how fev dipping works? and other fevy questions.

how am i a douche by asking few questions?
By doing exactly things like this: Asking questions you'd already know the answers to if you read carefully.
Lemme quote myself here:
It's a matter of respect for other people's time, you know? By going in and asking questions you could already know the answers to (and refusing to look up said answers after being told where they are) you basically say "My time is more valuable than yours. Do my research for me, I'll wait here having tea and crumpets".

By doing exactly things like this: Asking questions you'd already know the answers to if you read carefully.
Lemme quote myself here:
you still assume i asked about things that were answered in wiki and games. which i did not. i asked for theories. opinions.

Except everything you asked has already been answered by the wiki and the games. There is a definitive answer. You just have to look.

I read your OP more thoroughly and I noticed this: Are you making a civilisation mod or something? Just curious.
fallout mod for Hearts of Iron 3:Their finest hour. latest patch. inspired by FODD mod for hoi2:darkest days. ofc it will be mod more focused on development and building up of country than on solely war as it is with vanilla hoi3. you can get more info here http://www.moddb.com/mods/hearts-of-iron-3fallout-mod download is not yet aviable since i want atleast working tech trees, units, AI and basic decision/event framework for my enhanced AI, something i worked on for years now.

how am i a douche by asking few questions?

Because "the internet" has a general agreed upon etiquette. Surely this isn't the only forum you've visited- I'm sure there are others you've noticed "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION" stickied.

In short, your thread here suggests that you consider *your* time more valuable than others. That's what most would consider being a 'douche' .

You want to know about FEV. You have two options:
1) Spend 20~30 minutes of your own time looking up and reading the previously mentioned Vault Wiki, and then posting a question if you still have any.
2) Spend 5 minutes of your own time posting on a forum, and expecting half a dozen people to spend their own time to read the Wiki for you, gather the answers to your questions for you, and then take the time to post that information in bite sized chunks for you to quickly consume... until the next time you have a question.

Option #1 requires time and effort on your part to get you what you want.
Option #2 requires time and effort by other people to get you what you want.

By selecting Option #2, you are making a choice: Spend your own time or spend other people's time. To most people (myself included) you are saying (through your actions) that you consider your own time more valuable than other people's time. That's being a douche.

I'm sure you're thinking "It's only a few questions"- but look over the thread. You asked (among other things) how dipping works. Mr. Fish linked you a cutscene from Fallout 1 (and on The Vault wiki) and you immediately asked "What about my other questions"- expecting Mr. Fish to take more time out of his day to answer your other questions.

Izak then gave you a description again from Fallout 1- and copied from The Vault Wiki- and you asked more questions for Izak to take time out of his day to answer. All three are answered in the games and are on the Wiki.

Finally, when it was suggested (By Izak) that you can gain the answers to all your questions (and more) from spending some time on the Wiki you replied with:

i dont want info from the game and wiki but rather some information that any of you got from other sources. got it? thats why i asked in the first place.

That's hostile to me- and rather ungrateful to. Izak has a hell of a lot more patience than I do. I'd have pointed out you're full of shit when you said you've read the Wiki considering what people have been linking you in this thread are from the wiki

I'm guessing you're new to Internet forums, and getting along with others, in general and haven't taken the time to think about what you're doing when you post a thread with questions.

Hassknecht referred to you using these forums as a search engine. There's a reason for that: The people here replying to you (including myself) are people. Forum users are not Google, they are not Apple fucking Siri. You do not hit the 'create thread button' and ask "How does FEV work" like you ask your phone for the nearest Pizza joint.

Search the Wiki and read the Wiki if you have a question. If you then have a question that isn't answered by the available sources (and again, you're full of shit if you try and claim you read the Wiki. It has the Youtube dipping clip right on it under 'Video'!) then create a thread and ask your question... people will generally help you out. Much more than you've seen here, because the people here (like many people in other forums) don't mind spending time and effort to help strangers out... so long as you put some time and effort in first.

Because "the internet" has a general agreed upon etiquette. Surely this isn't the only forum you've visited- I'm sure there are others you've noticed "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION" stickied.

In short, your thread here suggests that you consider *your* time more valuable than others. That's what most would consider being a 'douche' .

You want to know about FEV. You have two options:
1) Spend 20~30 minutes of your own time looking up and reading the previously mentioned Vault Wiki, and then posting a question if you still have any.
2) Spend 5 minutes of your own time posting on a forum, and expecting half a dozen people to spend their own time to read the Wiki for you, gather the answers to your questions for you, and then take the time to post that information in bite sized chunks for you to quickly consume... until the next time you have a question.

Option #1 requires time and effort on your part to get you what you want.
Option #2 requires time and effort by other people to get you what you want.

By selecting Option #2, you are making a choice: Spend your own time or spend other people's time. To most people (myself included) you are saying (through your actions) that you consider your own time more valuable than other people's time. That's being a douche.

I'm sure you're thinking "It's only a few questions"- but look over the thread. You asked (among other things) how dipping works. Mr. Fish linked you a cutscene from Fallout 1 (and on The Vault wiki) and you immediately asked "What about my other questions"- expecting Mr. Fish to take more time out of his day to answer your other questions.

