Hollywood latest mutilation work: King of Fighter the Movie.

Not just the game, the manga(comic) based on KoF are really good and popular in Asia too.

But i have doubt about how it would turn out as a film thanks to Hollywood's "reputation".

Public said:
How can you make a movie, based on some fighting game?

It's like making a movie about Tetris.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE_1KlWFJyA[/youtube]

SuAside said:
I_eat_supermutants said:
Well they've already done it to Street Fighter twice at this point.
twice? i was only aware of the JC "Muscles from Brussels" Van Damme version...

can't really believe they'd make another after that piece of trash. :)

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li

They couldn't even bother to get a Chinese to play Chun-Li. I think Kristen Kreuk is like half Dutch, quarter Jamaican and quarter Chinese.

It hella bombed. Cost 60 million to make and brought in about 10 million WW, I think

radiatedheinz said:
funny how you guys talk about King of Fighters, as a second class game. It is a kind of famous game, at least in my circle of geek friends. There's lots of fans here in Brazil.

Oh, I know, it's quite famous.

But it's still just a Street Fighter clone. It's not even a subtle Street Fighter clone, it's an outright rip-off that didn't improve on the master of fighting games in any way. Do we really, really have to make a big deal out of that, regardless of its popularity?

In all honesty I'm a capcom player over SNK but I have to admit that SNK games are a lot more technical and well concieved. They just require more of a commitment than I was interested in giving a fighting game, but I highly recomend going back and playing them (they are all on Gametap).

As far as movies go I just dont care what hollywood does anymore. I checked out silent hill and was not too offended, I ended up enjoying it although I felt it was a waste of a good property. I love hitman and Max Payne but I never bothered even finding anything out about the movies, it is like they are completely separate entities that just dont show up on my video game fan OR movie fan radar.

Brother None said:
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li

They couldn't even bother to get a Chinese to play Chun-Li. I think Kristen Kreuk is like half Dutch, quarter Jamaican and quarter Chinese.

It hella bombed. Cost 60 million to make and brought in about 10 million WW, I think
you've got to be kiddin' me...

Kristen Kreuk as a lead in a fake martial arts movie?

wow... just wow.

and then people wonder why i haven't gone to the cinema for years.

Patton89 said:
Not very known in the more desolate and void northern wastelands of europe, also known as Finland.

Like any fighting game is (except maybe for tekken which is shit). Even street fighter isn't very popular over here :clap:

The KOF-series is very well known in places like china, korea, japan and southern-america. It never really landed on US soil like many of SNK's games. KOF 98 is still very popular with its online play in china and mexico for an example.

I'll also have to throw in a shameless off-topic plug: Any of you who miss these games should check out ggpo ( http://ggpo.net ) and 2df ( http://2dfighter.net ) where you can play arcade fighters online. [/plug]

F.E.V.DippedDoofus said:
*Bangs head on desk*

Really? King of Fighters? What's next a Samurai Showdown movie?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

A samsho movie, that I could never forgive the Hollywood...

KoF was popular as fuck back in Turkey. I was never into fighting games but the KoF at the arcades I went to were all crowded with people who were waiting their turn to play.

Back