Fallout TV show coming 2024, featuring Vault 33 in Los Angeles

As far as Tactics being a favorite? No it's not. But do I like it? Yes, yes I do. It's funny how Bethesda has taken a lot of inspiration from Tactics, yet Todd (I believe) had said something to the effect of: "Just pretend it never existed". Not that there's anything wrong with taking good ideas from something you might perceive as being bad. This was also mentioned in the same sentence as BoS, so it's not like he confused the two.

Last edited:
As far as Tactics being a favorite? No it's not. But do I like it? Yes, yes I do. It's funny how Bethesda has taken a lot of inspiration from Tactics, yet Todd (I believe) had said something to the effect of: "Just pretend it never existed". Not that there's anything wrong with taking good ideas from something you might perceive as being bad. This was also mentioned in the same sentence as Tactics BoS, so it's not like he confused the two.
Todd fears Tactics, his mind can't comprahend it.

It's funny how Bethesda has taken a lot of inspiration from Tactics, yet Todd (I believe) had said something to the effect of: "Just pretend it never existed".
Emil said that some stuff from Tactics is canon, so now we know who has more power over canon at Bethesda. :lmao:
Emil Pagliarulo said:
For us, it's always... for us, canon always starts with what is in the games. And so... it's what is in Fallout 1, Fallout 2... even some of like, Fallout Tactics is- there's some stuff from canon from Fallout Tactics as well. And our Fallout games.

Emil said that some stuff from Tactics is canon, so now we know who has more power over canon at Bethesda. :lmao:
He even made Nate a war criminal :wiggle:
fallout-1-fallout-execution.gif

He even made Nate a war criminal :wiggle:
fallout-1-fallout-execution.gif
To be fair, Emil seems to be more in charge of Fallout, at least that's the vibe I've been getting for awhile. Todd always seems to want to move on to the next thing and rarely gives much though to a project after it's been released. Also, I'm not really saying that as a good or bad thing, just an observation.

Edit: Slightly off topic, anyone else notice the resurgence of the nuclear bomb thumb myth since the release?

Last edited:
If you're shocked this show isn't respecting the lore of the non-Bethesda games much then I also need to let you know that I'm a billionaire but my account has been frozen and I'm in trouble. If you send me 500 dollars right now I will send you a million next month once I get out of this tight spot.

I'm not done with the show and am only about halfway through it (Like 20 minutes into episode 5 I think). My previous sentiment remains. It's a cool show visually and it has good moments, I don't hate it. I'm not a fan of some aspects as a Fallout fan and the writing isn't great but I don't think the writing is great for most TV shows. I also just don't watch a lot of shows either. Takes a long time and usually isn't worth all that time. But as long as they're fun and they interest me I'll try to watch it. I can probably name less TV shows I've watched entirely than you can remember names at a family reunion.

One day I hope I'll come across a copy of FOBOS on a flea market for the PS2 and I will play it.
I found a copy for 30 USD once and passed on it. Regret it now but I was making about half as much money then as I am now and was paying more in bills. I'd pay 30 bucks for it today. I think the price was only because of the fact that it was becoming retro and it is a shitstain game that has a wide appeal name on it so not many people cared to really buy the game and hang onto it with any care but then it got revived and tons of people gained interest in the series. It probably would cost more than 30 now. Tends to be that the last generation of console games are at their cheapest until they are not the last generation anymore. PS4/Xbox One games are probably just going to climb in price when next generation hits and this cycle continues and gets worse due to digital games sales until digital sales are the only option for any platform which just kills the second hand market of used games.

If you're shocked this show isn't respecting the lore of the non-Bethesda games much then I also need to let you know that I'm a billionaire but my account has been frozen and I'm in trouble. If you send me 500 dollars right now I will send you a million next month once I get out of this tight spot.

I'm not done with the show and am only about halfway through it (Like 20 minutes into episode 5 I think). My previous sentiment remains. It's a cool show visually and it has good moments, I don't hate it. I'm not a fan of some aspects as a Fallout fan and the writing isn't great but I don't think the writing is great for most TV shows. I also just don't watch a lot of shows either. Takes a long time and usually isn't worth all that time. But as long as they're fun and they interest me I'll try to watch it. I can probably name less TV shows I've watched entirely than you can remember names at a family reunion.

I found a copy for 30 USD once and passed on it. Regret it now but I was making about half as much money then as I am now and was paying more in bills. I'd pay 30 bucks for it today. I think the price was only because of the fact that it was becoming retro and it is a shitstain game that has a wide appeal name on it so not many people cared to really buy the game and hang onto it with any care but then it got revived and tons of people gained interest in the series. It probably would cost more than 30 now. Tends to be that the last generation of console games are at their cheapest until they are not the last generation anymore. PS4/Xbox One games are probably just going to climb in price when next generation hits and this cycle continues and gets worse due to digital games sales until digital sales are the only option for any platform which just kills the second hand market of used games.
Okay but if you're a Billionaire, as well as a Fallout fan... why haven't you purchased the franchise from Bethesda (before your account was frozen of course)? And yes, I know this was a joke.

Who is a Fallout Tactics fan? Do those really exist? Seems like that would be a rare unicorn indeed.
My friend is the biggest tactics fan. It's his favorite, everytime we play he's talking about it. All his brotherhood of steel wasteland warfare teams are tactics inspired. He's always talking about going prone and shit.

Okay, so apparently the Brotherhood of Steel airship that was identified as "The Caswennan" in this Vanity Fair article back in November:
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2023/11/fallout-first-look

It turns out, it was actually The Prydwen all along! So does that mean they technically lied about it being a different airship? Or...?

:confused:

Oh, and as I was rereading this article, I came across this gem:
Lumii_20240415_124420308_1_1.jpg

Yep, even MORE historical revisionism in regards to who created the franchise! & the fact that none of the original creators were ever credited at all, REALLY speaks volumes to me.
Again, this is why I refuse to watch & support this show!

:jawdrop: :roll: :-?

Why? Does it make a difference?

PS: Always hated the airship.

Why? Does it make a difference?

PS: Always hated the airship.
Because the timeline is 9 years later from fo4 and Arthur was so important to the east coast brotherhood ( and west coast). Him just being gone and not mentioned is baffling since they referred to him almost as a Messiah like figure in 4.

Back