Izak then gave you a description again from Fallout 1- and copied from The Vault Wiki- and you asked more questions for Izak to take time out of his day to answer. All three are answered in the games and are on the Wiki.

Finally, when it was suggested (By Izak) that you can gain the answers to all your questions (and more) from spending some time on the Wiki you replied with:

That's hostile to me- and rather ungrateful to. Izak has a hell of a lot more patience than I do. I'd have pointed out you're full of shit when you said you've read the Wiki considering what people have been linking you in this thread are from the wiki

I'm guessing you're new to Internet forums, and getting along with others, in general and haven't taken the time to think about what you're doing when you post a thread with questions.

Hassknecht referred to you using these forums as a search engine. There's a reason for that: The people here replying to you (including myself) are people. Forum users are not Google, they are not Apple fucking Siri. You do not hit the 'create thread button' and ask "How does FEV work" like you ask your phone for the nearest Pizza joint.

Search the Wiki and read the Wiki if you have a question. If you then have a question that isn't answered by the available sources (and again, you're full of shit if you try and claim you read the Wiki. It has the Youtube dipping clip right on it under 'Video'!) then create a thread and ask your question... people will generally help you out. Much more than you've seen here, because the people here (like many people in other forums) don't mind spending time and effort to help strangers out... so long as you put some time and effort in first.

the "first time out of the vault" doesnt give you much credibility. maybe a little better reading of OP would give you insight of why i said what i said. until you figure it out. no reasont to discuss whether my questions were douchy or not.

the "first time out of the vault" doesnt give you much credibility. maybe a little better reading of OP would give you insight of why i said what i said. until you figure it out. no reasont to discuss whether my questions were douchy or not.
He's been longer on this forum than you, though. And it's not like you're much of an oldtimer yourself.
Either way, this is not the first time you made a post asking for research help that was easy to misunderstand. And it's not the first time that you got a little pissy when people got annoyed at you perceivedly moving the goalposts of your questions.
You are aware that your English isn't exactly the best, so please bear that in mind when you ask questions and see that people don't understand you properly.
It's not that your questions per se are douchey, but the way you ask them and the way you react to them is.
Next time you ask for help, state clearly what you need and why you need it.
"Hey folks, I'm doing a Fallout-themed Hearts of Iron 3 mod and currently getting all the fluff together. So I've been over what The Vault and the Fallout Bibles say for FEV and what it does, but it's kinda vague. That's why I'm asking you for theories! How does FEV rewrite DNA? Is it some kind of nanomachine? What's the green goo? What is needed to produce it/how do the vats work? Has there been something like that in real life, maybe? Thanks in advance!"
Nice, polite, concise. Everyone knows what you want, nobody would throw The Vault or the Bibles at you, and people would be happy to help and come up with cool stuff.
If you need help with formulating such a request in the future you're free to drop me a message and I'd be happy to help you with writing your questions in a concise and polite way.

He's been longer on this forum than you, though. And it's not like you're much of an oldtimer yourself.
Either way, this is not the first time you made a post asking for research help that was easy to misunderstand. And it's not the first time that you got a little pissy when people got annoyed at you perceivedly moving the goalposts of your questions.
You are aware that your English isn't exactly the best, so please bear that in mind when you ask questions and see that people don't understand you properly.
It's not that your questions per se are douchey, but the way you ask them and the way you react to them is.
Next time you ask for help, state clearly what you need and why you need it.
"Hey folks, I'm doing a Fallout-themed Hearts of Iron 3 mod and currently getting all the fluff together. So I've been over what The Vault and the Fallout Bibles say for FEV and what it does, but it's kinda vague. That's why I'm asking you for theories! How does FEV rewrite DNA? Is it some kind of nanomachine? What's the green goo? What is needed to produce it/how do the vats work? Has there been something like that in real life, maybe? Thanks in advance!"
Nice, polite, concise. Everyone knows what you want, nobody would throw The Vault or the Bibles at you, and people would be happy to help and come up with cool stuff.
If you need help with formulating such a request in the future you're free to drop me a message and I'd be happy to help you with writing your questions in a concise and polite way.
there are few possible reasons why people dont get the message across. either what you said, OR some people just "rush read" OP instead of actually spending time and thinking about it. like, you read every 2nd or 3rd word and just make up the rest. its common for all people really, nothing bad, but if you misunderstand what you have read, its better to apologize for mean reaction to OP instead of trying to blame me for the misunderstanding. fact that you and other guys didnt really reacted to "theory" part and even after i pointed it out you still stood behind your opinion kinda confirms that you've read just few words from the start and quickly read the rest without much processing. also, we are different people, with different cognitive processes, might i assume, you are older than me maybe by generation, it would make sense if you would process things differently than me, as we both have different patterns for resolving word order and we have both different understanding of more subtle messages.
either way, there is no reason to be a douche, no reason to blame me for not reading whole OP/not understanding it. i took my time to make the questions comprehensible, and people i work with (FODD makers) do understand my questions very well, as well as people on paradox forums and on moddb. maybe its time to think about oneself, rather than rushing into argument.
now, as this has gotten way too OT, shall we agree upon ending this argument now?

FEV: Magic Bullshit made to explain all the mutations in a clear and sensible matter.

Radiation: Magic FUCKING Bullshit that somehow explains all mutations cause... fifties.

Back