FOnline second open test started

For any members of the unity, I was triyng to join, the iniciation ceremony was about to begin when i lost connection to the server and for now i can't join again. My in-game character name is Uriel.
I would still like to join the Unity when i can get back. PRAISE THE MASTER.

And also, has anyone experienced any troubles with game because my computer never gave me any troubles and since i downloaded the game (today), my computer froze like 4 times already. That never happens.

aXXo said:
..I would still like to join the Unity when i can get back..

..And also, has anyone experienced any troubles with game..

I'll make sure and contact them about your initiation when I get on later. That is, if the servers are up then.

As for trouble, no. Everything seems to be running just fine for me.

Praise the Master!

Same here, the servers are rather stable. Never was disconnected while ingame. Couldn't login for a few hours yesterday but that's all. All in all I'm really impressed !

And yeah, I wish all players were roleplaying like the Unity folks. It would make FOnline quite a great game !

I have to say I'm enjoying the experience too, tough the game still has to be improved. I joined the Unity and it's a lot of fun if you behave like you should with your character.

Hmm, the server seems to be down again.. I mean the .111 server

I can't connect to either server right now... Oh well, I just keep getting killed by dogs and stuff anyway, so it's not like I'm missing much...

OXeN said:
Goin' to a nice lil' place, getting pwnd by some random guy.
Respawning, trying to get a radio, getting pwnd by some random guy.
Going to the cathedral, getting pwnd by some random guy.
Still stuck alone because I have no radio, trying to xp a bit, getting pwnd by a molerat.
Found a leather jacket, killed soon by an enclave raid.
Trying to do some quests, can't understand anything.

Exciting stuff.

Don't forget that lovely turret that kills you on respawn.

Then again, why don't you guys join the Unity ?!

The game is insanely hard if you try to go freelance. It's not even really funny. However, as soon as you join a group it becomes interesting, especially since the Unity players are roleplaying, not just PKing..

MrBumble said:
Then again, why don't you guys join the Unity ?!

The game is insanely hard if you try to go freelance. It's not even really funny. However, as soon as you join a group it becomes interesting, especially since the Unity players are roleplaying, not just PKing..

If I wanted to roleplay as Unity, I would. Still, progress is being made. Almost hit Level 2 with $4 to boot.

The turret is stupid thing in the game. I tried to go 100 times or more, I will do not play this game again if the turret exists.

Man, right when it was picking up. I got disconnected while traveling to Redding. Good thing I got off'd in the wasteland, not in some town. First server seems to be down for me.

The trick to the turret is to walk along one of the walls (don't run) and just go around the corner. Took me forever to figure it out. Running just gets you killed since it stops you when you get targeted. I do agree that it should be removed though. Damn annoying...

Well, the only time the turret is dangerous is the station with TWO turrets near the exit, that one requires l33t sneak skills.

But I can escape from most turrets, there's a basic tactic:

Okay here`s the ultimate "How to avoid the turret" - guide: (by SimpleComplexity of the RPG Codex)
1. Make sure the turret is not in fightning position => keep an eye on the turret on how it is animated.
2. Position yourself on the left corner or the right corner in front of the gate/walls you have to pass through.
3. If you see the turret is not ready, it means now is a good moment to click on the other side of the gate. If you started at the left, walk left. Now the turret goes into fighting position, before it can shoot you just need to to walk behind the wall.
4. Done (Hint: Punching other players makes the turret angry.)

Also, any bluesuits (noobs) watch out for Vertul. He's crazy and kills people for radios. And watch out for the Crazy Redding Shooter, if he's still alive and armed. He killed me and a lot of people in Redding before going away. Good thing he thought I was just another stupid bluesuit, or he would've looted me.

Whoa, so I take it it's a good thing I didn't make it to redding :lol:

Is the game working for everyone else? Is the connection problem only on my side?

Back