Fu**ing Hell Beer!

Starseeker

Vault Senior Citizen
http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,686305,00.html

The EU's trademarks authority has permitted a German firm to brew beer and produce clothing under the name "Fucking Hell". It may be an expletive in English, but in German it could refer to a light ale -- Hell -- from the Austrian town of Fucking. Whether it will be brewed there is another question.

The European Union trademarks authority has permitted a German firm to register the brand name "Fucking Hell" for a new beer, much to the irritation of the Austrian village of Fucking.

In English, the term "Fucking Hell" is just an expletive used to express irritation or surprise. In German, it could refer to a light ale from Fucking in Upper Austria, because "Hell" is a term for light ale in southern Germany and Austria.

So, what's in a name, really?

Would you buy a F##king Hell beer or clothes?

Hahahaha, oh boy, sometimes these straight and innocent coincidences are the funniest jokes.

Imagine asking that in a bar, "Barkeep, one Fucking Hell please."

It loses all his "magic" in german. I couldn't imagine talking to the barkeeper: "Ey, mach mal zwei Fucking Hell!" :D

Damn that would be one manly drink if it ever came out.
Can't see it being on the shelves of any English speaking countries though.

haha, that is awesome. I'd too make that my standard beer. hope to be able to try one sometime.

2724508762_8b521b7578.jpg

Sadly, beers that resort to this kind of marketing often suck donkey dick.

"Ah, Fucking Hell, I love you!"
"Gross, man! Are you a fag or something?"
"I was talking about the bee-"
"Get the fuck out."
"But-"

I'd probably try it out. I like to try different beers and whatnot. And it might be a cool bottle to have. Good conversation starter. For a conversation that would last about 30 seconds.

"Hey check this out."

"What is it?"

"A beer."

"Oh."

the photo of this restaurant reminded me of something Russell Peters talked about in one of his shows... anyone know who the guy is? anyway, he mentioned a vietnamese (i think) restaurant called "Pho Phuk Lai" and how he called them just to hear the guy answering the phone say the name of the place :D

Back