Homeless Man Bleeds to Death While People Watch

Tremer said:
victor said:
I hear that ribcage fractures of some kind are pretty common when performing CPR on someone, even if a "professional" does it. Can someone confirm/debunk this?

No they are not. If you know what your are doing that doesnt happen.

it may happen only if are pressing in the wrong spot and too hard

It's funny that you proclaim that which such certainty, since I'm sitting here with a guy that works at the red cross and has practiced first aid for years at large events and has even competed in it, who says it's pretty common with a cracked rib or two even when a practiced person performs CPR. If you push the right place every time it doesn't happen, but in practice, if resuscitation takes a while, you'll eventually hit the wrong spot.

victor said:
I hear that ribcage fractures of some kind are pretty common when performing CPR on someone, even if a "professional" does it. Can someone confirm/debunk this?

I have to do a CPR/EAR Course for work. Our instructor said its kinda common, especially if your performing the procedure on a small body.

I think I saw this story on the news. The more populated a city the less empathetic it seems to become. Maybe we need to start shooting people up into space to live. But not the moon because I keep telling people to use the moon as our galactic waste dump (Seriously what's so wrong with that?)

actually in the US:

you are allowed self-defense not in excess of the threat/force used by your attacker. ie: if they have a weapon, you are allowed to use a weapon. if they do not have a weapon, you can use a weapon to defend yourself but not attack first. you must feel you are in danger to use or threaten with a weapon. its a part of our self-defense rules. texas is the most lenient on part of the person getting attacked.

in the US we have something called "good samaritan laws"

if you are trying to provide help to someone in distress, you cannot be sued for providing that help if it causes injury unless it was excessive. there are actually cases of people being taken to court. USUALLY they are protected by the good samaritan laws and sometimes they are not. it is not very easy to ignore the protection they offer. but it does happen sometimes.

Back