Graphics

Continuum said:
Then start learning modeling! What's the problem to not start to do that, especially if you want to do car-ization (I know one guy who's doing a poster-ization ;)) of Fallout ? :D

Because one thing is create, other is try to reproduce.
Creating you can have it your way but reproducing you need to stay near the original.

Continuum said:
Demonslayer said:
I would love to do these
Yeah, all of them will not fit into Fallout! :D You should pick up some racing game rather than post-apoc one which is set in alternative, retro-future, where simply there's no place for RL shit :D Just look how existing cars are looking.

Well, i know.
The "Back to the future" and "Mad Max" cars could fit, the delorean as some side quest/random enconter with Doc and Marty who traveled to the past and screwed up the future while the Interceptor and the police car could work like in the Mad Max movies. About the muscle cars, yes they wouldn't fit in the 50s scenario.

Jesterka said:
It's almost all about 70s crappy crap, Demon. I'm vominting now. :hide:

I know. But they are badass and i always play badass as the Chosen One. Almost as badass as those guys in Supernatural :roll:

Demonslayer said:
Because one thing is create, other is try to reproduce.
Creating you can have it your way but reproducing you need to stay near the original.
And what this have to do with learning modeling?

Demonslayer said:
The "Back to the future" and "Mad Max" cars could fit, the delorean as some side quest/random enconter with Doc and Marty who traveled to the past and screwed up the future while the Interceptor and the police car could work like in the Mad Max movies.
Could fit into what? Into the Fallout's settings or into retarded references to popular culture, since both are different things? Wait... you're talking about Fallout 2, where both are blended into one and a lot of stuff is out of place! Everything makes sense now! :dance:

I like the bookshelf, not so much the rest, except for the car at T-ray's, very nice, though i think Lexx is right about the roof.

Lexx said:
I started working on the Agricola robot, but I am not really happy with it. Either my model sucks or it sucks that it has no texture or it sucks in general... I don't know and I have no clue how to fix it or if it is worth it. :/

Maybe add more details (lines, compartments and such). And, couldn't you use Mr. Handy's "skin" on it?

Demonslayer said:
(...) the delorean as some side quest/random enconter with Doc and Marty who traveled to the past and screwed up the future (...)

I'll have to agree with Continuum here, "Doc and Marty" in fallout would just be awful and plain ludicrous, and neither the delorean nor the interceptor fit the setting or the aesthetics.

As some of you probably noticed maximum dimension of FRM isn't related to the dimension of bitmap itself, but to the orientation to blocking hex. As shown below even large FRM which is centered around blocking hex will be displayed correctly, but if you'll move that bitmap away from blocking hex engine will cut it after you'll put into the map (extremely large bitmap/far away from blocking hex) or display problems will occur (disappearing on the mouse's scroll/move for example).

imagekpp.gif

I think there's some kind of hardcoded rectangle (marked in red), orientated to one point, which is responsible for it. Now, I wonder what is the exact dimension and orientation to that one point... :ugly:

Or maybe there's something else?

-------------------------EDIT

Of course I'm talking about scenery/walls, not about critters ;)

OK, here's a small update from me, black dude wearing vault suit... After a period of lethargy, I've decided to start working on it again.

Here's the Wiki page about the project. And the animations presentation as well:

Nmvalbaa.gif
-
Nmvalbab.gif
-
Nmvalbae.gif
-
Nmvalbak.gif
-
Nmvalbal.gif
-
Nmvalban.gif
-
Nmvalbap.gif
-
Nmvalbaq.gif
-
Nmvalbar.gif
-
Nmvalbas.gif

Any help would be appreciated, send me a PM if you're interested.

Great Stuff, Lisac. He looks great! :clap:

The dude is getting all this attention - new hairstyles, new skin colors ... but what about the female dude? :(

I guess girls are stupid ... ;)

I'd actually like the mohawk skin. I'm interested in learning how to mod...maybe if someone shew me the basics I could work on it.

lisac2k said:
OK, here's a small update from me, black dude wearing vault suit... After a period of lethargy, I've decided to start working on it again.

Here's the Wiki page about the project. And the animations presentation as well:

Nmvalbaa.gif
-
Nmvalbab.gif
-
Nmvalbae.gif
-
Nmvalbak.gif
-
Nmvalbal.gif
-
Nmvalban.gif
-
Nmvalbap.gif
-
Nmvalbaq.gif
-
Nmvalbar.gif
-
Nmvalbas.gif

Any help would be appreciated, send me a PM if you're interested.

hé,hé :)
Soifrane is my sister ;)
a little fix on the wiki is imaginable? :)
or write sister Soifrane :)
Schuss

Brother Soifran

Nice!!, looks great Lisac2k, you really nailed the correct color! :clap:

PastaMasta said:
(...) I'm interested in learning how to mod...maybe if someone shew me the basics I could work on it.

Lisac2k's tutorials contain all the basics you'd need to know, other details and techniques can be learned later, and... you can always join one of the existing projects. :wink:

Josan12 said:
The dude is getting all this attention - new hairstyles, new skin colors ... but what about the female dude?

Well, now that you mention it Josan, i have this critter i've been working on, that.... :shock: ... and i could really use some help with... :shock: :shock:

nah, just kidding... :lol: :D

Yes, color looks great. Wasn't the combat armor dude more darker? Not that we get a sometimes dark black and a sometimes not so dark black dude. :>

Yes, that's the material reflection. When the sprites were rendered, their "skin" was reflecting the light (ray-trace) and this is the difference we have right here.

The guy w/o combat armor is more exposed to the light, thus "more reflections" (lighter). The other guy is packed into a combat armor with helmet, only the face is (barely) visible. Unfortunately, the light rays didn't expose the face enough to get the skin colour you can see on the vault suit dude.

The same can be seen on the white dude, and is hard to notice in-game, because of the colourful environment around him (a small joke, considering we got only 229 colours to work with.)

Lexx said:
I started working on the Agricola robot, but I am not really happy with it. Either my model sucks or it sucks that it has no texture or it sucks in general... I don't know and I have no clue how to fix it or if it is worth it. :/

Darken it up a little bit, remeber that by the time you make the sprite ingame at low resolution and 256 colour most details are lost, id make the body a little smaller in relation to the arms.

You need to render it with anti-alaising on for the internal parts of the image bu off for the outside edges so you can have a nice clean image with a "hard" outer edge with a transparent background.

I rendered all my images twice, once with AA on and once with AA off and used 'Sprite Labs" to combine the two images, but then again I was using a free program (Anim8or) that AA was either on or off with no options

Wild_qwerty said:
You need to render it with anti-alaising on for the internal parts of the image bu off for the outside edges so you can have a nice clean image with a "hard" outer edge with a transparent background.

I rendered all my images twice, once with AA on and once with AA off and used 'Sprite Labs" to combine the two images, but then again I was using a free program (Anim8or) that AA was either on or off with no options

I use 3ds max and there I can render with AA on in the inside and AA off on the edges/ where the outside of the model hits the background. ;)

Making the textures darker is not a bad idea- I tested it in a graphic program right now but it looks still very bad in relation to other Fallout art. Too much details are missing.

Josan12 said:
Great Stuff, Lisac. He looks great! :clap:

The dude is getting all this attention - new hairstyles, new skin colors ... but what about the female dude? :(

I guess girls are stupid ... ;)

I quite like playing as a female character. Especially since all the NPCs that join in Fallout 2 are male, it's nice have one girl in the group!

Yeah I'd love to see more variety in female player graphics.

Back