Graphics

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Azrael-Arkangel, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Pipboy2000

Pipboy2000 Companion to the Last Proton
    Orderite

Sep 29, 2003
    It's a start, not bad Az.

2. Jotisz

Jotisz Mildly Dipped

Aug 28, 2007
    Hi Azrael I think your chambers looks way better then mine
    Keep up the work it will be awesome :ok:

3. Jesterka

Jesterka Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Mar 16, 2006
    The Continuum's ones...

4. Demonslayer

Demonslayer Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Aug 8, 2005
    Great stuff!
    Continuum has some skills on graphics although i guess he doesn't have much time to work on Fallout :|

5. fallout ranger

fallout ranger Vault Dweller

Sep 18, 2004
    Now that would look great.

6. Jesterka

Mar 16, 2006
    Yeah. Not directly gorgeous, but very useful in any rate.

I think I have an "alienish" version with damaged front glass too... somewhere.

7. Jotisz

Jotisz Mildly Dipped

Aug 28, 2007
    It would be good to see that too
    Can you tell me what programs did you used to create it?

8. Continuum

Continuum Vault Fossil

Nov 8, 2006
    Here's:

I think skills are more important than a program :wink:

9. ratsnack

ratsnack Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 27, 2005
    bootiful! I also like the earlier version with the green light. Perhaps needs better execution however.

10. Jesterka

Mar 16, 2006
    Yeah, this is the best one. :revolution:

11. Jotisz

Jotisz Mildly Dipped

Aug 28, 2007
    Well I was just curious but you right Continuum the skills are moe important I think I need a bit practice.

Here is my finished hibernator

Yeah it sucks I messed this totaly

And here is something else I've done it yesteday its based on the Yorup's items just with some small changes
    http://aycu22.webshots.com/image/25821/2000456043276100198_rs.jpg
    I hope this is better I spend some time to make it

12. Jesterka

Mar 16, 2006
    Btw, MAYBE, just maybe I'll really get the hibernators from the Yuropers.

Which will be presumably the greatest modding event of the whole 21st century.

Anyway, anyone might be satisfied enough with the Continuum's hibernators, I guess. :wink:

13. Oracle

Oracle Water Chip? Been There, Done That

May 19, 2003
    whats the latest word of Fallout Yurop anyway? Is the project official dead? if so, I wish they would release the stuff they have made. there screenshots seemed interresting.

the alien hibernator look very nice :)

14. Continuum

Continuum Vault Fossil

Nov 8, 2006
    If anyone is interested in this particular Van Buren concept art:

I could replace concrete background with wood, add some kind of frame and change poster itself to more "paper look".

or left it on alpha channel and put it on the wall (in the same way like graffiti in FOT). But I don't know if this is possible with FO mapper.

15. Dude101

Dude101 Vault Fossil
    Modder

Aug 3, 2005
    I was in contact with them a while back. They where supposed to be announcing a new project, I kept quiet all this time but I geuss that is dead as well. They where thinking about going open source with some of the stuff but never did it :(

I mailed them again about this and have received no reply.

16. Oracle

Oracle Water Chip? Been There, Done That

May 19, 2003
    ahh crap...

FanOut never released there stuff as well. Its sad that huge projects die and doesn't release the stuff that done. It could be handy for other modders.

go for it mutants risen and fan made fallout!!

17. lisac2k

lisac2k Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Oct 26, 2004
    It'd be a nice feature if Fallout's graphic format would support alpha channel(s)... You meant transparent background colour. /nitpicking ;)

Sure it is. Actually, posters are rather easy to implement, all you need is <strike>love</strike> the mapper, one new proto and the relevant poster graphics converted by FRM Anim utility.

18. Jesterka

Mar 16, 2006
    @ Continuum - Seems to be a good idea, I think...

@ Yurop - I know the old Yurop leader so I regrettably must say that the project is presumably dead, and if reborn in the future, it (probably) won't be pure Fallout stuff. Anyway, they were compacted of some really tallented people (still too little for so ambitious plan) and piles of lazy shit. It might be a great game, even the most interesting FO-mod ever - at least for people from Central Europe, where the game plot was placed. Shigor (the leader) game me two his old fellows, both top modders, so its possible revival would be certainly very hard. And, of course, why would he had gotten rid of them if he wanted to resuscitate Yurop one fine day? :?

Btw, Resurrection is (reputedly) nearly finished - at least the Czech version. But I personally don't care about them too much, they're too reserved and elitist for me.

19. Continuum

Continuum Vault Fossil

Nov 8, 2006
    Support of transparent background isn't needed at all ;)

20. Azrael-Arkangel

Azrael-Arkangel Still Mildly Glowing

Oct 7, 2005
    Okay. First I want to say sorry for my dissapearing, I was very bussy with the college.
    Now, I have a good news and a bad news.

The bad is that in all this time I wasn't able to work on any of the graphics. The good is that in college I learned a cool way to work with textures and make them look 3D in photoshop. So I can do the sub and other things very fast and make them look cool.

For example I made this.

Using textures like this.

And, for the sub I can use something like this.

So, maybe in the weekend I will be able to complete the sub. Then i'm going to do the animations for the guy because thats easy and later something for Jesterka.

Bye.