Hope fallout 4 would be NV+fallout3

The only placec with some trees were VC (geck) and Shady Sands (geck and BoS technology).

Youre saying about forests in north California/Core Region, but all those trees are "burned", i mean, they're worse than conifers.

800px-FO2-Klamath-GrazingGrounds.png

In Fallout universe, nature don't get up by itself, but by care of some people.
Mojave Wasteland have vegetation, because nukes didn't irradiated water. Zion Canyon wasn't hit by nukes and it's canyon, so it was pretty free from radiation ahead (but it wasn't so easy to survive after Great War occured, notes from Clark)

Languorous_Maiar said:
The only placec with some trees were VC (geck) and Shady Sands (geck and BoS technology).

Youre saying about forests in north California/Core Region, but all those trees are "burned", i mean, they're worse than conifers.

800px-FO2-Klamath-GrazingGrounds.png

In Fallout universe, nature don't get up by itself, but by care of some people.
Mojave Wasteland have vegetation, because nukes didn't irradiated water. Zion Canyon wasn't hit by nukes and it's canyon, so it was pretty free from radiation ahead (but it wasn't so easy to survive after Great War occured, notes from Clark)

You know, radiation goes away after a while, most of it anyway. Have you looked at the wildlife in Chernobyl?

It's a bad argument.
You know, in Fallout a lot things don't work like in our world. Have you seen any ghouls in Chernobyl or in Japan?

Languorous_Maiar said:
It's a bad argument.
You know, in Fallout a lot things don't work like in our world. Have you seen any ghouls in Chernobyl or in Japan?

Made me giggle. :lol:

I could google and post the far worse shit that people developed and suffered from Chernobyl, Hiroshima and Nagasaki. But that would be in poor taste.

A Fallout in a greener evirorment would be a cool idea. Not every part of the USA is a desert.

Languorous_Maiar said:

You forgot the encounter maps with trees all around.

Still, the trees have foliage. It might not be in the best shape, but it exists. On the other side, we could argue that it looks how it looks because of the limited color palette.

If green cacti, broc flowers and stuff can be found, then there is no logical reason to think that other vegetation can't exist.

/Edit: And now I see random green bushes in your screenshot, proving your "In Fallout universe, nature don't get up by itself, but by care of some people"-argument wrong as well. ;)

If green cacti, broc flowers and stuff can be found, then there is no logical reason to think that other vegetation can't exist.
Im not saying it doesnt exist, but its pretty minimalistic stuff, and it never be like vegetation in Vault City or NCR, or like wildlife arount Chernobyl.
Just look how Chernobyl looks after 20 years, and how Fallout looks after 200 years. There is no compare.

Nature gets up on its own. Man cannot kill the entire ecosystem. The Great War really fucked up the natural ecosystem, that's true, but it wasn't entirely destroyed. After 200 years, it does get up.

Well, Chernobyl was no nuclear holocaust. Beside this, my other points still stand. Though, I want to add one more thing: Just because you don't see something in the game, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Just like horses: We don't see horses in Fo1/2/NV, yet that doesn't mean all horses are extinct. Many people seem to jump into conclusions, just because element x wasn't visible in any game (yet).

Languorous_Maiar said:
I rather thinks, that people thoughts that horses are dead, because Avellone said so in bible.
But there's horse in prologue of NV that about Chance. ????

Lexx said:
Just a little note. It's a possible explanation to the (possible) limitation. In Fallout universe, water seems to keep radiation for long amounts of time. That means the less water you need to take from environment, the less radiation damage you take. So, cacti are favored in comparison to, say, grass and trees. I don't know what kind of plant would exactly be the broc flowers, though. I'd guess it's not exactly a low water consuming plant.
EDIT: Thinking more deeply, radiation resistance is something that exists in the Fallout universe, in ghouls for example, so plants could actually develope this and that makes my whole reasoning invalid.

Languorous_Maiar said:
It's a bad argument.

So I guess people don't need oxygen in the Fallout world either? You can handwave anything with that logic.

woo1108 said:
Languorous_Maiar said:
I rather thinks, that people thoughts that horses are dead, because Avellone said so in bible.
But there's horse in prologue of NV that about Chance. ????

Fallout Bible > farmed out promotional material

and seriously there is plenty of vegetation in Fallout, please do not use that dumb 'less nukes in mojave/zion shit that is dumb, there requires vegetation as there are plenty of farms in Fallout 1/2, if no plants then like every animal is carnivorous and they'd probably have never survived the several hundred years since nukes.

also no oxygen so everything dies

Ehh, people.
Look at my 1 post.
I was saying about "abundance" of wildlife, because it's obvious some trees like those from FO2 exist, but they pretty minimalist and useless to humans.

I never said that in Core Region there wasn't anything... uh.

Just anyone who want some jungles or a lot of green stuff, shouldn't except that in Fallout.

There HAS to be living plants if there's dead plants. If all plant life was killed, within 200 years there wouldn't be any dead bushes or tumbleweeds; the remains would have gone away long ago. Especially the dead grass you can see in New Vegas. If you see dead grass, there must have been living grass very recently (as in within a human lifetime).

Languorous_Maiar said:
Ehh, people.
Look at my 1 post.
I was saying about "abundance" of wildlife, because it's obvious some trees like those from FO2 exist, but they pretty minimalist and useless to humans.

I never said that in Core Region there wasn't anything... uh.

Just anyone who want some jungles or a lot of green stuff, shouldn't except that in Fallout.

I just want confirmation that the Fallout planet is not an oxygenless rock and sand desert. Just a not too large amount of scattered greenlife amongst still a very dry, rocky, sandy place would go a long way to increase believeability and give a sense of time passing.

Well, many parts of the western USA, which we have seen in Fallout games (Fo1/2 and NV), is just desert in real life anyway.

Back