Fallout TV show coming 2024, featuring Vault 33 in Los Angeles

From the leaked trailer, there's Brotherhood in Fallout 4 style vertibirds wearing T-60 power armor. If they were going to set the show on the west coast they could've at very least tried matching the designs of existing objects and worldspaces there.

Yeah I also noticed the FO4/76 designs of the set photos and trailer. I can't say I'm surprised though because to a majority of people now Fallout looks like that. I just hope the ruins of LA look like the architecture found in the originals and not some rusty Jetsons city like Boston. Ugh it'll probably look like Boston.

It'll be interesting to see how the residents of Vault 33 have interacted with the people of the Boneyard and whether or not the Boneyard is even still a thing or not. From what I've seen though, it does seem to be trying to fill the gap between Fallout 2 and New Vegas maybe, showing the NCR-Brotherhood war, so they could retcon Boneyard out considering we've only seen them in Fallout 1, nearly 100 years prior.

The Boneyard is still canon by the time of New Vegas, there's a couple NPCs from Boneyard and Caesar himself was born near the Boneyard. While we haven't seen it since Fallout 1, it's still canon.

I'm hopeful this will get more people to look into the classics, but I'm somehow doubtful. I'd much prefer for them to screw up a TV show showing new content than try and remake the originals, add in their own retcons and make the remakes the canon definitive, which would just push the classics further into the ground.

Absolutely. Like I said earlier:
I guarantee you a remake of Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 would do far more damage to the franchise than this show could ever possibly dream of causing. At worst this show will be shit and forgotten about like the Halo show and time will move on, but a remake of Fallout 1 whether made directly by Bethesda or another company overseen by Bethesda will include retcons from Fallout 3, 4 , and 76 as well as copious amounts of changes to the originals. Not to mention it will become the definitive canon version of that game, meaning that the originals will be forgotten.

Wait a minute, now that I think about it the trailer also shows multiple nuclear explosions going off. Lol it's possible we're gonna see the destruction of the Boneyard and it's gonna wipe the slate clean for them to do a post-post-apocalyptic-apocalyptic show set in an LA that looks like the Divide.

For some reason that does feel like Bethesda...
People like this west coast stuff, even likes it more than our stuff...
What if we... Nuke it?

Yeah see I just don't buy it. BOS has a bunch of holes in the ground, and at soon enough after Fallout 2 they'd get into a war with the NCR. I just don't see how they would have the logistics or facilities to create Vertibirds. They'd have to fix old ones, dunno how many vertibirds are just lying around. NCR got some. Dunno how many BOS would have been able to nab. Not saying it's impossible, but I do suspect that it's just there for rule of cool and that there wasn't much thought behind it.
LOL sorry but you never watched X-Men I guess.

upload_2023-8-25_20-53-2.jpeg

If the BoS can walk across the country for no reason then they can design a hangar. I am willing to bet some vaults would have such things ready to go after the Fallout but they never designed the vaults as such because they were copy paste corridors even in the old games.

The Boneyard is still canon by the time of New Vegas, there's a couple NPCs from Boneyard and Caesar himself was born near the Boneyard. While we haven't seen it since Fallout 1, it's still canon.

I took a look at the replies on the tweet from Amazon Prime, and a lot of the Bethesda fans there don't even know the Boneyard exists, thinking it was completely destroyed in the Great War (someone even thought that Los Angeles was in the Divide and therefore should've been destroyed).

This makes me think that even if Bethesda does screw up the lore there, no one in the mainstream will really seem to notice which is sad. It's honesly disheartening to see people know so little about the classics even though the vast majority of content in the Bethesda games relies so heavily on the lore established there.

So I decided to give the image a once over for the supposed AI generated stuff and yeah I can't unsee this stuff now, here's a bunch of weird shit I've found on it.

2023-08-26 15.21.52 pbs.twimg.com b893c357bcfa.png

Ok, what is with the lightning on this geometrical structure? Why is a line of it suddenly lit up in the middle if the rest of it is in the shadow?

2023-08-26 15.22.02 pbs.twimg.com 999be5cc32b3.png

This one is aligned with the road but the top of it is not angled like the big orange block.

2023-08-26 15.22.10 pbs.twimg.com f4d74c2ea677.png

Why are there a bunch of geometrical shapes around anyway? What are these structures? The one in the background looks like a proper building but these things are just... Shapes...

2023-08-26 15.22.38 pbs.twimg.com 5bd98d2a4cfb.png

I'm guessing this is supposed to be like a taxi sign on a taxi's roof right? well, it's diagonally placed on the roof of the car. Has that 'ever' been a thing in the US?

