FO2 Graphics Upgrade Patch (FO2GUP)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Wild_qwerty, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Dude101

Dude101 Vault Fossil
    Modder

Aug 3, 2005
    Yes, thats the idea. Dominion and the graphics mod are supposed to be released together. The chances of that happening within the next year is slim IMO.

2. Oracle

Oracle Water Chip? Been There, Done That

May 19, 2003
    I sorry to hear that, However I'm glad you guys did deliver an actual number of translated mods out here. We should be thankfull for that!

3. Wild_qwerty

Wild_qwerty Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 2, 2004
    For the record this is not "the graphics mega mod" it the "graphics upgrade patch" I think they are two different mods. And I'll probably never actually get this patch done :(

4. voodzia

voodzia It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 27, 2005
    @Wild_qwerty
    why's that?

@Dude101
    i hope that this "teaser" will be compatible with killap's restoration project?

5. Fallven

Fallven First time out of the vault

Aug 18, 2008
    is this mod still alive?
    i want to join your group,i can make 3d models of weapons, u can render them,take a screenshot and fit to fallout format >.>
    pls say me on fallven@gmail.com
    btw i've already those guns

pancor jackhammer(needs new texture for magazine)
    alien blaster (some new texture would be good but current is also ok)
    FnFal
    Gauss gun (beta :)
    hkCaws
    light support weapon
    shotgun ;)
    and sniper rifle (needs completly new textures but model is ok)

6. Wild_qwerty

Feb 2, 2004
    I haven't really proceeded any further with this mod yet, but as new art is made for other mods I have been adding it to the build.

If you want to help out that would be great, but the biggest upgrade is going to be the hardest. We need to modify the appearance of the MKII version of the players armour.

So a MKII leather jacket has two sleves, a MKII leather armour is more of brown colour etc...

I haven't given up on this but I'm not actively pushing it forward. One day I'll try and convince Continuum to make all those new critters *hint* *hint*

So if you want to make new art that would be cool :)

7. Mr.Wolna

Mr.Wolna Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 15, 2007
    i have made a black power armor for the plaxer times ago.

meaby can use for the pa MK II

8. Wild_qwerty

Feb 2, 2004
    Did you complete all the FRMs? I'd need a complete set. It could be used for the MKI Hardened Power armour.

Did you ever think of converting FO2's black MKII power armour into the silver colour of the original Power armour?

9. Mr.Wolna

Nov 15, 2007
    Yes there are ready and works ingame all complete frms.

And i wantet use for the Hardnet Pwer Armor,too.
    There ist only one little Problem, the weapons are darker,Here the original: (you can see it very good on the rifle)

edit: look

10. Wild_qwerty

Feb 2, 2004
    Yes, I noticed that the weapons are darker, but unless you want to pixel edit each image an automatic conversion is best.

But I think you can do a little bit better by scripting a find and replace colour command. you would need to set it up so each colour in that particular shade all got changed but nothing else. I'm sure some photoshop wiz could tell us how.

11. Mr.Wolna

Nov 15, 2007
    I have upload the frms,fell free to use!

12. Mr.Wolna

Nov 15, 2007
    hm is this project dead? because i am very intresting to made new looks for the MK II Armors! We should make a NMA Community project, we have many talented 2d/3d artist here!

13. thefalloutfan

thefalloutfan Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 17, 2008
  14. Hopper

Hopper First time out of the vault

Sep 4, 2010
    Hmm, too bad, the mod is dead, i've got many stuff and ideas to give, but if the mod is dead, he's dead.

Wild should found the mod graphics, they looks friggin' sweet, especially for the alternate Skynet model.

Let's keep hopping!