General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

This has been the worst Christmas I have ever had for video games. I am struggling to find something new to play for the first Christmas in memory. I remember the Christmas when Metal Gear Solid came out. Classic. But for the life of me I can't play MGS anymore. The game is amazing, but I find it to be so dated when compared to MGS4. I would play MGS4 but I don't have a PS3 anymore which brings me to my next "bitch" of the day: Why the fuck don't they make MGS4 for the XBOX 360 already?

I would play MGS4 but I don't have a PS3 anymore which brings me to my next "bitch" of the day: Why the fuck don't they make MGS4 for the XBOX 360 already?

Because obviously PS3 is the current platform of choice for the distribution of Japanese games at home and abroad. That was quite clear from the start, actually.

I'm on vacations at my dad's home, at there's only a Mega Drive over here. I'm spending my time playing Shining Force (I remember I spent hours playing this game as a kid), and Aerobiz Supersonic.

UncannyGarlic said:
Been playing Batman: Arkham Asylum...

The best super hero game out there. Haven't played Arkham City yet but it seems to be GOTY for a lot of people who have played it.

TorontRayne said:
I am struggling to find something new to play for the first Christmas in memory.

I am playing No More Heroes: Heroes Paradaise. It really tests your skills. It may seem boring at first but the more you progress, the more it gets interesting and challenging.

Ausdoerrt said:
I would play MGS4 but I don't have a PS3 anymore which brings me to my next "bitch" of the day: Why the fuck don't they make MGS4 for the XBOX 360 already?

Because obviously PS3 is the current platform of choice for the distribution of Japanese games at home and abroad. That was quite clear from the start, actually.

I know that but a MGS compilation was just released for 360 without MGS4! It had Peacewalker but not MGS4! Fuck Peacewalker and give me MGS4. I know they have always been a Sony staple, but all the other titles have been eventually ported over, and it just gets a bit irritating. MGS4 was one of the best games I played in over 10 years, so I am a bit agitated that I have to go buy another PS3 after my old one crapped out, when I specifcally bought the old one JUST FOR MGS4! So I'm thinking "Will they ever release it for 360 or do I have to buy another PS3?"

TorontRayne said:
I know that but a MGS compilation was just released for 360 without MGS4! It had Peacewalker but not MGS4! Fuck Peacewalker and give me MGS4. I know they have always been a Sony staple, but all the other titles have been eventually ported over, and it just gets a bit irritating. MGS4 was one of the best games I played in over 10 years, so I am a bit agitated that I have to go buy another PS3 after my old one crapped out, when I specifcally bought the old one JUST FOR MGS4! So I'm thinking "Will they ever release it for 360 or do I have to buy another PS3?"

Really? I didn't personally like MGS4 much. MGS3 is still my favorite of the series. What type of games are you wanting to play?

I got Splinter Cell Double Agent from a friend when I told him I wished more games were based around sneaking.

so far it is very good.

EDIT: thought the title was conviction for some odd reason.

maximaz said:
TorontRayne said:

Really? I didn't personally like MGS4 much. MGS3 is still my favorite of the series. What type of games are you wanting to play?

I'm playing through MGS3 a little now. It is a bit tedious at times, but I like it. I played up to the tower ladder scene last time. I'm not sure how far that is in the game. I am looking for good PC games at the moment. Civilization 5 is one of my favorites. I really liked Medieval 2 a few years back especially with mods. Anyone tried Fallen Earth?

TorontRayne said:
Starseeker said:
I went back to Bayonetta and unlocked Bracelet of Time, Eternal Testimony, Bazillions, Pillow Talk and Climax Bracelet.

Damn, my fingers hurt..

Now I need to save up 11 million Halos for a platinum ticket so Rodin can go to space and be a space marine. Since there is no way for me to actually know how much I've spent, I guess I'll just keep on saving. I also want to unlock Soi Fong as well, but 100 chapters are a bit much. The producer/director weren't kidding when he said that he wanted a game that makes your fingers bleed...

I love that game, but the difficulty kicks my ass on anything other than easy. I could never afford any of the good upgrades. The one complaint I have about Bayonetta is the fucking music. That shit is horrible, but the rest of the game is awesome.

You can mute the music using the ingame options. A lot of music is a remake of late 80s and early 90s old Sega 8 bit tracks though, so they were pretty rough.

If you beat the game on easy, you can get a Immortal Marionette. That accessory can help you finish your combos so there are no misses. Once you unlock it, you can use it on any other modes.

The game isn't easy but if you don't care about the style or scores (like getting pure platinum), you can fudge your way through most of the game. Stack some meds (the green lolipop, making it by collecting green bits), and get enough money to buy Selene's Light. SL will give you free Witch Time as soon as you are hit. You will still lose health, but free Witch Time can pretty much get you out of most jams.

A good weapon combination is the sword + Durga (lightening) combo. Shuraba is a insanely strong weapon if you know how to abuse it. The Iai move is very strong with a good range. As for other combat tips, after getting the cougar/animal form, you can always just run away from the enemies and shoot them from afar. Most enemies won't be able to beat your speed in animal form.

