Fallout TV Series Begins Production

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by TorontoReign, Jan 7, 2022.

1. TorontoReign

TorontoReign ⛧卐⛧ Staff Member Moderator [REDACTED]

Apr 1, 2005
    They can make it more entertaining. It's the only reason MCU movies make any money probably.

2. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Carbon Dated and Proud

Nov 26, 2007
    But how about two?

Sean Connery was rather good at that.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. Post-War Tribal

Post-War Tribal ᗟANN0 the owslendar [REDACTED]

Nov 8, 2018
    I think it's going to be a mixture between Nuka Break and Westworld.

4. mef

mef Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Dec 29, 2014
    I think it's going to be a mixture between piss and shit. I'm not sure why you guys are even following the news on this, you know it will be bad and have barely any connection to Fallout

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  5. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Snug Rubber

Sep 11, 2010
    It's fun to fling shit at Bethesda like the spastic monkeys that we are.

6. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    WHY ARE YOU GUYS FOLLOWING FALLOUT NEWS ON THIS FALLOUT WEB SITE?!

Because Fallout. Why do you think I wake up every morning and swallow bile when I surf through some of these posts? Fallout.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  7. Risewild

Risewild Antediluvian as Feck
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    And here I thought this forum was all about Fall Out Boy.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  8. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
  9. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Have they said if they are gonna base it on one game or just a general "story in the world"?

10. JustAShcookius

JustAShcookius It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 4, 2020
    Are there any actual movie stars left besides Top Gun dude? Dont know any of these people and could not care less who they are. Will still follow news of this series with interest...

11. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    You don't know the guy that was in Dune and Twin Peaks and Blue Velvet? Wow you suck!

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  12. Ediros

Ediros Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Feb 4, 2016
    I will be brief, I have got no hope for this mess.

If it is based on east coast, then there is no point watching it. I have seen enough retardness of that region, which I treat as ramblings of a junkie in Freeside.

And if it’s good and east coast? I expect more fanboys coming here to show us how bugtheada 'saved' Fallout. I hope it bombs.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  13. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    It does not matter if it is based on East or West because it is a standalone thing that should not doggedly adhere to stupid lore that people shat out in five minutes in 1998. It's a Tv show. Not a RPG.

14. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    So do we know if it's gonna be an original story or a take on one of the games?

15. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
  16. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Welp, I guess they will eventually say it. I just hope it isn't like a Fallout 4 adaptation because that story is kinda the worst one, even by Bethesda standards.

17. The_Citzen

The_Citzen It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 22, 2020
    After the shitshow that was the Halo tv series I'm starting to get hyped to see how bad this one will be, of fucking course it will automatically be 100x worse than that stupid Halo one because Fallout story doesn't fit in any other form of media.

18. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Halo did not have big name actors. Master Chief was just some random dude.

19. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    I am pretty sure post apocalyptic and western stories have been made before on other forms of media other than videogames.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  20. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Carbon Dated and Proud

Nov 26, 2007
    The problem with a mainstreamed Fallout is that it is —supposed— to be so dark as to almost bring tears... except for the bitter humor in it; which makes a tolerable intermission.

They won't ever do that in a mainstream show; they will only ever use the (inherently wrong) 50's hook with radioactive products and weaponry for shock and comedic effect. It will never explore the underlying pathos of the IP.

Recall that Bethesda got terrible flak for placing a FO3 advertisement in the subways. People saw it on their way to work; the destroyed capital building.

Nothing like the Necropolis fate, or the betrayal of the Vault Dweller who saved the Vault will happen in their script. I expect Nuka~Break done with a AAA budget, nothing par with a sci-fi Mad Men.

*They would do well to get Jon Hamm in it, IMO.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 3