If your character had the option to settle down in a F2 town

I would have liked to create a para-military/mercenary organization. Somewhat like the NCR Rangers.

The first thing to do is taking over the Sierra Military Depot as base of operations while creating a mafia war at New Reno by playing factions against each other.

The second stage would include gutting the Reno by taking over the North Caravan Routes' protection rackets while importing builders and artisans (like some of the ghouls from and talented and educated guys and gals from Vault City) to my base to start a decent Infastructure for my army.

Why think small when you have the power to do things?

Klamath, I'm pretty sure. With Sulik, Smiley and John Sullivan around to teach me stuff I'd be a fucking monster by the time anything happens to threaten me in any way.

I'd probably settle down in Vault 13 after saving the world and the Enclave wiping out the Deathclaw who live there, and the people who lived there joined with those in Arroyo.

Could charge family's rent to stay in a protected vault, and pocketing as many water chips as I could from Vault City, just in case.

Either that or hook up with the Brotherhood to turn Vault 13 into a new base, train some paladins, and one up those losers in lyons band.

Ironically, I live in the REAL Redding, CA.

It's exactly how it's portrayed in F2: An old mining town with a meth problem.

I hate living in the real Redding, and I'd hate the F2 Redding just as much.

I guess I'd go for the NCR. Seems pretty secure from the wastes, yet not as uptight as Vault City.

I'd probably live in Reading. It has a good bar, and bythe end another city gets involved, so you know that city is going places. It'd be an interesting time to be a citizen of Reading.

The tanker is the best choice. To live with artists, intellectuals and musicians in an almost anarchist place. The guys sure are a brilliant society.

And there is San Fran and a basement filled with mutated things. This is life.

In Modoc, because thanks to me they made peace with the Ghost Farm. So they will start to prosper and will need some skilled person to keep the place safe and train others to be ready for any outside unfriendly visitors.

Also, there's Miria...

Or, stick with punks at the tanker in SF. On the end of the game, they drifted on, so it might be interesting to go with them.

I don't think my character would ever settle, but he would live for a while in the Den, making the based of deceased Metzger his home.

But ultimately, he'd be so bored, so he'd find new adventures, and would end up in a certain Cafe of Broken Dreams, probably trying to get under young Tandi's skirts... he's kinda creepy.

Probably Modoc, because I love the quiet relaxed atmosphere they have there and the music is awesome,

In Vault City and NCR it's like:
"HEY YOU! I order you to pause the game and put your weapons away so I can waste 10 seconds of your time!" :roll:

The best place to settle down (granted the chosen one would end up somewhere in Golgotha) would be The Enclave Oil Rig :lol: . It's safe, well equiped, high tech.... As a soldier you could often visit places with the vertibird rades, shoot people and participate in other fun activities.

Otherwise, Gecko would be an exotic place (:=o

I_eat_supermutants said:
Well, ya know what's funny. I ask several people in a post apocalyptic situation where the ideal place to live would be and alot of time they say, "out in the country".

Thought occurs. Wouldn't that just make you an easy target in a Fallout like setting. Roving bands of raiders and bandits. Against one.

Doesn't seem ideal to me is all.

Yep, they could kill you with Super Stimpaks or stuff.

Totally not Vault city, Gecko's nuclear powerplant is going to contaminate the water supply. NCR - No its a Republic.
Broken Hills: MUTANTS LIVE THERE!
Arroyo: I aint no tribal
The Den: phh Drugs - oh nvm they got a ghost!
Klamath: Erm... big gecko's and rats... no thanks
New Reno: Thats more like it... if i want STD's no thanks
Vault 13: Phh no it has 13 on the door...
Modoc: To dry and they got a deathclaw pet YIKES!
GECKO: Ghouls 'nuf sed
San Fran: Erm... they got those wierd oriental ppl...
Redding: They got miners.... and aliens down below RUN!
Vault 15: They got Squaters... they Squat to much
Military Base: No i dont wanna be a Supie
Im gona have to say the Raiders Base. They got it made out... Plus they are Mercs hired from that guy in new reno. If i get paid and have guns im down with it. So thats my choice.

Most likely Redding or Modoc,

If my character went to Redding i'd continue helping out the Sheriff and set up shop in the sheriffs Office (I actually use the office in most of my play-throughs to store equipment.)

Modoc would be a great place to live out the rest of your life in peace, once the water and 'farm' problem has been sorted out of course.

Back