2023-08-26 15.22.51 pbs.twimg.com 0f2774056715.png

The left part of this car just seems to be, I dunno, detached?

2023-08-26 15.23.14 pbs.twimg.com 8ea83a48f77e.png

This is the driver side window, why is it so tiny?

2023-08-26 15.23.50 pbs.twimg.com 915d9f3a3508.png

Why is the sidewalk in the middle of the separation of the road?

How god damn cheap can you be to use AI generation this sloppy for your promotional image?

I took a look at the replies on the tweet from Amazon Prime, and a lot of the Bethesda fans there don't even know the Boneyard exists, thinking it was completely destroyed in the Great War (someone even thought that Los Angeles was in the Divide and therefore should've been destroyed).

This makes me think that even if Bethesda does screw up the lore there, no one in the mainstream will really seem to notice which is sad. It's honesly disheartening to see people know so little about the classics even though the vast majority of content in the Bethesda games relies so heavily on the lore established there.
I had to explain to someone on YouTube that Fallout 1 featured LA and they tried telling me I was wrong lol.

Sure, if you want to have a boring LA where nothing but ghouls survived.

Adytum was one of my favorite towns in Fallout 1. The Regulators fucking over everyone and running the town under the Mayor’s nose, having to sneak and later clear out the Deathclaws, arming the Blades with Gun Runner weapons and freeing the town from the Regulators was so damn fun.

You thought Boneyard and Cathedral were boring?

Compared to what LA could have been it was pretty boring. It's boring because it was some RPG made in 98 so I don't give a shit anymore nothing excites me with Fallout 1-76.

The Cathedral was fine though. I did not recall it being in LA tbh.

Compared to what LA could have been it was pretty boring. It's boring because it was some RPG made in 98 so I don't give a shit anymore nothing excites me with Fallout 1-76.

The Cathedral was fine though. I did not recall it being in LA tbh.
I like the way it was handled. By not giving LA a ton of sightseeing crap it instead showed that the world of post-apocalyptica doesn't care, what matters is survival and their own politics. The world we knew it as is gone, it's nuked and a new civilization is born that is utilizing whatever scrap they can of the old world, picking it apart like scavengers. The fact that it wasn't more of a highlight shows how the world of Fallout has moved on. Something that Bethesda's Fallouts doesn't seem to understand...

Cathedral was just below Boneyard btw, like two squares south, so it's in LA as well. ;)

Adytum was one of my favorite towns in Fallout 1. The Regulators fucking over everyone and running the town under the Mayor’s nose, having to sneak and later clear out the Deathclaws, arming the Blades with Gun Runner weapons and freeing the town from the Regulators was so damn fun.
Exactly! There's loads of different factions living among the ruins. It's a pretty cool area.

Yeah see I just don't buy it. BOS has a bunch of holes in the ground, and at soon enough after Fallout 2 they'd get into a war with the NCR. I just don't see how they would have the logistics or facilities to create Vertibirds. They'd have to fix old ones, dunno how many vertibirds are just lying around. NCR got some. Dunno how many BOS would have been able to nab. Not saying it's impossible, but I do suspect that it's just there for rule of cool and that there wasn't much thought behind it.
They would drink some Bawls Guarana™ and get stronger like Popeye

Wait a minute, now that I think about it the trailer also shows multiple nuclear explosions going off. Lol it's possible we're gonna see the destruction of the Boneyard and it's gonna wipe the slate clean for them to do a post-post-apocalyptic-apocalyptic show set in an LA that looks like the Divide.
Chris Avellone fully erect. Hide the bpd con-girls.

So I decided to give the image a once over for the supposed AI generated stuff and yeah I can't unsee this stuff now, here's a bunch of weird shit I've found on it.

View attachment 27585
Ok, what is with the lightning on this geometrical structure? Why is a line of it suddenly lit up in the middle if the rest of it is in the shadow?

View attachment 27586
This one is aligned with the road but the top of it is not angled like the big orange block.

View attachment 27587
Why are there a bunch of geometrical shapes around anyway? What are these structures? The one in the background looks like a proper building but these things are just... Shapes...

View attachment 27588
I'm guessing this is supposed to be like a taxi sign on a taxi's roof right? well, it's diagonally placed on the roof of the car. Has that 'ever' been a thing in the US?

View attachment 27589
The left part of this car just seems to be, I dunno, detached?

View attachment 27590
This is the driver side window, why is it so tiny?

View attachment 27591
Why is the sidewalk in the middle of the separation of the road?

How god damn cheap can you be to use AI generation this sloppy for your promotional image?
Oh and you forgot the three legged lady behind The Vault Boy:
Lumii_20230827_164038017.jpg

:roffle: :roffle: :roffle:

:-D

Back