Feeding freinds with chems & drugs

Sorkvild

First time out of the vault
I was wondering if for example Sulik is suffering withdrawal effects after consuming a jet and some buffouts. Do they ever get "addict status" like player and suffer lowered stats or something ?
And finally can I safely feed them with drugs to increase their combat effectiveness ?

Yes.
No, there will be withdrawal effects sooner or later. Still fun to do with some followers like Myron.

I never use drugs on my permanent companions. However, I do use them on myself and all temporary allies.

For instance, one simple method I devised of protecting Grisham's pasture is to simply give one cow 2 Buffout and 1 Psycho (Jet optional). Due to some flaw in the programming, giving one critter drugs on a map makes all critters of the same type get the effect (and the drawbacks if you wait a few hours).

This kind of breaks the game, but if you do it in certain ways, it can be amazingly funny. I used an elite fighting force of cows to slaughter a pack of wolves, for god's sake. The cows attacked 4 times a turn for over 10 damage sometimes, and took very little damage in return.

Using them on enemies can also make certain fights a piece of cake. Using 2 Jet and any amount of Buffout on one of Metzger's guards, then waiting about 6 hours, turns them all into sitting ducks with 1 AP.

I barely used drugs on Fallout games.

Only buffout when I was too lazy to walk overcumbered until I find a container or mentats for extra intelligence.

But yes the drug glitch mentioned by Jet and Cookies can be funny and useful.

Back