Grave Digging in series

Ediros

Water Chip? Been There, Done That
So, this is something that has occured to me. As I have played New Vegas, I always open up graves. There is no downside, no penalty, not even less karma.

Now, that wasn't the case in Fallout 1/2, but that's not the point of the discussion. I would like to know, how acceptable and morally wrong grave digging is in Fallout verse?

On one hand, they are already dead and it's a survival of the fittest (doesn't help you can get the unique knife from a grave). On the other hand, it's what many civilized folks look down upon.

What do you think should be penalty for it? And how would others view someone who does that? And how do you roleplay your character, so it makes sense?

Because the way I see it, you have to be going for quite evil playthrough to justify it.

It's not evil. Disrespectful, sure. But evil? Nah. The fact that we can't rebury them on the other hand is a bit more malicious. But looting the dead? They don't need the stuff and so long as you rebury them their loved ones won't know the difference. It's not a nice thing to do. But it's not what I'd consider "evil".

It's not evil. Disrespectful, sure. But evil? Nah. The fact that we can't rebury them on the other hand is a bit more malicious. But looting the dead? They don't need the stuff and so long as you rebury them their loved ones won't know the difference. It's not a nice thing to do. But it's not what I'd consider "evil".
Pretty much this. You live in a world where everyone's out for their own, slavers and raiders murder people left and right, there are mutated giants looking to either enslave you or turn you into one of them, etc etc. It's survival of the fittest, not the nicest. It's a dick move sure, but it's not necessarily evil.

Agree that it's a shitty thing to do but not the worst. Most people being kleptomaniac thieves in towns is worse.

I don't tend to graverob just because I don't really play characters that feel like they would do something like that.

Last edited:
Back