Fallout: The Frontier - Released!

Pretty sure there's a canon New Vegas ending where the NCR hang Arcade just for wearing Enclave Armor. Or something like that.
If you join the Legion in the Hoover Dam battle but convince Arcade to have the Remnants fight for the NCR, he's arrested by the NCR and imprisioned indefinitely because a NCR ranger noticed he had an Enclave armor.

Further more proof that the Enclave had no business being in this mod if they were gonna be potrayed the way they were.

If you join the Legion in the Hoover Dam battle but convince Arcade to have the Remnants fight for the NCR, he's arrested by the NCR and imprisioned indefinitely because a NCR ranger noticed he had an Enclave armor.

Further more proof that the Enclave had no business being in this mod if they were gonna be potrayed the way they were.
That's the legion ending, the NCR ending is much worse for him, which is the one Atomic Postman was referring to.

If you complete Eureka! and convince Gannon to help the Remnants, this happens:
Though Arcade had not hoped for an NCR victory, he was proud of his role in the defense of Hoover Dam against the forces of Caesar's Legion. Unfortunately, when word spread that Arcade was once a member of the Enclave, he was forced out of the Followers of the Apocalypse. Pursued by bounty hunters, NCR rangers, and the Brotherhood of Steel, Arcade pushed deep into the eastern plains and was never heard from again.
Which further drives home the fact that the Enclave have ZERO allies outside of themselves and it does not make ANY sense to have them assisting any of the other factions in any capacity.
People would rather let a nuke go off right next to them as they beat the child of an enclave soldier to death instead of letting said child diffuse the bomb.

thats why adding enclave still doing experiments under ncr notice is 2nd to having dc stuff being in the new vegas area when it comes to mod pet peeves.

People waited years for...this? Technical feats aside this mod feels like some persons FanFiction with weird fetishes and political agendas thrown in.

I have also seen the same shitty defense for all the wacky shit, that being that Fallout 2 also had wacky shit. First, its wacky shit gets rightfully criticized all the time. Second, Fallout 2 had a very short development time. Pretty sure if it had seven fucking years of development, it would have been far better than the product that was released and most, if not all, wacky shit wouldn't be in the game. This mod took seven years and yet has more dumb shit than Fallout 2.

Honestly, i'm just sick and tired of Fallout 2 being used as a scapegoat for putting wacky shit in Fallout games. Instead, people should learn not to do what it did, that's the correct lesson to learn from it. Some silly things here and there to add some humor? Sure, not everything in a Fallout game needs to be grimdark. But there needs to be a limit, and Fallout 2's limit is not the right one.

Screenshot_20210122-030044_Discord.jpg

Honestly whoever wrote that into the game legit needs their ass beat :lmao:

Even communities im in that have nothing to do with Fallout are talking about this. What an embaressment.

Crazy how much people keep shitting on this. Just move on and be done. It's not a paid game, so no need to dwell on it longer than necessary.

It sure warranted a god damn page on the steam store with its own achievements. Like it thinks it's on the same level of Enderal or Nehrim.

I'll not stop dunking on this mod.

I saw someone say that pretty much all the male characters in the mod are essentially a bunch of edgy brooding Shadow the Hedgehogs so I'm sure the "be my little slavegirl" line isn't even that jarring or out of place from the rest of the dialogue.

Last edited:
I don't understand the drive that some modders have to make these huge and expansive "second games" that try to outdo vanilla New Vegas, it never works. If you want to build a completely new world space just give me something that feels like a 5th DLC.

Yep. It's bad enough that they spout their political nonsense on their live stream but they have to put it in the mod too.

VvTwk1P_d.webp

Makes you wonder why they put the Enclave in the game if they hate them so much?
"Why would I want to join blah blah blah"
What an interesting question. If only there was a story focused RPG with factions that could answer/explore that question.

I like to play as different factions and even evil ones but it always ends up feeling so removed from me and I end up not finishing it as it's how how I'd play the situation irl. Thieving and manipulative? Sure. Murderous slave driver? Nah. Roleplay is only possible for me within a certain boundary, after that it ruins my emersion.

Back