Fallout TV show coming 2024, featuring Vault 33 in Los Angeles

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin
5803-1692798804-052963fb4f3a536a73a36474d5a627cf.jpg

I don't know if this was already known since I don't keep track of things but apparently the Fallout TV show is coming next year and takes place in Vault 33 located in Los Angeles.

As we all know Los Angeles is a mayor location in the original Fallout and putting the TV show there could result in some issues with already established lore.Will they handle things with care?

What are your main concerns?

But... If we're going with numbers on vaults increasing from west to east then in Fallout 1 which takes place IN LOS ANGELES then 33 is way too high of a number. Vault City is vault 8. That's to the north. The highest numbered vault is... 15 right? So, why exactly would they number a vault randomly as "33"?

Unless there is some lore I'm missing here like "oh the vaults are numbered as they were completed and they just happened to complete vaults from the west coast faster than the east coast" it seems like it reeks of basic incompetence to me.

Oh I'm sure that there could be more than 1 vault. It is a major city with a duckload of people living in it. Though the Cathedral vault wasn't a proper Vault. If it was a demonstration vault then I dunno, would the general public even be allowed in it? I doubt you could keep it a secret being smack dab in LA but still, maybe most people weren't allowed inside of it and only big wigs with money or gov clearance was allowed to see the "vault in action". There's bound to be another vault very close to LA but I would find it very silly to see a giant fuckoff vault- Actually something just occured to me... It's LA. What about earthquakes? Isn't LA built on a "fault" or something?

But wasn't that a demonstration vault?
Yes it was but it's worded like it was the only one. I don't remember what's actually stated in the game.

I do agree that, logically, there would be more vaults in LA than just one. But it depends on how many people they ment to save from the Apocalypse and who those people were. Were it ordinary citizens who played to live there or were you assigned a vault by the government?

Last edited:
Are there any indications about the plot or structure yet? Are they just retelling the plot of the first game, or is it something else entirely?

Are there any indications about the plot or structure yet? Are they just retelling the plot of the first game, or is it something else entirely?
To my knowledge no, it's not a retelling of Fallout 1 thankfully. However I don't know when it takes place, or what the plot details are at this time. I guess will find out probably sooner or later, and yes @Bawls Lover I agree with that sentiment!

;-) :D

It’s definitely set after Fallout 1 as set photos have showed us NCR Flags in the Vault. Interesting that they chose LA as the setting for this show. Hopefully this means they did more research about F1, F2, and FNV than Bethesda’s games. If the show creators have respect for the classics maybe we will have something good on our hands.

According to my own memory, the demonstration vault was where pretty much everyone nearby fled to when the bombs dropped because there was no one to keep them locked out. It’s possible there were other vaults in LA, but I think that would be overkill. Sure, you’d need more than a few vaults to save the entire population of LA, but the vaults were supposed to be more of a feel-good “don’t worry about the war, you’ll be fine!” project, so building more than one per city seems like a waste of resources. Then again, it stands to reason that LA would have at least one “real” vault, since the demonstration vault was never intended to be used.

https://youtube.com/shorts/VOUb7bohTDQ?si=R1nq6IFJhGVTPJ_Q

Here’s the trailer for Gamescom. Watch while it’s still up.
Brotherhood of Steel doesn't have vertibirds... I think we get them some plans for them in Fallout 2 but that doesn't mean they know how to build them or can get access to them.

All the people standing there watching the screen felt a bit disconcerting to me. Felt like the stereotype of consoomerism.

I dunno if that ghoul looks like hancock really. That's just what all ghouls look like in FO4, I dunno how they managed to make them look so damn generic when in FO3 they had a lot of variety to them.

Are those BOS walking across the desert or just people in power armor. I can't make out the model of the power armor due to the mangled fragmentation.

Composition of the trailer going footage BLACK footage BLACK footage and the music is really generic and bland and doesn't fit Fallout what so ever.

This is going to be a shit show when it comes to pre established lore. Typical Hollywood.

Maybe we get a real fallout sequel out of it since baldur’s gate 3 did so well and too down turn based can sell. Or at least a remake of the first game.

Or at least a remake of the first game.
I guarantee you a remake of Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 would do far more damage to the franchise than this show could ever possibly dream of causing. At worst this show will be shit and forgotten about like the Halo show and time will move on, but a remake of Fallout 1 whether made directly by Bethesda or another company overseen by Bethesda will include retcons from Fallout 3, 4 , and 76 as well as copious amounts of changes to the originals. Not to mention it will become the definitive canon version of that game, meaning that the originals will be forgotten.

Brotherhood of Steel doesn't have vertibirds... I think we get them some plans for them in Fallout 2 but that doesn't mean they know how to build them or can get access to them.
I don't know when this show is set, could possibly be after Fallout 2 when the BOS does have the know-how to make Vertibirds.

I guarantee you a remake of Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 would do far more damage to the franchise than this show could ever possibly dream of causing. At worst this show will be shit and forgotten about like the Halo show and time will move on, but a remake of Fallout 1 whether made directly by Bethesda or another company overseen by Bethesda will include retcons from Fallout 3, 4 , and 76 as well as copious amounts of changes to the originals. Not to mention it will become the definitive canon version of that game, meaning that the originals will be forgotten.

The originals have been forgotten.

Back