Personally, unless you really want to unlock stupid things like I do, i.e. Rodin and Sai Fung, beating the game on normal will give you most of the fun stuff. The different costumes and various other fun things in the extras.

The road to unlocking Sai Fung is really kicking my arse at the moment, seeing as how these days I can't really feel my thumbs anymore. :crazy: :wink:

So I'm thinking "Will they ever release it for 360 or do I have to buy another PS3?"

Naturally, they'll announce it as soon as you give in and buy a PS3 :P

I've given up on new games and bought NWN2 while it was on sale on Steam. A great way to spend $5, I say. Having lots of fun with the game, despite "breaking" it twice so far - once with an item that makes my character overpowered when it's not supposed to, and once when the game decided to duplicate all the bag contents of a certain character... In Act III of the OC, not looking forward to the final dungeon, but maybe I'll do better this time. After that, on to MOTB, then might try out that IWD conversion mod...

Ausdoerrt said:
So I'm thinking "Will they ever release it for 360 or do I have to buy another PS3?"

Naturally, they'll announce it as soon as you give in and buy a PS3 :P

That is what I am afraid of. I think I will wait for my 360 to die.

Anno 2070, very addictive and amazing game especially now that I'm starting to get a little better at it.

Only real (huge) downside is the crazy DRM / Ubi server. We just lost a good half hour of MP advancement thanks to the Ubi server going offline in the background.

Fancied playing old Diablo 2 again, now that the thid is apparently not far off. Install works like a charm... until I try to get into Battle.Net and it tells me my CD key has been disabled or some shit. I search a bit in the tech support forums and such, and apparently it means it's been hacked by some jerk and they deactivated it as a result. Only solution if I want to play online? Buy a new copy.

Well fuck you Blizzard. I'm not going to pay 40$ (the price of the Battle Chest, the game with the expansion) to play a game I already own because your security is lousy. I guess I will just play single-player. Druid or Assassin, probably. Any build suggestions?

Killing Dragons with my 2 daggers in Skyrim and hoping to finish it before I get bored enough to uninstall it in the middle of main quest. Oh wait...I need to kill another dragon, yes I completely forgot that's basically the only option that's left for me now.

Why did I choose to try this over Witcher 2 I wonder...

Well fuck you Blizzard. I'm not going to pay 40$ (the price of the Battle Chest, the game with the expansion) to play a game I already own because your security is lousy. I guess I will just play single-player.

If you've got buddies who play it as well, do LAN sessions like the good old times :wink:

Why did I choose to try this over Witcher 2 I wonder...

Why indeed, not sure what you expected really...

After defeating some galaxies in Master of Orion 2, I have switched to another 4X strategy. Now Russian cossacs and English redcoats are conquering the countries once again in Sid Meier's Civilization 4.

SS:BFE is/was on sale, so I grabbed it. Man, I miss chainsaw and other little things, but overall it's a goddamn good game, and is finally getting crazy-ish after 2 dull stages. Not quite SS:SE level, probably more like SS:FE, but definitely miles and miles above SS2, now we can enjoy this one and pretend SS2 never happened. :|

I do like how they toughened certain enemies, like Arachnids and bulls. Though that will probably even out a bit once they let me have the big guns. Unlike the earlier games, they don't let you have the murderous sniper early on... Taking on the rather increased in size rocket-ceraptor (or wtf its name is) with just a slow shotgun and pistol was epic.

I hope they get me out of the whole "ruined urban background" soon, though. Yeah yeah, I got it, now let me a Egyptian ruins and shit. It's like, there's awesome map design (like the classics) for the main objects, but no, you have to slog through a maze of semi-ruined streets beforehand, and I get completely lost there ALL the time. NOT fun, I wanna shoot stuff, not walk around aimlessly trying to figure out where I came from and where I need to go (and yeah every "room" looks almost exactly the same.

Bah, I should stop ranting tho, game's really good so far. Anyone up for some co-op?

Me and a chum brought it yesterday as well (got a crap connection so it's still installing) but it does look good.
My main beef is the lack of tommy guns as I used those things against everything and I've never liked modern day assault rifles (M16 is closest I'll get) so I'll probably use the shotties a lot more this time.
Then again Canned Cain (the Doom/GoW ripoff) is my fave multiplayer character and he's in it so I guess it balances out. :V

On Anno 2070, down with Uplay servers! Wait that would mean they wouldn't work... up with Uplay servers!
Or it could as least save and notify us when it dies.

Well yeah, that's what I meant by "little things". Like hammer vs chainsaw, Desert Eagle vs S&W, assault rifle vs tommy gun. The shotties are more "modern" as well (the one I got anyway). But well, sign of the times, I guess. I haven't made it to the assault rifle yet, so not sure how I'll like it, but the pistol certainly feels a lot more useless.

BTW, it's quite funny that Croateam finally gave in and made (retconned, really) an explanation for how the headless kamikaze can scream.

Back