Has the Fallout series ended for you, Bethesda/Fo3 haters?

• Thread starter Thread starter Arin Matthews
  • Start date Start date
A

Arin Matthews

I know a lot of you on this forum hate the living hell out of Fallout 3 and think Bethesda is the Devil.

Is Fallout dead to you "people" now that Bethesda owns the rights to Fallout?

no it was dead when Interplay cancel the Van buran.
what beth did is make abomination with corpse and said "hey we resurrect great game!" they just take leather of Fallout and use body and mind of TES to do that.

No, I think it's still alive to some extend. The classic series is dead, though, and I doubt that the classic gameplay will ever be resurrected.
Frankly, Bethesda is not the company to make a Fallout game. It's not that they're a bad developer or anything per se, it's just that their style of games is completely different to what one would expect from a sequel to the classic games. They certainly made Fallout their own, merging their own style of gameplay with the lore and aesthetics of Fallout. Some might argue they didn't even do that well, as Fallout 3 falls short on both gameplay and lore, but it still is a fun hiking simulator to some.
So, Fallout lives on as The Fallout Scrolls, but the classic series is dead.
Even though New Vegas tried to bring back the writing and style and did a pretty good job with the gameplay, it's still stuck with the TES style of FPS-gaming and RPG elements instead of being a full blown RPG.

It died with Fallout 3, Fallout:New Vegas was it coming back to life after three days, spreading miracles, then after a few days, slipping back into death.

No one killed Fallout. Fallout's fine. It was fine through Iplay's crash and burn, it was fine for the ten years the community stayed active without hope of ever seeing another game in the series, and it was fine all through the worst of the doom and gloom pre-NV when it looked like Point Lookout was as good as we were ever again going to get.

None of that effects the originals in any way. They're still capital-g great and nothing can change that. I'm sure most of us continue to play them and derive an odd sense of pride from the rare case of getting someone else interested, and projects like Fallout: Fixt and the F2RP are actively expanding and improving the legacy. The very fact that we're all here 15 years after the game released to have this discussion says all that needs said.

There'll be other games in the series, but whether they're all New Vegases or Mothership Zetas is wholly irrelevant to the question. Fallout is fine.

woo1108 said:
in short, Interplay killed the Fallout then beth raped it.

It's not dead.

What happened is that Interplay Comatosed it, Beth raped it, realized it was in a coma, got Obsidian to snap it out of it's coma, so it can then be raped properly.

See, I can do hyperbole as well.

with positive thinking, I think NV ends Fallout series well.
The main message of Fallout "war, war never changes" was all shown by war between NCR and Legion.
and it was answered by "If the war never changes then men should changed.". maybe I'm remember wrong about sentence but what the sentence mean like this anyway.
so there's no reason to continue Fallout.
so, I want them start with new message, new world but has spirit of Fallout. let beth raping with empty shell of fallout and let developer of fallout to make brand new Fallout.

Re: Has the Fallout series ended for you, Bethesda/Fo3 hater

Arin Matthews said:
I know a lot of you on this forum hate the living hell out of Fallout 3 and think Bethesda is the Devil.

1. How do you know this?
2. Some things deserve to be hated
3. The Devil is smart, cunning, evil, tempting and has a plan. Beth is or has neither of that.

Arin Matthews said:
Is Fallout dead to you "people" now that Bethesda owns the rights to Fallout?

Fallout 1 & 2 and FOT live on. I still have em and play them. Never looked at POS. Looked too long at FO3 and still throw up a little in my mouth if I think of it. FONV is interesting in it's own way but I don't consider it Fallout in the classic sense. Though in the case of NV this is purely because of game mechanics, not content.

3/10

Re: Has the Fallout series ended for you, Bethesda/Fo3 hater

Arden said:
Arin Matthews said:

1. How do you know this?
2. Some things deserve to be hated
3. The Devil is smart, cunning, evil, tempting and has a plan. Beth is or has neither of that.

