Glittering Gems of Hatred

I started typing a little reply, but I realized I have no idea what your point is. What is your point, please?

I think his point is that there isn't a lot of Post-Apoc stuff these days, so we should take what we can get.

Then he uses the word genre a million times, alluding to the setting, while completely missing the fact that genre applies to gameplay too.

PiddlyD said:
So, let me get this straight... you're basically claiming that the complaints about Fallout 3 go much further than the surface view - that there is a deeper psychological scar among the fallout community that goes far deeper than complaints about the change from an isometric view to a pseudo-FPS perspective? And that this really goes back to how Interplay mishandled the franchise and alienated the fanbase by taking the franchise and tanking it with the Tactics and BoS titles?

More or less... right? I mean, I saw some other complaints in there, for sure - but that is a fairly accurate synopsis?

No, that's not accurate at all.

Besides, this article was from before anything was known, really, and was a general musing on the state of the franchise and its fandom. It really isn't directly applicable to where we're at now, knowing Fallout 3 is simply not a real sequel in any sense of the word.

Is it a satisfactory game for general open-world lovers or general post-apocalypse lovers? I guess. But that's not really a relevant question

I imagine somewhere along the line someone at Berth. floated the idea of Fallout 3 as much because they were a FAN

Well, if you are right, I hope that person is properly ashamed of himself at the moment. Like, finger on a trigger ashamed.

Although despite all their pre-release whining and complaining, I've got a feeling quite a few of the naysayers are quiet right now because they're real busy exploring the shattered remains of a post-nuclear D.C.

Yeah and discovering that the truth is even worse than what it seemed before. Everything that was predicted before hand, knowing Bethesda's trackrecord, has come true.

And if I have to choose between nothing and shit, I'd prefer nothing, thank you very much.

Only good thing thats worthy of celebration is that seemingly Bethesda has improved their work from Oblivion. So if they can continue on that line...

Back