Getting Started. Extract the tiles, entites and sprites etc.

Yes, I have read it. 3 times to be exact. I zip it, un-zip it, and no mater how many times I've done it I can never get the files in the editor.

P.S. Sorry for getting back so late, Haven't checked the internet in a while

Major help with FOT editor!

I have no idea how to use it. At first it appears easy, but when I sit down I can't do a thing. How do I create characters or place walls and characters? I'm really stuffed. Is there an online manual or turorial available? :(

Making maps?

How do I get the tiles and objects? I can't seem to get the basic tools to make any levels. I've only just installed the program, is there something I need to do first?

Alright, I'll cut it down a bit... You need to extract all the files from the BOS files. (which are really just uncompressed ZIP files so you can open them with WinZIP and the such).

The tactics editor is really easy to use. Do you thoroughly understand the EDITOR README?

I just posted a link to some handy topics here.

Have you extracted your .BOS files for a start?

If you have any questions, PM me or one of the authors of the tutorials.

The NMA thing just explains how to set it all up and unpack the .BOS files.

More useful stuff can be found here They will explain how to make a simple map.

good luck!

Sorry guys it seems I'm just ignorant. I've unzipped everything. Answer me this, how on the map maker can I load the tile set?

The tutorial at http://www.nma-fallout.com/content.php?page=fot-editors-part1 explains how to set it up with the -path command.

Are you sure you did what the readme says.

1) Launch WinZip
2) Drag-drop the .bos file from explorer into the WinZip window.
3) Type Ctrl+A to select all files
4) Press the extract button on the toolbar
5) A dialog should appear. Make sure use folder names is checked. Make sure
the output directory is the core folder inside your tactics install path.
6) Press extract.

If you repeat this process for each of the .bos files mentioned above, you
should now be able to access the tiles and entities and campaign from the
editors.

If you do that correctly you should just have to select the tiles tab and all the folders should be there.

I heard there is a program...(FOT Editor related)

That unpacks the .BOS files for you. Is this true? If so, can someone give me a link to it?

To tell you the truth, I really don't know. I just heard that there is a program that makes the whole unzipping process easier, so I thought I'd ask about it.

yeah theya re just rar files..no point in a prgoram besides WinRAR..its free to download..(somewhere..sorry..no link)
what i do is right click on em...then go to Openwith and select winrar...
easy to do after that..i associate all .bos files with winRAR now

Just open up WinZip and drag the .bos files in. It will automatically unpack them. I always thought they were .zip files...

If you just want to look at an individual BOS file you can open it in Winzip as The.Horde said, but if you want to extract all the files the program you're thinking of is Booster.

If you need to save drive space and use the booster to delete the BOS files after you've extracted them, you'll need to create an empty version of spr-sprites_0.bos to run the game. You can create a BOS folder by making a zip file and then renaming the extension '.BOS'.

Once you've unpacked everything reapply the patch as the patched files would of been overwritten.

Back