/quote]

1. I see that people hate Bethesda and Fallout 3 simply by looking around the forum.
2. Some people happen to love Fallout 3 and no they are not children (Most children hate Fallout 3. Fact.) and casuals (Believe it or not Fallout 3 is hard for most casuals) incase that is what you think.
3. Yeah you know what i mean.

Loving something doesn't mean you have to diffence the criticising especially it's right.
one thing I really doubt is that are fo3 fanboys are kind of fanatics who worships fo3 and beth?
lots of fo3 fanboys include you didn't accept criticising beth and fo3. they are flawed. I have criticising both of them with reason not because I just hate them.
FO3 doesn't break canon
how about MZ? war was happened because of Alien? war never changes? does that meant that war was always happened by alien? what a bullshit. but that's just part of one that breaks cannon. there are plenty of things that breaks cannon.

the plot holes are because their not paying attention to the game
not not because we didn't paying attention to the game but know all the fancy looking dialogs and plots are flawed. if you think there aren't any plot hole in fo3 then explain it.

Hassknecht said:
No, I think it's still alive to some extend. The classic series is dead, though, and I doubt that the classic gameplay will ever be resurrected.
Frankly, Bethesda is not the company to make a Fallout game. It's not that they're a bad developer or anything per se, it's just that their style of games is completely different to what one would expect from a sequel to the classic games. They certainly made Fallout their own, merging their own style of gameplay with the lore and aesthetics of Fallout. Some might argue they didn't even do that well, as Fallout 3 falls short on both gameplay and lore, but it still is a fun hiking simulator to some.
So, Fallout lives on as The Fallout Scrolls, but the classic series is dead.
Even though New Vegas tried to bring back the writing and style and did a pretty good job with the gameplay, it's still stuck with the TES style of FPS-gaming and RPG elements instead of being a full blown RPG.

Beth and Obsidian failed hard imo. I do "like" both games but without mods they are both average and nothing more.

woo1108 said:
how about MZ? war was happened because of Alien? war never changes? does that meant that war was always happened alien? what a bullshit but that's just part of one that breaks cannon there are plenty of things that breaks cannon.

the plot holes are because their not paying attention to the game
not not because we didn't paying attention to the game but know all the fancy looking dialogs and plots are flawed. if you think there aren't any plot hole in fo3 then explain it.

I find it funny how F2 gets away with aliens due to it being a "easter egg" or w/e but F3 gets trashed for it.. Obviosly F3 deserves to be trashed for MZ but that is another part of the story :evil:

Arin, did you create an account just to try and change our minds about Fallout3? Because others have tried the exact same Ear covering shit in the past, and of course they fail because they have no arguments, they just want us to think like them beacuse.... BECAUSE, they post a few topics, argue with nothing with others and then just dissappear when they realize they are wasting their and our time. Also Their is different to They are.

Walpknut said:
Arin, did you create an account just to try and change our minds about Fallout3? Because others have tried the exact same Ear covering shit in the past, and of course they fail because they have no arguments, they just want us to think like them beacuse.... BECAUSE, they post a few topics, argue with nothing with others and then just dissappear when they realize they are wasting their and our time. Also Their is different to They are.
Look at his Youtube-channel to get a taste of his argumentation methods. It's hilarious, actually.

Hassknecht said:
Walpknut said:
Look at his Youtube-channel to get a taste of his argumentation methods. It's hilarious, actually.

Ah yes, the "adolescent youtube comment dweller" school of argumentation. Very renowned and prestigious :eyebrow:

Also, liking FO3 will not get you banned. Insulting the members of the forum by implying that they are not "people" is pushing it.

Walpknut said:

Nope, don't worry i'm nothing like that.

Fallout will never end. As long as I'm alive and I have a mind that can come up with imagination it will for always live. If I was able to Roleplay through Fallout 3 and thought up of DIFFERENT reasons and things why I had to do this and that, then what the quest said... I'll be able to do so with F4 as well.

Back