Goodbye ugly Pipboy

Discussion in 'Fallout 3 and New Vegas Modding' started by mobucks, Nov 2, 2010.

1. PowahAwemah

PowahAwemah First time out of the vault

Jun 5, 2010
    :roll:

2. Little Robot

Little Robot sup Orderite

Sep 29, 2010
    Original PIPboy was also worn aroun the arm/wrist, iirc. There is a least one character in FO1 who offers to mark towns on "that thing on your wrist" and the manual also mentions that it is worn on the arm.

EDIT: I read again and it looks like although FO1 and 2 PIPboy is worn on wrist, this is very uncommon.
    I have NV on Xbox but if this turns out so awesome I may buy the PC version (and for other mods, etc, but this may tip me over the edge)

3. BunkerBud

BunkerBud It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 12, 2008
    http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Pip-Boy_2000

Btw, I'm pretty stoked for release of pip-boy 2500 that was linked to earlier in thead.

4. Zeronet

Zeronet It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 26, 2003
    He needs to fix the texture, he's using Vault Boy : (

5. Little Robot

Sep 29, 2010
    Yes I know, it's so unbelievably good. I had always hoped that something like this would happen.

6. BunkerBud

BunkerBud It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 12, 2008
  7. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    I don't want to be a party pooper - but the guy should have textured it better, with speculation and diffusion...as is, it looks too flat, but in-game it might be a different story.

8. sea

sea Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 5, 2009
    Best mod ever. Thank you!

9. EdisLeado

EdisLeado First time out of the vault

Dec 20, 2010
    Please check out the latest release! I am continuing to work on the skin to make it authentically 'Fallout'. :)

If you guys want, feel free to give me some ideas on what you would like to see as alternate textures for the 2500.

10. Little Robot

Sep 29, 2010
    Woah, hey, are you the person behind the mod? If so, great work! :clap:

I haven't been able to get that prerequisite mod to work on my computer actually-- it's weird. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that NV will only work in Compatibility mode, who knows. So I haven't gotten a chance to check it out yet. It's pretty sweet though, I love just looking at those pictures of it!

11. EdisLeado

Dec 20, 2010
    Yep, that's me. :) Much thanks for the support. I'm hoping to get this mod out to more people -- Not many know about it unfortunately.

Hopefully you can get the mod working. I've been able to get it to work on my crappy laptop so you should definitely be able to get it working on your computer. You sure you've got everything installed? NVSE and so on?

12. Little Robot

Sep 29, 2010
    NVSE was what I meant by the prerequisite mod, I think-- for some reason it just didn't work out I guess. Even though I installed it, the PIPboy fix just changed it to a "blank hand," if you understand me.

13. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Can someone tell me how to remove that mod?
    It's nice and all, but I want to see what the Pimpboy looks like :D
    The problem is that FOMM didn't work for some reason, so I installed it manually.
    Of course, now I'm unable to retrace all the steps, so does maybe someone know which files to edit and which to delete?

14. EdisLeado

Dec 20, 2010
    The uninstallation procedure is in the readme and on the Pip-Boy 2500 page on the Nexus.

Also, I've updated the skin yet again. It's much neater now. Check it out!

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38844

15. Alvarez

Alvarez It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 5, 2009
    I have a problem.

(Solved: Uninstalled the mod by deletting all the meshes, needed to read the manual more carefully)

16. Makenshi

Makenshi Ahoy, ye salty dogs!

Jul 28, 2006
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

Your mod is kicks all kind of ass, and definitely should be part of any compilation (should any be done).

Really, NV is a good game, light years better than FO3. Should the engine just be a bit better...

17. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
  18. Albatross_Ross

Albatross_Ross First time out of the vault

Jul 18, 2012
    Balls to them both!! Pimp-Boy FTW :)

19. canju351

canju351 First time out of the vault

Jul 25, 2012
    Sweet. Whoever says, classic stuff is the real stuff.

20. SnapSlav

SnapSlav NMA's local DotA fanatic

Jul 1, 2012
    That looks sweet. About the only problem I have with it is the way the player character's hand is "holding" the Pip-Boy 2500, which just doesn't look natural. About 70 degrees counter clockwise with a tiny amount of overlap from the thumb, and it'd be perfect.

But that's a tiny gripe. 2500 mod with Classic Font and a few other tweaks? Happy sailing for a long, long time... =)