (though I can't tell you what it's logic is, haven't tested it myself yet).

Guys I am going for divine favor perk, but wchich exactly attribute point does it raise?
Always the one that's highest, and it is the only way to "legally" raise one above the 10 max.
You should probably go into Multiplayer's character build and try it out first if you have more than 1 highest attribute though - the game chooses one arbitarily in that case, but it's nonrandom (though I can't tell you what it's logic is, haven't tested it myself yet).

I have four 8 so i will save before taking Divine Favor perk and see what happens.

I have four 8 so i will save before taking Divine Favor perk and see what happens.

Highest one in stats list is prioritized. So if you have 6-8-6-2-6-8-8 for ex. you'll get +1 PE.

Just finished walking through the second mission, and I can't help feeling like the balance is way off. For the most part, I just kept walking until farsight or the main dude shot (usually 1-shot) a guy. And then I'd leave turn-base and keep walking. I'm assuming it'll get harder later.

I'm also level 10 already. I wanted to hit level 2 with my new recruits before the mission (so I could train their small arms a bit, as well as get stealing to the point where I could loot the entire bunker like a well adjusted wastelander), so I wandered around for awhile until I got a random encounter. It was radscorpions vs raiders. The raiders had nice guns, as well as giving me a stupid amount of xp.

I also dislike the redone guns. Not because I care about realism or anything, but because I can't use resources like the wiki to figure out whether this smg is 1 or 2 handed, whether that gun for sale is any good, what the crit chances are, etc, etc. Would have been a nice upgrade if all of that was included in the item description as it should have been initially. Is there a cheat sheet somewhere?

Hey guys!

I've just been going through my first playthrough of tactics with this mod and I think I may have encountered a game-breaking bug. The Coldwater mission does not give me a green exit grid upon completion. I do get the text popup in the top left of the screen saying objective completed after talking to the auditor. At first I thought it was because I used the APC but replaying the mission from an older save without it did not fix the issue. I am not sure this is a bug from the game itself or because of the mod.

I'd really love to finish this game since I am nearing the end! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:
He, right on time! I was about to start that mission. I'll wait a little to see if there is really a bug and if a kind of patch is available. If you need me to make some more tests, I can do that.

I did not have that problem. I seem to remember thinking it vaguely though, maybe it's only a grid in an unexpected spot, or one that shows up after certain actions?

I would post images but since I'm a new member I can't. In a let's play video on youtube the auditor is standing still in the green exit grid. It's basically right where you spawned at the start of the mission. In my playthrough the auditor is still walking around going "where's that squad". I talk to him and he says "good job I'll get these back to base" but there is still is no exit grid. I played through Fallout 1 & 2 before this. This is pretty frustrating, if I can't progress then I'll have to drop this game.

Um, threats won't help to you to fix your problem you know. >3>

Oh, so it was the Coldwater mission! I think I know what your problem might be, then. I have had the same confusion before, maybe the new Redux version can add some mission objective clarifications to help with that.

Basically, you have to deliver all of the stolen power armors to the auditor AND kill all of the remaining bandits.
You've probably missed a bad guy somewhere and he's still hiding on another level, which is why the mission does not end even though you've found all the power armor.
Just search the levels again and I'm sure you'll find him.

Last edited:
@rebelscum

There's an obscure bug I discovered that was already fixed for a future update. The good news is, you're probably not stuck. The notification of mission over comes on when the bandit leader is dead and your team has all three suits of armor in inventory. The exit grid comes on when the Auditor has all suits of armor in his (invisible) zone.

Try this: get all the armor from the Auditor, if you gave him any (using barter screen). Get all your people together, with the all the armor, standing near the auditor. Then barter him all the armor at one time. The exit grid should come on.

Basically, the existing triggers didn't accomodate wandering around, bringing the armor to the Auditor, going off and doing stuff, bringing more armor, etc, which must be what you did on this map.

Last edited:
Sorry no threats intended! :) I'm a sucker for older games and it's shattering when there are some game-breaking bugs with them. For example I put in around 30 hours into Silent Storm and that game had constant load CTDs and invincible enemies. I'm into about 22 hours of Fallout Tactics and it felt like all hope was lost and time was wasted. I had a similar feeling when fighting that Mutant Wizard in Fallout 2 which suffered constant CTDs.

Although Endocore your suggestion worked, THANK YOU! I've been wanting to finish this game for a decade now ever since I got the demo on a pc magazine demo disk with Oni and Giants Citizen Kabuto. Time to get back into the game, have a good week guys :D

Edit:

Wow, I'm really getting my ass handed to me. I made the mistake of not leveling up a bartering skill on one of my characters early on (thinking this might be like fo1 and fo2). So half of my crew are still in MK2 metal armor fighting these robots. Even in Power armor/advanced I get blown to bits by the RPG drone robots, even with the difficulty on easy. sheesh. I didn't expect that you can't find armor in the world and that everything has to be bought. No random encounters also means the squad hp is low from leveling and anyone who takes 2-3 hits from a microfusion round gets evaporated. Also no random encounters doesn't give me a chance to level up my bartering skill and acquire more gear. This is pretty hardcore :/ Really locked into the choices here and I'm not too keen on replaying the 30 hours in so far to get better armor haha.

Last edited:
Back