Good Old Games celebrates their first anniversary

Tagaziel

Panzerkatze
Orderite
Good Old Games, the Polish digital distribution service for gaming classic is celebrating their first anniversary and invite gamers to celebrate with them, as they offer a special deal on Interplay's catalogue: buy one game, get another free.<blockquote>We're celebrating the one-year anniversary of our Early Access Beta launch with a rerun of our "Buy 1, Get 1 Free" Interplay promo! From now until Tuesday, September 8 at 11:59 p.m. EDT you can buy any game from the Interplay catalogue and get another absolutely free! To take advantage of the promo just select the games you want from the list above. You have to place order on games in pairs ex. two, four... ten games in one order, to get half of them for free.</blockquote>
Link: GOG.com First Anniversary Promo

All hail bntest.

It's a shame they don't have rights to sell Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale titles.

Bewitched said:
It's a shame they don't have rights to sell Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale titles.

They are owned by ATARI so promo would not cover then even if they had the games onboard. But yes, it's shame they are not available, especially as they are among the most wanted games in GOG. I have them all except IWD1 but would most likely buy each at some point to make playing more convenient.

Also a shame that Infinity Engine games don't run to well on Nvidia 8000 series graphics cards. :(

Well brought MDK and Fallout 2 (the only unscratched version I have of that is round a friends house, the other two don't work so well) for £3.50 so a pretty nice deal.

May get Sacrifice and something (mebbe MDK 2) later.

Also a shame that Infinity Engine games don't run to well on Nvidia 8000 series graphics cards.

I've got an 8600 GT, if you turn hardware acceleration down a notch or two it gets rid of all those spell effect artifacts and what not. Just played through torment without a problem.

I tried that with my 8600gts but the game slowed down too much. Reading forums it appears to be pretty random wether it works or not.

Hell no. Multiplayer is optional but fun as hell.

Best damn RTS I've played in a long time.

Dopemine Cleric said:
Hell no. Multiplayer is optional but fun as hell.

Best damn RTS I've played in a long time.

We played it a bit when it was actually new... didn't captivate then obviously cos' i don't remember much of it anymore.

Sacrifice is the only game besides Fallout 1 that I can play infinitely without boredom (and I'm talking about single player only, with multiplayer it gets even better). I really recommend it. Giants is great too.

Earthworm Jim! What a classic, i used to play it in my good ol' Sega Genesis. Funny as hell (or heck!) and really challenging. Two thumbs up for that one. Giants was fantastic, too ('cause me balls are saggy... LOL!)

UnidentifiedFlyingTard said:
Evil Genius has nothing to do with Interplay...
Sure it does. Herve Caen is obviously an evil genius.

Well, Herve Caen is obviously evil.

I keep reading good things about Gothic II everywhere i go.

I'm going to have to get it.

Guess i better go recharge the old debit card.

Back