Going after the dealers

Discussion in 'Fallout: New Vegas Discussion' started by MutantScalper, Feb 5, 2015.

1. MutantScalper

MutantScalper Мутанты не допускаются

Nov 22, 2009
    Obviously spoilers ahead.

I'm now completing some quests for Jack and Diane of the Khans and they include saving a dealer called Anders. Found him crucified but decided I'll kill him. Had fun torturing him. Now I'm kind of on a quest to kill of all the dealers in the game. Doesn't seem to increase my karma or anything, would be nice if there was a Charles Bronson/Dirty Harry - type quest, "Make My Day, Punk" where you'd wipe out all the dealers or something. Wonder if this is possible anyway, or do I have to let at least some of them live.

2. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    You can kill any character in New Vegas.

3. 5545Trey

5545Trey Underground Deviant

Jun 25, 2014
    With the exception of children.

4. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    There is a mod for that.

5. 5545Trey

Jun 25, 2014
    Yes, but children are still unkillable in the vanilla game. I am meaning the console versions and the unmodded PC version.

6. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Well that doesn't really need clarification. When I literally said a mod is needed for that it's implied it can't be done in the vanilla game....

7. 5545Trey

Jun 25, 2014
    We both basically implied the same exact statement, then.

8. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    I implied, you made a redundant statement :V

9. 5545Trey

Jun 25, 2014
    If you are using redundant as a term of telling me that I made the statement that was no longer needed or useful, then I could easily say your "there's a mod for that" post is as redundant as mine because it was also not needed.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  10. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    No you.

11. MutantScalper

Nov 22, 2009
    Well, I'm actually sort of trying to protect the children from the dealers. That's why I'm killing them. The dealers that is.

For example I kill Anders and lie about it I don't get the reward caps but I sell his clothes and get at least some caps. Plus I got to ice him. With a flamethrower, when he was still crucified. Good game bros.

12. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    Why on earth would you want to protect kids from the dealers?

13. MutantScalper

Nov 22, 2009
    To steer them clear of a life of drug use, what else? Think of it as a kind of role-playing take on FONV.

Anyway, I'm proceeding with my own dealer quest even if I dont' get any reward for it.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    The Khans sell to big time gangs. not so much to kids or vagrants. They do supply the Fiends, so it's good to partake in the Fallout tradition of kicking the Khans' ass.

15. Byzantine

Byzantine Sink me in the ocean.

Sep 4, 2014
    I suppose the satisfaction of killing them is its own reward. What do you do with their drugs, though? Chuck them? Torch them? Keep them for yourself?

16. MutantScalper

Nov 22, 2009
    Well I might sell them to a trader, an NCR one (not Contreras), so they might be most likely destroyed. Interesting the NCR doesn't seem to have an anti-drug mission or quest that I could complete. Oh well.

Edit. Actually I already ratted out on Contreras so, that's that. Didn't like his activities, or his attitude. Wonder what was in his special stash that I didn't get to see?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  17. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    It was guns. He was selling non approved NCR weapons in a secret society with the gun runners and others.